remember those metal odour removers qvc did?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

T

tristar

Guest Shopper
I had one, it was like a silver thing that you covered with water. Cant think of the name? QVC featured them a lot including as tsv a few years back. They were brilliant wish I could find mine. What happened to the product and the dishy hairy man who presented them, hink he was the designer too. I would love to see them back so I could buy some more.

They were ZILO. I bought the largest one in a blue glass dish.

I did loads of tests and experiments, and decided they did nothing at all, so I sent them back (I bought 2).

A month or so later I decided I really liked them as arty ornaments, so bought them again!

They still didn't work though! I think those people who thought they worked were victims of "The emporer's new clothes syndrome".

They were ZILO. I bought the largest one in a blue glass dish.

I did loads of tests and experiments, and decided they did nothing at all, so I sent them back (I bought 2).

A month or so later I decided I really liked them as arty ornaments, so bought them again!

They still didn't work though! I think those people who thought they worked were victims of "The emporer's new clothes syndrome".

What a shambles

I loved mine. Is that why qvc discontinued them? maybe complaints or high returns? Thanks for the name stratobuddy. Zilo thats what they were called. Knew they began with a Z. Wish I could find mine.

I had the one with the blue dish. I still have the blue dish but I've managed to misplace the metal disc. I just ordered the one off amazon cos I want to compete my set again, AND I'm eager to see what it does if you put in the dishwasher.

they do work but so do your sink taps. you wet your hands and rub it along the tap and rinse. its magic the garlic disappears ....honestly

they do work but so do your sink taps. you wet your hands and rub it along the tap and rinse. its magic the garlic disappears ....honestly

i used to think about that when they were doing the presentations. why not use a fork or something? lol

How did they, say, remove smoke odours, things like that, surely you had to have contact with it, so it cured smells on hands, but what was the theory behind them working as a room deodoriser then.

How did they, say, remove smoke odours, things like that, surely you had to have contact with it, so it cured smells on hands, but what was the theory behind them working as a room deodoriser then.

They had to be in contact with water, hence the dish. As water evaporated it did something magic with molecules in the air and killed odours. Simple!

Wasnt the guest German?

I think he was, he looked mediterannean in appearance, very haiory and he used to wear tight tops mmmmm

I have a "bar" of stainless steel "soap" which cost about £1 (maybe less) about 20 years ago, It works in contact with water (used like soap under a running tap) to remove onion, garlic chopping smells from fingers (or any body part probably) it sits on the side of my kitchen sink, often in a small puddle of water but I've never noticed it having room de-odourising properties.

Did anyone buy the toilet disc Zilo? That was a plumber call-out charge waiting to happen!

Jude xx

Last edited:
I have a "bar" of stainless steel "soap" which cost about £1 (maybe less) about 20 years ago, It works in contact with water (used like soap under a running tap) to remove onion, garlic chopping smells from fingers (or any body part probably) it sits on the side of my kitchen sink, often in a small puddle of water but I've never noticed it having room de-odourising properties.

Did anyone buy the toilet disc Zilo? That was a plumber call-out charge waiting to happen!

Jude xx

Im intrigued at the thought of garlic and "other body parts" :happy:

Well I'm trying to be inclusive Yorko, I'm sure I read somewhere that if you rub garlic on the soles of your feet you can taste it in your mouth within a few minutes. What parts did you have in mind?

Jude xx

Latest posts

Back