Returning item under statutory cancellation...?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Totally Loopy Lou

Registered Shopper
Hi all

I know this has been discussed on here before but I just wanted to ask some advice pretty please!

I bought the SBC TSV just before Christmas, because I was sucked in by the presentation and Debbie Flint going on about the insane value (was feeling a bit vulnerable at the time and convinced myself that I would find all the gels useful...!

Anyway things been so rough of late and so busy preparing for a funeral etc that I didn't even open the package and have realised I won't use most of it and shouldn't have bought the stuff!!

So I would like return it under the 14 day cancellation thingy. It came on Xmas eve so am cutting it really fine so would appreciate any advice as to exactly what I do...

I think I have to contact them via email or writing - is that right?
Also I have not even touched the box at all, should I leave it like that or is it ok/best to open and take out my receipt?
Then do I need to include any paper work with it?
Finally is it okay to use Hermes to return it - they will collect it from me and it's much cheaper than post office...!

Thanks in advance for help!

Yes, you email them it's [email protected] or use the 'contact us' form online - but be aware that you can't keep a copy for your records if you use the online form. Quote the order number and your details. State that you wish to cancel under distance selling regulations. Then you return the item at your expense, obtaining proof of postage. You will initially get an acknowledgment of your cancellation, and will eventually receive a full refund of cost of item and original postage and packing. Unfortunately, you have to bear the cost of the return, unless you can refuse the package, which obviously doesn't apply in this case. HTH.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply and for your advice, much appreciated. Sorry if it was obvious or if it's been gone over here much before - I am going to write an email now. Wish I had known to refuse the parcel at the time but if I get original postage that would be great...
Thanks again x

No problem! The reason it's all so fresh in my mind is that I had to ask the same question myself just a couple of months ago, and I was given this advice by other forum members.
When you get your refund, just check that you've been given the P&P - I cancelled two items, and initially was only refunded P&P for one. I had to email them again to ask for the second P&P, which they refunded with an apology, but I think they would like to get away with it if you didn't notice!

Latest posts

Back