SBC TSV 30/4/24

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I’m well past the menopause, and breezed through it, and thankfully have never experienced that problem. I know that I’m really lucky though.
I didn’t suffer like a lot have but my issues have been more gynaecological than anything.

Yes, a female doctor when doing a smear test said I should go on Vagifem/estradiol pessaries, been on them now a number of years.
To be fair to people such as myself, some cannot use estrogen hormones meds due to previous disorders being caused by hormones, there is a market for none hormonal treatments - I'm not saying go buy go buy, just this is an issue for some.

To be fair to people such as myself, some cannot use estrogen hormones meds due to previous disorders being caused by hormones, there is a market for none hormonal treatments - I'm not saying go buy go buy, just this is an issue for some.
Yes there should be an alternative.
I was waking up every night to have a wee presumably because of sensitivity.
Now with estradiol pessaries I don’t.
Kept getting UTI’s once again having not had them for years.
I take cranberry tablets as well.

Yes, a female doctor when doing a smear test said I should go on Vagifem/estradiol pessaries, been on them now a number of years.
There are hormone free equivalents available from your doctor

I remember she said I was paper thin inside, so I think that is why I got the ones I did. I have to say, very, very rarely get UTIs could be years apart. The last one was way before COVID 19.

I remember she said I was paper thin inside, so I think that is why I got the ones I did. I have to say, very, very rarely get UTIs could be years apart. The last one was way before COVID 19.
Menopause is natures last cruel trick.
Remember reading that and thinking it’s not wrong.

No but QVC itself is experiencing a very slow and protracted death 🤣

I think you are right. The returns rate is enormous, the refunds are taking an age and the profits have gone from £60+ million two years ago to circa £6 million in 2022/2023!

That is a massive financial difference.

It's the 60 day MBG when you can use the things you buy that astounds me. So I buy some hugely expensive skincare (Perricone?). I've got 2 months to use it and then the pot's nearly finished and I think "nahh, not that good" and I send it back for a refund. The pot's nearly finished so they can't resell - could they anyway? Over £100 loss for QVC. How can they make money if everyone's doing that ?

CC

It's the 60 day MBG when you can use the things you buy that astounds me. So I buy some hugely expensive skincare (Perricone?). I've got 2 months to use it and then the pot's nearly finished and I think "nahh, not that good" and I send it back for a refund. The pot's nearly finished so they can't resell - could they anyway? Over £100 loss for QVC. How can they make money if everyone's doing that ?

CC
Ahhh but that’s the thing - it’s not a loss for QVC…

Now you say that, I think I read on a post that it's the product company that take the loss. Perricone must be making trillions if they can absorb the QVC returns.

CC

Now you say that, I think I read on a post that it's the product company that take the loss. Perricone must be making trillions if they can absorb the QVC returns.

CC

Along with Bonaventure also, they are right it is the company that takes the financial hit.

Qvc does not lose out unless it relates to the P&P of course - when they do those free P&P days for example. That is the only time. It is a fundamental agreement that Qvc has with its suppliers.

I used to love Decleor and then they left. It may have been the returns ratio or the looming 60 day MBG that they decided to bail out. They made the right judgement call in my humble opinion!

Either way Qvc makes sure they do not have to suffer the large financial consequences.

Think about it you could order the Ultrasun take it on holiday use it, come back and post it back for refund! 😀 Effectively nearly free sun protection cream for the price of postage - it’s a no brainer 😀😀

That’s just financial madness and suicide in my book!

I think if you've used over a certain amount of the product they reduce the amount of money they refund. If you send a lot back you get a letter telling you so I believe and I think some folk had their accounts closed at one time because it was thought they were just using/wearing things and then sending back for a refund.

CC

Beware of these products. "Old fashioned" washing with warm water, gentle soap and a clean flannel it the only way to go. The chemicals in these products, although SBC say they are "pure", can cause infections. Nature has seen to it that our bodies can usually take care of themselves.

Old whatsername, from the late, (not) lamented Qurio, will be wetting her knickers with excitement.
Then, she'll really need the "fanny" wash!

Beware of these products. "Old fashioned" washing with warm water, gentle soap and a clean flannel it the only way to go. The chemicals in these products, although SBC say they are "pure", can cause infections. Nature has seen to it that our bodies can usually take care of themselves.
Absolutely. They strip away the body’s natural bacteria which can lead to soreness and infections. If you are dry down there see your GP who can give medical advice and isn’t trying to flog a product…. And let’s face it, Abi Cleeve is…

Latest posts

Back