L'Occitane TSV 18/4/24

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

A very strange TSV. No real connection between the products. Handwash, foot cream and a body lotion. Real pick and mix. Handwash, why not hand cream?

As L'Occitane now own Elemis, they've probably realised that Q are a perfect place for them to dump old stock.
And I'm only half joking, I wouldn't be surprised if that was true.

I gave up buying l’Occitaine many years ago. I did like their liquid soaps but I got fed up with the pumps not working and when they did had to give them some welly to get out. And then they dripped. I used to decant them into old Molton Brown dispensers which work fine. Now just buy Molton Brown.

I gave up buying l’Occitaine many years ago. I did like their liquid soaps but I got fed up with the pumps not working and when they did had to give them some welly to get out. And then they dripped. I used to decant them into old Molton Brown dispensers which work fine. Now just buy Molton Brown.
The ABC skin wash is 9.99 for 500ml on Amazon.
I’m going to start using that instead in my downstairs toilet.
Half the price with a working pump.

First post for me as I have just registered today. I am thankfully in agreement with all of you about L’Occitane TSV. I am just at the point now of giving up with it. The Christmas TSV I bought was good. Today though on the Vanilla Alexis said it is retired and will not be coming back. For a long time I have suspected that QVC is a diversion for brands to off load their slow - even non selling - and discontinued stock and reading some of your thoughts I think we may be right.

Yesterday morning on the 9am show they said that Vanilla was close to going limited stock and to hurry if you wanted that option. Stock up as it’s not coming back rah rah rah….

Last nights final showing still no limited stock on either of them.

Only things that had sold out was the triple tube Shea hand creams in Rose for £40 odd.

I know for a given fact that L’Occitane make scents and create extra sizes etc for QVC. I also have suspected for a long time that what is produced for them is slightly inferior in quality than the products they sell in their own shops/concessions and websites. One of my C&P from Liz Earls was definitely different in consistency to the one I bought from Boots. The Boots was thicker in consistency.

Yesterday morning on the 9am show they said that Vanilla was close to going limited stock and to hurry if you wanted that option. Stock up as it’s not coming back rah rah rah….

Last nights final showing still no limited stock on either of them.

Only things that had sold out was the triple tube Shea hand creams in Rose for £40 odd.

I know for a given fact that L’Occitane make scents and create extra sizes etc for QVC. I also have suspected for a long time that what is produced for them is slightly inferior in quality than the products they sell in their own shops/concessions and websites. One of my C&P from Liz Earls was definitely different in consistency to the one I bought from Boots. The Boots was thicker in consistency.
I’ve tried C&P from QVC a few times but found it thick and gloopy and it dragged and dried out my skin horribly. I got a free sample from Boots in my recent order so thought I’d give it a go. Much easier to use and didn’t dry my skin out quite as much. I’ll stick with Superdrug’s own brand as C&P is too expensive for me. Suspect as you’ve all commented that QVC gets good prices as it’s a way for brands to offload inferior or old stock.

I don’t really understand it to be fair. Liz Earle and Elemis roughly do about six or seven TSV’s across the year (give it take). They are roughly doing about 10-15 thousand of them on each TSV. So, I just cannot understand this ‘old stock’. I would have thought given the volume they are producing across the year these TSV’s it would be current stock!

That’s why I think the products they are manufacturing are not as potent or are perhaps different in composition to the ones that I am buying from Boots.

I fully take on board the comment by someone else who said that this area is heavily regulated so that they cannot dilute, but it seems odd that on the occasions I have got LE pieces from Boots the composition seems to be better.

Latest posts

Back