L'Occitane TSV 18/11/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Now, I do admit I wondered as would Chanel do a bright blue velvet suit? I will say the brooch will have cost more than the suit.
Not just me then.

Surely the suit is not Chanel and it is just a Chanel broach? Pretty sure have seen her wear the broach on other outfits. šŸ¤”
Those brooches are all over Ebay etc - China spews them out.

The difference is hard to spot from a respectable distance. She'd have been better off with one of the classic Chanel scarves; but one needs to be chic to carry them off.

Mutters to self: "Rapacious, Conspicuous consumption - Ugh" - (Whilst on a Shopping Forum....Dear me, Sister Bliss!)

Still should have lasted longer surely Sazza. Not that I'm bothered, as I didn't want it.

Do you think maybe they won't have a lot of stock of Liz Earle's superskin TSV? With it being on a Tuesday and I haven't seen it on pre-sale yet. That I do want, I will have to get it at 9 to make sure.
I saw Caroline A said on Instagram that it will go on sale Monday at 9pm no pre sale and will be on 4 easy pays.
I suspect no pre-sale as it is an extra, last minute TSV so they are unlikely to have the volume of stock they would normally have.

I am not buying this but it's not fair to have one flavour sell out the night before it launches. It is supposed to be today's TSV. What about folks sitting at home with no internet, a lot can't afford it and some just have no idea how to work a computer.

They are sitting waiting to see what it is and most of it is gone. I know Q just want them sold, probs as quickly as possible, but it still isn't fair. This pre sale is not right, but then again would they sell 150,000 of the Elemis one without pre sale, I guess maybe not.
And I was thinking the same thing myself.

I know there was plenty of warning on here, but I was still deliberating whether to get mum a set and which option, esp with the one I wanted for her containing a bath foam. And the other having a liquid soap I couldnā€™t get my head around costing Ā£15 if divided overall price by 4ā€¦!

Anyways, I thought to myself ā€œitā€™s not even the TSV til Saturday night/Sundayā€, and was really poorly all of Friday and Saturday, so decided to leave it til Sat night and like the the almondy one.

By the time I looked - definitely before 10pm Sat, the only one left was the lavender one with male products in it.

Annoyed with myself but do also think itā€™s crazy that they push it so hard for so many days beforehand, it does make the actual point of a TSV well, a bit pointless!

Saved myself Ā£60 which is a lot of money to me but it wouldā€™ve made a lovely gift and the body lotion is great.

Ah well, back to the drawing board!

I was in Aldi today and there was clearly a very obvious rip off of their Almond Body Cream and Shower Oil in. I nearly got some but instead settled on the Jo Malone Lime, Basil and Mandarin hand/body cream copy. It is AMAZING the smell lasts forever and it feels nice. I am saving so much money now. Didn't go for Elemis, L'oc or Liz Earle. It's just too expensive now.

Now, I do admit I wondered as would Chanel do a bright blue velvet suit? I will say the brooch will have cost more than the suit.

Not just me then.

Those brooches are all over Ebay etc - China spews them out.

The difference is hard to spot from a respectable distance. She'd have been better off with one of the classic Chanel scarves; but one needs to be chic to carry them off.

Mutters to self: "Rapacious, Conspicuous consumption - Ugh" - (Whilst on a Shopping Forum....Dear me, Sister Bliss!)
I'd lay a bet that the suit isn't Chanel and neither is the brooch. Neither are subtle or classy enough. Alexis isn't subtle or classy either!

Hubby managed to locate the Aldi Lā€™Occitanne dupesā€¦. I got two jars of the moisture cream. And itā€™s lovely! Rich and moisturising and has a lovely fragrance.

Lots in my local Aldi last week. Bought the shower oil. It's really very good. Skin feels soft and moisturised after using, and I have really dry skin. Winner!! Ā£4.99. I'm going back for more today, hopefully, along with their cleansing balm they have advertised, Ā£6.99 for 100g. Rose or original. What with the hand cream, shower oil and cleanser good old Aldi are on to a real winner lately. I may even start looking at their consealer! Oh, and their Christmas advert just makes me laughšŸ˜‚.

An interesting post on Moneysaving forum in the Health and Beauty section. Someone asked for a cheaper alternative to L'Occitane. ALDI mention in a number of posts then this one. The reason L'Occitane are expensive is they use a higher grade of oil in their body products. Grapeseed, which is expensive compared to the cheap grade oil used in the other brands. Interesting.

An interesting post on Moneysaving forum in the Health and Beauty section. Someone asked for a cheaper alternative to L'Occitane. ALDI mention in a number of posts then this one. The reason L'Occitane are expensive is they use a higher grade of oil in their body products. Grapeseed, which is expensive compared to the cheap grade oil used in the other brands. Interesting.
It is very interesting Donna I dont mind a cheap dupe tbh but there is usually a difference.

Lots in my local Aldi last week. Bought the shower oil. It's really very good. Skin feels soft and moisturised after using, and I have really dry skin. Winner!! Ā£4.99. I'm going back for more today, hopefully, along with their cleansing balm they have advertised, Ā£6.99 for 100g. Rose or original. What with the hand cream, shower oil and cleanser good old Aldi are on to a real winner lately. I may even start looking at their consealer! Oh, and their Christmas advert just makes me laughšŸ˜‚.
Concealer is very good, the one I got is a dupe for the Clinique one.

The body cream is superbā€¦ Hubble managed to get me two pots of the original cleansing balm todayā€¦he is totally a keeper!
I see they have a pillow mask tooā€¦ā€¦.

The body cream is superbā€¦ Hubble managed to get me two pots of the original cleansing balm todayā€¦he is totally a keeper!
I see they have a pillow mask tooā€¦ā€¦.
Gutted! Nothing left except a couple of body scrubs. No balm or concealed either. Not a good day. At least the hand creams are a permanent item .

Gutted! Nothing left except a couple of body scrubs. No balm or concealed either. Not a good day. At least the hand creams are a permanent item .
Iā€™ve not seen any hand creams for weeks in my local shop.

Iā€™ve not seen any hand creams for weeks in my local shop.
Koala, have you looked on the normal beauty/bath products shelves? In my Aldi they are with the excellent Molton Brown hand wash dupes. Have noticed the one with she's butter always seems to sell the quickest. I think I'll have to travel to a bigger Aldi for the dupes in future.

Latest posts

Back