L'Occitane TSV 17/09/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was watching this afternoon, and I've always thought Alexis a bit "up herself" but when she said she always takes her L'occitane soaps when she's away or staying in a hotel, I thought yes, ok but then she included staying at friend's houses WTF? I'd feel pretty insulted if my soap wasn't good enough for my guests. Ok my spare room doesn't have an en suite and if it did I would leave a brand new soap in there for them to use. On the hand basin in my bathroom I have a regular soap plus a bottle of liquid soap so surely that's good enough. Ok I don't go in for fancy brands but neither do I use carbolic/Tesco savers - snooty mare!
Can't stand the woman!! Full of bs. (Imo that is)

I agree wholeheartedly!!!
Silly moo.
There was a period of time where she calmed her BS down .
I presumed she'd been updated on the viewers' opinions.
Now, post 'selling in Russia whilst war going on' controversy she's even more fawning and 'humble brag'-gy.

She might want to crawl out of her own arse, venture further than Islington/Highgate/Moor Park or similar enclave, read a newspaper once in a while to see the state of the world, and clock these comments.

ps Soz - I'm foul this morning.

pps. Alexis; I'm sorry if you are actually reading this, but a reality check is needed.
You are sounding more and more like Mrs Bucket/Bouquet.
Rein it in a bit.....its soap.

Last edited:
Mr V loves bar soap and his favourite is Turkish soap, the type they use in the Turkish baths and which lathers really quickly and makes your skin feel really soft. It`s an ugly looking soap, a muddy brownish green colour and frequently in great big blocks. We haven`t visited Turkey for 3 years, have been elsewhere for holidays so his soap stock depleted. Anyway I`ve been buying soap from Chateau Du Savon website. You can choose any ten soaps you like and use code TEN at checkout and you get £10 off plus free delivery on orders over £30. Lovely soap and lots of different ones to choose from. All made in France plus if you`re giving them as a gift you can choose to have them individually boxed when checking out or they arrive wrapped in tissue paper in a white box. https://chateaudusavon.com/

Mr V loves bar soap and his favourite is Turkish soap, the type they use in the Turkish baths and which lathers really quickly and makes your skin feel really soft. It`s an ugly looking soap, a muddy brownish green colour and frequently in great big blocks. We haven`t visited Turkey for 3 years, have been elsewhere for holidays so his soap stock depleted. Anyway I`ve been buying soap from Chateau Du Savon website. You can choose any ten soaps you like and use code TEN at checkout and you get £10 off plus free delivery on orders over £30. Lovely soap and lots of different ones to choose from. All made in France plus if you`re giving them as a gift you can choose to have them individually boxed when checking out or they arrive wrapped in tissue paper in a white box. https://chateaudusavon.com/
I bought some soaps from Scottish Fine Soaps (?), the company you recommended a couple of years ago, V. Lovely they were! Thanks for another recommendation.

I bought some soaps from Scottish Fine Soaps (?), the company you recommended a couple of years ago, V. Lovely they were! Thanks for another recommendation.
Oh yes Andi their soap is lovely and so is their liquid soap. I tend to wait until they have their post Christmas sale then stock up. I love the Au Lait liquid soap and bar soap.

Oh yes Andi their soap is lovely and so is their liquid soap. I tend to wait until they have their post Christmas sale then stock up. I love the Au Lait liquid soap and bar soap.
The ones I got were the bars and the name had amber in it. I will have to take a look in their sales, thanks, and see what else I can try. I don’t get through a lot of soap bars but I’ve always got one on the go.

I like the sensation of moving a bar of soap around in my hands. It also releases the Oromo of the soap. I have a magnetic soap holder so the soap stays dry.

I can’t remember the last time that I used a bar of soap. It’s liquid soap all the way for me.

I just had a look on the site recommended by Vienna. Oh, dear…nobody tell Hyacinth (if you’ve been following Qurio thread, you’ll know)
Could make her “Intimate” wash redundant.
13F16E6F-970B-4805-B9F4-661E2878EA99.jpeg

I love bar soap specially from the continent one of my daughter's went to Belgium and bought back a stash for me. I do use my liquid soaps from L'occy and shower cream from Elemis but for a really clean fresh feel its a bar of soap.

OK, so have just received the L'Occitane mens grooming from the TSV. Flat gift box for self assembly, ok, but then, I've tried every which way to put all the items in the box in a tidy manner. No instructions or pictures, so it looks like just 'lumping' them in any old way on top of one another. Not good, and at the least I expected a box that was already packed, not a diy jobby.

These soaps are very similar to who I call the Soap Man who comes over to the Christmas Market here. He lives in France but originally from Belfast. I stock up on the Goat's and Asses Milk each year.

OK, so have just received the L'Occitane mens grooming from the TSV. Flat gift box for self assembly, ok, but then, I've tried every which way to put all the items in the box in a tidy manner. No instructions or pictures, so it looks like just 'lumping' them in any old way on top of one another. Not good, and at the least I expected a box that was already packed, not a diy jobby.
Alexis kept that one quiet didn't she Brisseles!!

Latest posts

Back