L'Occitane TSV 17/09/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Last year and previously the perfumes scents were of good quality. This year I have been deeply disappointed.
I love the loccitan and eau de baux scents for my husband, but I got him the karite one which is more expensive, and there is hardly any scent at all. He usually plasters himself in the stuff and I have to tell him to tone it down but you have to put about 6 sprays on to smell anything! So although the tsv price is better than from buying from L'Occitane, it's no good if you can't smell the scent.

They had a set of four 30ml balms in a tin a couple of years ago which sold out after a couple of airings. They brought it back the following year and, again, it sold out quickly. I bought it both times just before it went, and it was not in clearance.
90A80765-6216-4D2D-AE2C-446F4EFE0F19.png

OMG!! I genuinely thought we had a new number - Waking in the night to pee? !! Didn’t realise it was one of (many) adverts!! 🤣

I saw a bit of the launch show and Alexis was referring to fragrances being more masculine, more feminine, and some unisex. I've just checked the TV guide and alas, she's not scheduled to be on with AY. It would have been a fun watch to see them clash on this. 😺
What, the 'resident beauty expert' as she never tires of telling us?

I had the midnight show on in the background, and I’m sure I heard Jilly say something like ‘ if you’re going to a wedding, buy one each for the bride and groom’ Blimey, I wouldn’t spend that much on a few bottles of smellies, and that might offend the recipients!
Alison would have jumped in with ‘ or whatever beautiful blended genders are participating ‘ blah blah.........

Let's just ban everything that remotely suggests gender, then we're safe. So here's my banned list:
King Queen Duke Duchess Earl Countess etc
Man woman boy girl etc
Lion Lioness tiger tigress etc
Dustman postman etc
Wonderwoman and all gender-suggestive titles - all can be renamed
Bridesmaid pageboy etc
Pronouns like he, she etc

Or let's just stop speaking English and invent another language that doesn't use any of these. Everything is possible if you put enough effort into it so no excuses. :rolleyes:

If you were to buy these L'Occitane items individually from QVC you'd pay £138.50 plus P&P for the Bois Flotte & Cade option, and £121.50 plus P&P for the Noble Epine or Barbotine options.

Noble Epine or Barbotine selection

50ml EDP RRP £69 cost £39.70
250ml Shower Gel RRP £17.50 cost £10.07
250ml Body Lotion RRP £26 cost £14.96
30ml Hand Cream RRP £9 cost £5.17

Total RRP £121.50 cost £69.90 incl p&p used in calculations.

Or

Bois Flotte / Cade collection

75ml Bois Flotte EDP RRP £75 cost £37.85
250ml Bois Flotte Shower Gel RRP £17.50 cost £8.83
150ml Cade Shaving Gel RRP £17.50 cost £8.83
75ml Cade After Shave Balm RRP £28.50 cost £14.39

Total RRP £138.50 cost £69.90 incl p&p used in calculations.

Thanks SCW, made my job so much easier on this one.

I was gobsmacked at the price. £65.95 plus p&p is huge for a tsv of only 4 items. Can’t see this selling (like the Elemis one didn’t either)……we just can’t afford these elevated tsvs in this day and age. Please Supercoolwilllow don’t says it’s good value and you know loads of people who think that and have bought it…..thanks for heads up of the tsv tho’ 😊
i only state that when i do & its true lots have bought i know people buying all 3!!
If you were to buy these L'Occitane items individually from QVC you'd pay £138.50 plus P&P for the Bois Flotte & Cade option, and £121.50 plus P&P for the Noble Epine or Barbotine options.

Noble Epine or Barbotine selection

50ml EDP RRP £69 cost £39.70
250ml Shower Gel RRP £17.50 cost £10.07
250ml Body Lotion RRP £26 cost £14.96
30ml Hand Cream RRP £9 cost £5.17

Total RRP £121.50 cost £69.90 incl p&p used in calculations.

Or

Bois Flotte / Cade collection

75ml Bois Flotte EDP RRP £75 cost £37.85
250ml Bois Flotte Shower Gel RRP £17.50 cost £8.83
150ml Cade Shaving Gel RRP £17.50 cost £8.83
75ml Cade After Shave Balm RRP £28.50 cost £14.39

Total RRP £138.50 cost £69.90 incl p&p used in calculations.

Thanks SCW, made my job so much easier on this one.
it was a complicated one but if it made it easier for you to do what you do best then it was well worth it

I have Just ordered the set of small soaps, thought they would be better for my bathroom sink than the liquid ones, as I am down to the last one.Also always take L’O soaps away on holiday, some may be gifts.My late partner always questioned why I would spend so much on soaps.Then one day said ‘have you any of those soaps spare’? They last ages, love them!

I have Just ordered the set of small soaps, thought they would be better for my bathroom sink than the liquid ones, as I am down to the last one.Also always take L’O soaps away on holiday, some may be gifts.My late partner always questioned why I would spend so much on soaps.Then one day said ‘have you any of those soaps spare’? They last ages, love them!
The soaps are the only item of LO I buy too.

I was watching this afternoon, and I've always thought Alexis a bit "up herself" but when she said she always takes her L'occitane soaps when she's away or staying in a hotel, I thought yes, ok but then she included staying at friend's houses WTF? I'd feel pretty insulted if my soap wasn't good enough for my guests. Ok my spare room doesn't have an en suite and if it did I would leave a brand new soap in there for them to use. On the hand basin in my bathroom I have a regular soap plus a bottle of liquid soap so surely that's good enough. Ok I don't go in for fancy brands but neither do I use carbolic/Tesco savers - snooty mare!

I see both ’female’ versions are still available which doesn’t surprise me….too expensive and just shows potential buyers are being more considered than in years gone by….maybe L’Occitane and QVC should not be so greedy and they’d ultimately make more money with greater sales.

Latest posts

Back