Seen Thomas Kincade in the flesh

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

LorraineJ

Meow!!
While I was in Dublin last week I came THE Thomas Kinkade shop in the flesh so to speak. Apologies to those that are lovers of Thomas Kinkade, but having seen his canvases in the flesh IMHO our title of 'Painter of S**t" is justified, they are even worse in reality than how they appear on QVC. They are highly priced tat and don't get me started on the glittery figurines, they are truly hideous at not kiss me quick prices.

Thomas Kincade stuff isn't my cup of tea, but if people will pay daft prices for his stuff, then good luck to him. Art is, after all, a very subjective thing.

I was never that keen on his products but after reading about some of his very unsavoury antics a while back he is now second on my list of odious creatures. The first being the butchering barsteward below!:mad:

I thought from the title you had actually met him. Was going to ask if you were wearing your wellies? * :D

*I was refering to his habit of 'marking his territory'.

Last edited:
Mmm...what is art? I can't draw a straight line with a ruler. Went to the Tate Modern a few weeks ago with OH. Laughed til I nearly wet myself - mostly at the exhibits but also at the serious faces that were studying what was to me 99.9 per cent carp.
I will stick to the Dulux chart - pretty colours!

Maybe it would be better as "seen Thomas Kincade in the paint!"

Hate his pictures - each to their own!

He has a shop here in Glasgow although it is closed at the moment.

His "art" is not to my taste.

Lol - becuase of this thread, have you seen the Thomas Kinkade Ebay advert above?! :rolleyes: :eek: :D

Got a confession to make, OH and I were talking about his 'art', the man himself (well who I think was him looking a bit upset) was only standing behind us, needless to say the three of us (me,OH and DD) melted rapidly into the crowd. Talk about eavesdropping, or listeners never hearing good of themselves.

Never mind I am sure his ego will survive the bruising.

Oh and Snoopy it was fine and sunny then, the heavens opened later. :)

I was never that keen on his products but after reading about some of his very unsavoury antics a while back he is now second on my list of odious creatures. The first being the butchering barsteward below!:mad:

What unsavoury things are they? My sis lives in the US and said he basically churns the stuff out, using other artists to do the majority of the picture and then does a little something on the canvas himself so they can say it's a Kincaid painting. Dunno if it's true or not.

In the FLESH?!???!!

Sorry, I don't even want to see him fully dressed I have too much respect for my eyesight:confused:

"is it art? of course its art. I made it, and i'm an artist so its art" - Damien Hirst

"of course its art, its in an art gallery so its art" - Damien Hirst

What unsavoury things are they? My sis lives in the US and said he basically churns the stuff out, using other artists to do the majority of the picture and then does a little something on the canvas himself so they can say it's a Kincaid painting. Dunno if it's true or not.

Calico, he has a penchant for marking his territory, rather like a tom cat!:eek:

See here http://articles.latimes.com/2006/mar/05/business/fi-kinkade5

Sorry, but I like his stuff, I have a few of his paintings hanging on the walls. Having said that, I've always thought his stuff was mass produced. We have a shop in Edinburgh, and the prices are far too expensive for me.

Latest posts

Back