Seriously Mason ...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Comment by PJ re Mike Mason

As a member of the Bid Shopping Appreciation page on Facebook fellow members on there have been discussing the above post by the member "PJ". I have joined the forum today to express my disgust at the nasty, horrible and completely unnecessary comment made by this member. It is absolutely disgraceful that a comment like this has been made about Mike and his family. The user who made this comment should be absolutely ashamed of themselves. It is worth remembering that Mike & the other presenters are trying to make a living and only doing the job that they are paid to do. Can I make a suggestion to anyone who does not enjoy watching Mike or the products that Bid sells that the most simple thing to do is turn is the channel on their tv set over or buy items from the High Street. In my opinion Mike Mason is the best presenter on Bid TV and I was delighted to see him return to Bid after being away for many years. He is a fantastic presenter who in my opinion is excellent at his job and describes the products he sells fabulously well, & is also entertaining. I hope Mike Mason stays at Bid for a long time & hope that stupid comments from people like "PJ" don't make him regret returning. Again, in my opinion Mike & his family deserve an apology for the comment on this forum regarding his family which was a ridiculous comment to make. PJ I hope you are ashamed of yourself. Your comment is a disgrace.

As a member of the Bid Shopping Appreciation page on Facebook fellow members on there have been discussing the above post by the member "PJ". I have joined the forum today to express my disgust at the nasty, horrible and completely unnecessary comment made by this member. It is absolutely disgraceful that a comment like this has been made about Mike and his family. The user who made this comment should be absolutely ashamed of themselves. It is worth remembering that Mike & the other presenters are trying to make a living and only doing the job that they are paid to do. Can I make a suggestion to anyone who does not enjoy watching Mike or the products that Bid sells that the most simple thing to do is turn is the channel on their tv set over or buy items from the High Street. In my opinion Mike Mason is the best presenter on Bid TV and I was delighted to see him return to Bid after being away for many years. He is a fantastic presenter who in my opinion is excellent at his job and describes the products he sells fabulously well, & is also entertaining. I hope Mike Mason stays at Bid for a long time & hope that stupid comments from people like "PJ" don't make him regret returning. Again, in my opinion Mike & his family deserve an apology for the comment on this forum regarding his family which was a ridiculous comment to make. PJ I hope you are ashamed of yourself. Your comment is a disgrace.

PJ has an opinion as do you, I have an opinion as well Mike Mason is the second worst presenter at bid shopping, see we have different opinions. Mike should be totally ashamed of his selling techniques in my opinion.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

PJ has an opinion as do you, I have an opinion as well Mike Mason is the second worst presenter at bid shopping, see we have different opinions. Mike should be totally ashamed of his selling techniques in my opinion.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

But that doesn't give somebody the right to bring in his family, saying that his son will see how big a liar his dad is etc. I'n my opinion, it is damn rude! Yes, we have our opinions on presenters, and yes, they should expect criticism and take it with a pinch of salt, as should any presenter (let it be shopping telly, or any TV presenter), but to bring there family into it, isn't on.

Maybe you should be asking them why they charge so much for p&p and phone call why they make out a product is £1 when it is going to cost the purchaser £10, maybe you should ask them why they keep saying Tanzanite is so rare and they still selling it two years later, maybe you should ask them why 10 members of staff have left in last two months, maybe ask them why they have taken all the fun out of the channels and put pressure selling onto the agenda. We want the FUN BID-UP.TV back not the channel that they currently have pressure selling, presenters expected to sell before they entertain, maybe ask them why every product is sold less than what they paid but they are still on air and haven't gone bankrupt.

We want honesty I won't buy from them until I know I can trust what I hear I have wanted to buy a memory foam mattress and a sonic toothbrush but went elsewhere because I do not trust them at the moment.

Last edited:
It's not the presenters that charge the p&p but the channel bosses. It's a bit harsh to blame the presenters for a company decision. They just go on and do their jobs. :-(

Yes Graham I am well aware of the fact we all have different opinions on presenters we like/dislike. I personallly think Mike Mason is fabulous. I totally disagree with your above comment regarding his selling techniques. Myself and my family have bought more items from bid in the past 6 months than we ever did in the past 6 years and that's down to Mike's great salesmanship. Obviously you're not a fan, so let's agree to disagree ;)

Stephanie it is the current set up of the three channels we do not like, I for one was a huge fan of the channels pre 2006 but the current way they run, they way they sell and some of the things the presenters are allowed to say without being challenged is not on. I bought many things pre 2006 but have not purchased anything since as I said I have wanted things but just do not trust what I see. Continously stating everything is below what they paid! How can it be? you would go bankrupt.

I think you may have misread my comment Steve, I was commenting on the disgusting and rude comment made by PJ.....

But that doesn't give somebody the right to bring in his family, saying that his son will see how big a liar his dad is etc. I'n my opinion, it is damn rude! Yes, we have our opinions on presenters, and yes, they should expect criticism and take it with a pinch of salt, as should any presenter (let it be shopping telly, or any TV presenter), but to bring there family into it, isn't on.

Correct! Even though I think the sh1t-up channels are full of **** and lies, I agree that the family members of the ahem, presenters should never be brought into the equation! After all, the kids don't make their parents lie on TV!

Yes but you are a member of the appreciation society so as a member of that forum you should be questionning them on their techniques and statements they make to make the channels enjoyable. I understand you came onto question PJ's comments about Mike's family but I am asking you as a member of that forum do you think the things I have listed are what Bid Shopping should be doing?

Steveh31 I think the only people that can answer your questions are the big bosses at Bid.
The presenters do not have any say it what they sell, p&p etc...
Unfortunately they bear the brunt of peoples opinions.
Until the day a Sit Up boss gets on here you will not have your questions answered.

I am the first to apogisise if I think I have said anything I regret but I don't regret the remarks on this thread. Night after night Mike goes on about his lady/goddess and he often mentions his son. If he didn't I wouldn't have dreamt of mentioning them. I have not said anything bad about his lady/goddess or son I am just asking a question, I wonder what his son will make of his dad's lies, half truths and bad selling techniques when he is old enough to understand.

Look at how Mike Smith used to sell. Showmanship yes, lies on the scale of Mr Mason, no.

PJ

Steve to be honest I couldn't care less about Bid's policies, I just enjoy watching the presenters and buying from the channels. It would be in your interests to direct your comments regarding Bid to the relevant people in authority there.

PJ you are obviously a horrible disgusting individual who I hold with utter contempt. If you cannot see what was wrong with your comment then there is obviously something wrong with you. You should stop watching Mike on tv if you don't enjoy watching him. No one is holding you to ransom to watch him if you don't like what you see & hear.

Surely you should be interested if you are buying from somewhere you are seriously telling me you don't care what they say, how they sell it, how they make people buy something??? There is a thing called morals as a company you should care about your customers not say anything you can to get them to buy they have a duty to treat their customers with some respect.

You cannot come on here shouting the odds against someone then say "well i couldn't care less if they do this or that" you should care if people are being duped into buying something because a presenter or the company are not being honest.

Steve to be honest I couldn't care less about Bid's policies, I just enjoy watching the presenters and buying from the channels. It would be in your interests to direct your comments regarding Bid to the relevant people in authority there.

StephanieMcK, if you don't like what is being posted here in this forum, may I suggest you go back to your facebook page and not read what is here.

Don't like it? Go elsewhere. It's that simple. Even for Sit-up devotees....

PJ you are obviously a horrible disgusting individual

Well, Stephanie, you have just fallen into your own trap by being personal yourself. Don't be a hypocrite. :yawn:

Last edited:
PJ you are obviously a horrible disgusting individual who I hold with utter contempt. If you cannot see what was wrong with your comment then there is obviously something wrong with you. You should stop watching Mike on tv if you don't enjoy watching him. No one is holding you to ransom to watch him if you don't like what you see & hear.

Any valid argument you may have had has just been completely irradiated with that comment! People in glass houses...

Okay, if I said something personal about his family (whom I have nothing against or said anything against) I could understand your anger against me but all I am trying to say is he is accountable for all he says as he is on TV and considering what he says I just wonder what his family think of that. I do regret questioning his family were real, that was flippant of me I was trying to be funny but rereading that it didn't come across like that so for that comment I am sorry.

Stephanie I notice your post count is very low so maybe when you read my other posts you will see that I am fairer than you think.

PJ

PJ don't bother arguing with someone who has stated "they couldn't care less what they do" she is so blind to bid shopping that they could sell bomb making equipment to a terrorist and she would defend them. They could sell snow to the eskimos and she would defend them. Whatever they do Stephanie will just watch and love it so it's a waste of time arguing with her.

Like I said before I couldn't give a stuff about bid's policies....I came on here to comment on the rude comments made by PJ who is obviously one of life's sad nasty characters. As regards the rest of your comments you lot are no better than him. Get off your high horses and get back down where you all belong!

Latest posts

Back