Seriously Mason ...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

First of all a big thumbs up to Mike last night. He retracted (almost like the cable ;-)) his previous comment about the Hoover having a retractable cord as amazing. He said something like he now <s>read this thread</s> realised vacuum cleaners have had them for ages.

The bad (which is very bad) he went on two bizarre very personal rants. One about an ex tenant who forgot to tell them they changed the alarm code 'thanks for the great checkout guys provided by a ridiculous letting agent. We don't use them anymore, wallies'. It was later he talked about when his wives car got scratched and it had nothing to do with his lady/goddess and he called the other lady a "mutant" come on Mike defenders. Defend that.

He also suggested (but recounted later) if you wife scratches your car, scratch her nails. Nice.
Never been a huge fan of Mike Mason and you've just reminded me exactly why :smile:

The letting agents rant is forgivable; my one and only experience with letting agents was OK but it wasn't perfect by any means, so any letting agent being less than thorough can easily become a massive annoyance.

Anyway, on to the much more important point. It very rarely happens normally, but years ago (when I was watching the channels more often) I once or twice noticed this exceptionally unpleasant aspect to his character that seems to slip out when he drops his guard, and he doesn't seem to have improved judging from this evidence. If you're reading this Mike, please think before you end up seriously offending everyone.

I totally agree there Greg. That can be very bad, and they shouldn't be able to do that, and a lot of things they do I feel are wrong, however, one thing I don't agree with, is that family members of presenters, should not be brought in to anything, in any shape or form.

If I had said I think a member if his family are ..... I would be the first to agree with you because I wouldn't say that. As i said before he mentions his family most nights so he puts them in the public arena. All I meant was, it was like saying to someone who swears and is nasty what would your mum think of that, I am saying what does his family think of his lies. Come on Benny in what way is that being rude about them?

PJ

If I had said I think a member if his family are ..... I would be the first to agree with you because I wouldn't say that. As i said before he mentions his family most nights so he puts them in the public arena. All I meant was, it was like saying to someone who swears and is nasty what would your mum think of that, I am saying what does his family think of his lies. Come on Benny in what way is that being rude about them?

PJ

Pj, I do actually agree with the points you made, I'm not keen on the guy's presenting style, and I particularly disliked hearing him refer to a member of the public as a "mutant" on air, only 'cause it sounded like the tail end of an argument amongst blokes down the pub and not a so called professional presentation. However, I do think the comment regarding his kiddie was pretty mean and uncalled for, and no it doesn't equate to what would yer mum think (that's witty imo) but I dunno, an image of a little boy who's probably dead proud cause his dad's on telly, doesn't seem right to knock him down...even if it's not literally......it's not his fault what his parents do..and there's a lot worse than telling lies and bullsh*tting on a shopping channel! I will end on the note that, like you, I can't bear his style, I find it rather aggressive..well like a barrow boy really, not good!

Last edited:
Pj, I do actually agree with the points you made, I'm not keen on the guy's presenting style, and I particularly disliked hearing him refer to a member of the public as a "mutant" on air, only 'cause it sounded like the tail end of an argument amongst blokes down the pub and not a so called professional presentation. However, I do think the comment regarding his kiddie was pretty mean and uncalled for, and no it doesn't equate to what would yer mum think (that's witty imo) but I dunno, and image of a little boy who's probably dead proud cause his dad's on telly, doesn't seem right to knock him down...even if it's not literally......it's not his fault what his parents do..and there's a lot worse than telling lies and bullsh*tting on a shopping channels! I will end on the note that, like you, I can't bear his style, I find it rather aggressive..well like a barrow boy really, not good!

Thank you for your thoughts, the intention was to be like the comment and I made about what your Mum think and if it didn't sound like that then I apogisise. I guess that's the problem with typing stuff, you can't see the emmotion behind it :) I also meant when he was a lot older, not when he is now, but again I should have said that.

Last edited:
I believe Stephanie is a member of the Bid Appreciation Society (we)Take All (the) Rubbish Deals Seriously.:wink2:

Last edited:
Mark Ryes just said "I will let you into a secret this (the buddahs) was my choice to bring ito you tonight" So they do get to choose some items whoever said they don't.

Can I just confirm again that what I was trying to say was I am so fed up of Mike's lies and because he goes on and on about his family I wonder what they think of his lies. I was wrong to word it how I did and to Mike's family I apologise. If I had my time again I would have said what would your family think. I can't go back so that is why I am sorry.

PJ

PJ? Why are you apologising? People in the public eye should expect comments and criticism especially if they keep mentioning their partners and family!

What is said on here is pretty tame compared to other forums such as Digital Spy.

Right shall we draw a close to this: PJ has apologised if he offended anyone, Stephanie is a fruitcake who is besotted with Bid Shopping,we all have a right to say if Bid is bad or good and there are worse people in the world who troll ill and dead people's relatives.

Let's move on.

Thanks Greg and Steve, I guess I just wanted to make sure Mike knew my beef is with him :p. I emailed Andy H with a long list of complaints but he replied (kindly) saying he hadn't been in management for two years and passed my email onto the boss so I shall report back with news.

PJ

Right shall we draw a close to this: PJ has apologised if he offended anyone, Stephanie is a fruitcake who is besotted with Bid Shopping,we all have a right to say if Bid is bad or good and there are worse people in the world who troll ill and dead people's relatives.

Let's move on.

Quite right...and it was getting frikkin' boring too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quite right and about time an apology was made to Mikes family. The insults directed to Stephanie on this forum dont make any sense. Ive read through all the comments and she hasn't made any quotes supporting bid tv or their policies she's simply stated she enjoys watching it and buying items. I dont see a quote saying she is a compulsive buyer pr anything that would make me think she is besotted with the channels??!! From what Ive read all she has said on this forum is that she didnt approve of the adverse comments made about Mike Masons family. Steveh31 seems to be obsessed with insulting her for no reason. Its not big or nice to bully people on a public forum or insult her pathetic comments. It seems to me there are bullies on this forum who hide behind the security of their PC. Insulting women and children is wrong guys. Now let the matter end and get a life.

Yes Graham I am well aware of the fact we all have different opinions on presenters we like/dislike. I personallly think Mike Mason is fabulous. I totally disagree with your above comment regarding his selling techniques. Myself and my family have bought more items from bid in the past 6 months than we ever did in the past 6 years and that's down to Mike's great salesmanship. Obviously you're not a fan, so let's agree to disagree ;)

I have had a vision...

Is your house protected by the Kingavon wireless alarm system, Aquamag-Plus Electronic Water Conditioner, Stephen Gayford art print of a tiger in heat, Slime tyre stuff and not so rare Tanzanite? :smirk:

I think PJ's comments about Mike are quite fair to be honest. Let's take another example. If you were a child and your father was in court and knowingly lied in a case, would you be proud of him? I know I wouldn't.

Personally I feel Sit-up sales techniques are verging on the desperate. It never used to be like this in the old days, someone somewhere along the line has come along and changed the goal posts to out and out selling at whatever the cost (ASA etc). Kamikaze selling at its best!

What sad lives some of you on this forum have, insulting women and children. Some of you sound like bullies! for god's sake get a life and stop abusing people on here, especially women and children!!!!!

I have had a vision...

Is your house protected by the Kingavon wireless alarm system, Aquamag-Plus Electronic Water Conditioner, Stephen Gayford art print of a tiger in heat, Slime tyre stuff and not so rare Tanzanite? :smirk:

Misread the above (possibly) as "Stephen Gayford art print of a tiger on heat" - that might even be worth buying :wink:

As for the Slime tyre stuff, you can buy that sort of thing elsewhere cheaper, though my one and only experience with (different) slime stuff was green gunk shooting out of a bicycle tyre when it got a puncture... (That slime stuff doesn't seal ALL types of puncture but I bet they fail to mention that fact!)

The big problem with the Bid channels from my perspective is that nearly everything I've seen is extremely overpriced when you factor in the p&p - even ignoring the cost of the phone call (which can usually but not always be circumvented via the web) - and the quality of the non-branded stuff often appears to be truly dire even judging from what little I can see on a television screen. Plus the fact that the "lowest possible price" isn't always the case even from their perspective; regular buyers of goods from these channels really need to do a reality check as to the 'value' of their purchases, especially as you can buy most of the same products considerably cheaper from discount stores even allowing for those overheads that the TV shopping channels wrongly claim to make their goods appear to be the best value.

My comment was worded wrong. The only comments on here that are not pathetic and make sense is Stephanie's. The rest of you lot are jerks.

What sad lives some of you on this forum have, insulting women and children. Some of you sound like bullies! for god's sake get a life and stop abusing people on here, especially women and children!!!!!

My comment was worded wrong. The only comments on here that are not pathetic and make sense is Stephanie's. The rest of you lot are jerks.

Forum members are entitled to their opinions be them positive or negative.

You have not made the best of starts by joining the forum and personally attacking forum members with your comments I have quoted.

I'm not interested in your opinion Sazza. Just stating the fact that there seems to be bullying in the forum.

Latest posts

Back