Sewing craft show

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ERICS MUM

Registered Shopper
Only 7 minutes into the show and I've already spotted a rip-off. The Bothy Threads Lily and Rose cross stitch kits at £23.50 plus £3.45 p&p = £26.95. I've found it on one of my favourite cross stitch on-line suppliers for £19.99, free p&p. It's a small family company and there's no way they'll sell more than a couple a day of this particular item and no doubt they won't get such good wholesale rates as do QVC.

If I find an item cheaper on QVC than on-line I'll add it, in the interests of a balanced post :angel::angel:

Linda xx

it would be a good idea if she could actually sew but i enjoyed seeing something new on qvc

it would be a good idea if she could actually sew but i enjoyed seeing something new on qvc

If you (one) didn't know how to do cross stitch at the start of the programme, you certainly wouldn't know by the end. I often think that the craft hours would flow more easily if presented just by the expert guest.

Anyway I'm glad I didn't like the kits on offer - I've got an enormous stash waiting to be stitched :clock:

Linda xx

I'm only interested in dressmaking and I already have scissors and thread so I wandered off after the first 25mins. I've never been attracted to needlework. But credit to QVC for trying something new (ish) - they used to do lots of Jane Greenhoff (sp?) and Bucilla kits when craft shows were more diverse.

Anyone remember the Webster punch craft items...a punch tool gizmo to "embroider" on fabric items such as towels with an image of Elvis? The Plaid sets were diverse too; plaster craft, stuff to transfer photocopy pictures onto fabric as well as the glass painting kits.

Jude xx

i loved carol smith kits i still have some left after nearly 18 years lol she was a lovely lady...

Jane Greenoff has her own shows on C&C now, I still get Bucilla kits from Ebay, love them!

Agree Eric's Mum, the Gorjuss Girls kits are £15.99 on http://www.sewandso.co.uk/ not over £17, I've found all the Cross Stitch kits cheaper elsewhere.

What actually did shock me was Carmel stamping live and perfectly!!!

I wish they would do some felting shows on either QVC or C&C, Kirsty Allsopp has got me interested.

Incidentally I do find Tilda weird, but I did want that floor lamp, am on wait list!

Quote from Akimbo..Anyone remember the Webster punch craft items...a punch tool gizmo to "embroider" on fabric items?

Remember them, I've had one for years and still use it.

Looks like more craft outlet shows this week. Looking forward to Julian on Friday with his craft-ology. :up::up::up::clapping::clapping::clapping:

I found a fabulous site for sewing of all kinds - I was looking for some printed canvases as I already had loads of threads and found "SewandSew's" who sell printed canvases from £1.98 each as well as kits and all sorts of other sewing things at very reasonable prices.

Latest posts

Back