Shut up, Jackie

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

mina

Registered Shopper
So said the Malissa J brand ambassador (or is she Malissa J herself? who is this woman?) live on air in the lunchtime viewing 12-1 (round about 12.40pm). In fact, I felt sorry for Jackie Kabler because she could hardly get a word in edgeways and was interrupted and talked over throughout. Even though the brand ambassador gave a good description of every item, it's not nice, this having to have your say over everyone else, whether you're the brand ambassador, the millionaire owner of a multinational brand or a QVC presenter, and it makes me uncomfortable. This is my point, rather than making anyone in particular "shut up" when there's absolutely no need to demean someone like that. Jackie didn't deserve it. Not nice.

As I understand the set up, the QVC presenter stands between viewers and brand ambassador. The presenter ensures we get sufficient & accurate details about each item so we can decide whether to buy it.

The BA might know the item inside out (sorry !) but if they rattle out the information at random it’s difficult for the presenter to keep track of what has and has not been said.

A lot of presenters, BA’s and directors seem to not grasp this process.

Didn't see it but how ****** rude! I mean I scream at the telly when Simon Biagi is on telling him to put a sock in it and also Jill Franks who tends to talk over folk, but a BA saying it to a presenter on air isn't on. I like Jackie and can't think she deserved that.

CC

Didn't see it but how ****** rude! I mean I scream at the telly when Simon Biagi is on telling him to put a sock in it and also Jill Franks who tends to talk over folk, but a BA saying it to a presenter on air isn't on. I like Jackie and can't think she deserved that.

CC
Did this woman actually say, "Shut up Jackie"? Even if she wanted to tell the presenter to shut her gob, it's was not diplomatic to do so! At least she didn't say, "Shut the f**k up" which I often say to QVC presenters in the privacy of my of my home!!

"Shut up Jackie" were her actual words. I suppose it could have been more common, as you say - "Shut the **** up", but "Shut up Jackie" was pretty bad. Jackie did recover well from it and carried on as a professional should, but it shocked me.

How rude! I have never taken to Malissa before because she seems arrogant to me and I’ve gone right off her after that.

It’s a good job that I’d never buy any of her clothes because I can change channels when she’s on again without FOMO.

Thanks for that. It's actually at 2:14. I don't know on listening back, if it was meant as a joke or not, but either way it's rude, unprofessional and totally out of order in the workplace. Not that I'd have bought any of those hideous offerings anyway, but I won't even watch live or on recording now.
I think it was said in jest, I don't think she was trying to be rude.

I think it was said in jest, I don't think she was trying to be rude.
I know what you mean a girl I worked with used to say "shut up" meaning give over or I don't believe it depending what she was responding to. It all depends on how it is said.

I know what you mean a girl I worked with used to say "shut up" meaning give over or I don't believe it depending what she was responding to. It all depends on how it is said.
Exactly it can be used in different ways, in this conversation it was Jackie being smaller chested reacting to comment Malissa made about herself and the model who are much larger chested.

Why it came across as potentially rude to me was that the whole time before that, she had hardly let Jackie get a word in, talking over etc etc. Besides which "shut up" in jest or not, part of your lingo or not, no matter who instigates the topic, is unprofessional.

Julia, Jill F, Ophelia etc all comment on their boob size, which could help customers I suppose.

Last edited:
Why it came across as potentially rude to me was that the whole time before that, she had hardly let Jackie get a word in, talking over etc etc. Besides which "shut up" in jest or not, part of your lingo or not, no matter who instigates the topic, is unprofessional.

Julia, Jill F, Ophelia etc all comment on their boob size, which could help customers I suppose.
It would be more helpful to customers if they gave the actual measurements of their bodies. E. g. My bust measurement is 43", so I'm wearing a size Large. Sometimes, on the bottom of the screen, the models' height, the size they are wearing and their high street size are shown. They are invariably 5'10", Small, Small. This really doesn't help imo.

It would be more helpful to customers if they gave the actual measurements of their bodies. E. g. My bust measurement is 43", so I'm wearing a size Large. Sometimes, on the bottom of the screen, the models' height, the size they are wearing and their high street size are shown. They are invariably 5'10", Small, Small. This really doesn't help imo.
I agree - I think the shortest model they use is 5'ft 8 and as a woman standing at 5' 4 I consider those who are 5' 6" and over as tall. I'm glad they have got a few plus sized models but again they're all statuesque. If they really wanted to break the mould, and they really should, they need to have models of all different heights. They've got two prolific fashion brands that produce clothes for petites (Danni & Ruth) yet they still use tall models which is pretty damn ridiculous if you ask me!

I agree - I think the shortest model they use is 5'ft 8 and as a woman standing at 5' 4 I consider those who are 5' 6" and over as tall. I'm glad they have got a few plus sized models but again they're all statuesque. If they really wanted to break the mould, and they really should, they need to have models of all different heights. They've got two prolific fashion brands that produce clothes for petites (Danni & Ruth) yet they still use tall models which is pretty damn ridiculous if you ask me!
Clare, the plus size model who models (or at least did, no idea if she still does) for Dannii Minogue is only about 5' 3" ?

Latest posts

Back