Simon Biagi

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tilley

Registered Shopper
What on earth was he thinking of putting on the towel turban thing. He just looked so ridiculous. He really needs to get a stylist. With his open necked shirts, obviously thinking women viewers will swoon over his too hairy chest, his jackets that look like they have been costumes in the Sound of Music, his constant repeating we have a 30 day money back guarantee, if we don't know now we never will, I can't bear him now more than a few seconds then have to turn off.

I agree, when I used to shop with QVC and watched it, he just used to irritate me beyond words "we've sold fifteen THOWsand!" "Well of course we have all sorts of different things here at QVC" "£50 of QV credit" and don't forget the "annnnnd!" between each item to make it look like you're getting more for your money. Agree about those open necked shirts too, yuk!

He's another one who can't be himself in front of the QVC cameras or should I say QV Cameras (v. v. irritating, that) which is really surprising considering his background in holiday tv. Obviously selling doesn't come naturally to him because he just can't relax. Keep your shirt buttoned up for a start, Simon - that'll help a bit. But having said that, he's not the worst imo and is considerate with guests when they are either on the phone or in the studio.

I found him an OK tv presenter.
But he seems to have deteriorated while on the Q

I think the presenters just stay in the job too long.

Imagine if they had set 5 year contracts. No option to extend.
Year 1 is settling in (and being pretty clunky)
Year 2 is OK
Year 3 is fine
Year 4 they are doing ok but we and they are getting bored
Year 5 pastures new! Yippee!

And we get a nice fresh turnover of victims.

Oops. Did i say that out loud? ;)

Any chance of a haircare range developed specifically for Biagi's chest hair, do we think? Heaven knows it's on show often enough, it warrants its own products. Good marketing opportunity?? There used to be a 1970's comic who did a sort of Medallion Man routine - this is what I always think of when I see SB on Q!

Last edited:
I remember in the early days of Charlie B's presenting; he would constantly refer to those 'upstairs' and how he would be unlikely to get his contract renewed, just for making a silly remark. Bum and tongue springs to mind, and I've never warmed to him since. He makes a big deal out of his teetotalism and lack of interest in football, and makes me feel he is on a higher moral ground than the rest of us.

Caught an old (circa 1989) STV 'Wheel of Fortune' the other night and Simon Biagi was the male model demonstrating the prizes!

I remember in the early days of Charlie B's presenting; he would constantly refer to those 'upstairs' and how he would be unlikely to get his contract renewed, just for making a silly remark. Bum and tongue springs to mind, and I've never warmed to him since. He makes a big deal out of his teetotalism and lack of interest in football, and makes me feel he is on a higher moral ground than the rest of us.

Yes, exactly!! I remember this and he's always had an air of 'I'm better than you, and better than shopping telly' about him. I also dislike his constant crapping on about tennis, and how he has to have special racquets made for his grip as if he's Djokovic. He wishes...

Caught an old (circa 1989) STV 'Wheel of Fortune' the other night and Simon Biagi was the male model demonstrating the prizes!

Lol! That's hilarious! He does come across as insincere yet I don't find him particularly irritating. He looks OK for an older man. I'm sure he looks after himself.

I don't have to trip over the coffee table to mute him like most of the female presenters.

His shirts are very Italian which I think is where his family originates from so perhaps he does a big shop when visiting!

Perhaps I don't mind him so much because I never see him. When I think about it, all the presenters I can watch for small periods are all ones who are rarely on in the evening.

Dear old Simon is laughable and his dress sense is worse than that lol. Because I often see him at the weekends on RJ's show I can see how he must have got up in the middle of the night to drive to QVC. Not wanting to put the lights on which might wake up the family, Simon gets dressed in the dark and everyone at Q is too polite to tell him. I've seen him with a pink polo shirt, navy pin striped suit trousers and BROWN SHOES amongst a whole host of other mis-matched outfits. One time on a clothes show he had on some kind of teddy boy type jacket which was just bizarre. He's very false but there's worse. Can't stand Charlie "how much can I stuff in my mouth at one go" Brook, especially when he wears that pale blue suit. The crotch was all wrong the last time he wore it - not that I was looking :mysmilie_17:

CC

CC

Simon does facial contortions like Marv does, only he screws his eyes whereas Marv pops her eyes.
I know some women like hairy chests, some pictures of hairy chests don't bother me but Simon's hairy chest makes me nauseous :puke:

Latest posts

Back