Skincare in general!❤️

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ohnonotshoppingagain

Registered Shopper
I absolutely love skincare face and body! I have cleansed, toned and oiled, moisturised since I was 14 years old, starting with Lancome, then Clarins adding and subtracting throughout the years. I come from a Mediterannean background, and saw at a young age how relatives who lived in the sun had very wrinkled and aged skin. I remember when I was 17 and visiting relatives, I met a cousin who at the time was 20. I thought she was in her 40s. I can clearly recall my mother telling me that if I wanted to look like that when I was her age, to carry om sunbathing. You can imagine my mother trying to save my skin, as she never sunbathed but stayed in the shade.

I am now 71, and swear my skin looks better than women half my age who don’t take care of their skin.

i love Clarins, some Lancome, some Decleor, very fond of Alpha-H, Darphin and Matis, to name a few.

Recently, I happened to leave a comment on Alison Young’s twitter, telling her what I used and added that I still love Clarins. Did she reply or acknowledge, did she hell. She said she was Clarins trained, I thought the least she could have done was acknowledge me, guess that wasn’t forthcoming as Q don’t sell Clarins. Call me a cynic🌹🌹

I had an Avant moisturiser in a beauty box and I love it but I unfortunately can't afford to continue to buy it. I'm looking for something that will suit me now that Decleor have changed all their products.

CC

I too am looking for a replacement for Decleor. Why they messed around with it so much is beyond me.Now it’s like any other brand nothing special.
I looked after my skin from early teenage years . Anne French cleansing milk,non perfumed and Oil of Ulay which I loved.As the skincare market increased those brands were cancelled or changed beyond recognition.
I tried Clarins and quite liked it so may give it another go.

OMG! I remember using Anne French cleanser when I was perhaps 11 or 12(hey I started early), and Pond's moisturiser which my aunt used.

I really rate Emma Hardie moisturisers they are £44 for the Midas and £49 for the Vitamin C one, I use the latter one it is quite rich so a little goes a long way. Or Liz Earle Superskin is fine with me even the neroli one. Elemis PCMC I am fine with but I refuse to pay RRP for it.

Since I developed rosacea which is mild I cannot use so many of the brands I used to, could be down to the perfume in it or ingredients. For some reason, I cannot use anything with Q10 in it, or any of the acids apart from hyaluronic. Oh and any brand with rose as an ingredient breaks me out, I can wear rose perfumes though. I can use some Clarins and love their foundation the one in the dropper bottle. Sorry brain went, up too early.

I ordered the EH Midas moisturiser and really like it, I use the Sunday Riley Vitamin C glow first, I’d like to try the EH spray but it’s a tad expensive at £42 but a lot of people rate it, so I’ll wait for a special offer.

I dont need any more skincare for years I hate stockpiles as I see it as a waste of money paying for items I won't be using for several months even years later. most of the brands are overhyped and far too expensive for what they are. Elemis being the winner in that category. But I will always buy their cleansing balm it really makes a difference to your skin

Alison Young doesn’t do social media, she has people running it for her.

Does the skin care have to be from QVC? There’s lots of great brands out there, I use this one.

I first tried it on IW and it’s absolutely gorgeous skincare. Elizabeth Grant on IW is good too, don’t let the cheap price on IW fool you, it is lovely skincare, you can also try it for 60 days and free returns too.

Oh, and EH you can return empties to her and get a free full-size product in return. I believe it is 5 empties? I need to return empties but waiting until after covid19 has settled down.

Oh, it seems Gatineau is stopping the passport scheme this year so no more freebies for collection the stamps.
Thanks for this, just checked on EH site:

HOW DOES THE EMMA HARDIE RECYCLING PROGRAM WORK?
Send us five full size empty Emma Hardie products and we will send you a free 100ml Exfoliating Brightening Tonic. To be eligible you must email [email protected] with your requested free product and post your items to:

Emma Hardie,

28 High Street,

Rickmansworth,

WD3 1ER

I also had the Gatineau email & we have until 31 Dec 20 to send completed passports.

One brand that never gets much of a mention is Nuxe. I have never tried their day or night creams but I have used one of their face masks which I liked (the one in a tube not the newer ones in pots) and their lip balm is fabulous imho (tastes of grapefruit!).

I have used their rose oil on my body but found it quite messy to spray but I liked the smell . I haven’t used it on my face as I have very sensitive skin and wouldn’t even go there. there was a small bottle in a Marks free goody bag I received and then I purchased the big bottle with a voucher I had.

I have been using Jane Scrivner for a couple of months, some from QVC which have been a good price and some from her own website where they send some samples with the order.I at 73 can not expect miracles! But I do not have many wrinkles but some serious pigmentation issues.My skin is much more evenly toned feels calm ( although I have no sensitivity).You need very little of these products so they do last.

One brand that never gets much of a mention is Nuxe. I have never tried their day or night creams but I have used one of their face masks which I liked (the one in a tube not the newer ones in pots) and their lip balm is fabulous imho (tastes of grapefruit!).
I’ve used a lot of Nuxe products & given lots as gifts to my lovely hairdresser, the perfume and skincare are all lovely & the SPF 30 for the face is very moisturising.

In the M&S Christmas advent calendar and a mini set earlier in the year I got from M&S is a brand I think I may have seen sometime ago on Q ‘Filorga’
I’m liking what I’ve tried would be interested in anyone else’s experience as the full sized items don’t seem too cheap in price.

I dont need any more skincare for years I hate stockpiles as I see it as a waste of money paying for items I won't be using for several months even years later. most of the brands are overhyped and far too expensive for what they are. Elemis being the winner in that category. But I will always buy their cleansing balm it really makes a difference to your skin

It could have been me writing that. Even after reading about others on here with a stash in their cupboards, I am embarrassed at how much I’ve accumulated. I suspect that what all of you call your stockpile is what I would call a moderate reserve. And you would call my stockpile an acute problem! I made a list a while back of all my things so I can use the oldest first and also remind myself I don’t need that bargain cleanser when I am currently using one from 2015 (well, maybe not quite that old but it was getting that way). I have also cut right back on purchases but still can’t resist buying some of the bargains (which QVC have fewer of these days) and things like beauty boxes, advent calendars and freebie sets. They are what keep the stockpile replenished, I’m afraid. Oh well, at least I’m not harming anyone else.

I like the Elizabeth Grant range (thanks for the recommendation, Ms Holic!) and Aldi but I do like the dearer “high street” makes, too. The only two women I’ve ever asked what skincare they use, because of their stunning skin, both said Clarins. So I have been known to splash out on some of their products when they have those “choose 3 free small items“ offers.

Oh, it’s good to visit the Shopping Telly Confessional now and then and let it all out!

It could have been me writing that. Even after reading about others on here with a stash in their cupboards, I am embarrassed at how much I’ve accumulated. I suspect that what all of you call your stockpile is what I would call a moderate reserve. And you would call my stockpile an acute problem! I made a list a while back of all my things so I can use the oldest first and also remind myself I don’t need that bargain cleanser when I am currently using one from 2015 (well, maybe not quite that old but it was getting that way). I have also cut right back on purchases but still can’t resist buying some of the bargains (which QVC have fewer of these days) and things like beauty boxes, advent calendars and freebie sets. They are what keep the stockpile replenished, I’m afraid. Oh well, at least I’m not harming anyone else.
Oh my goodness, just read this and thought, this is me! Just ordered some Gatineau I don’t really need, but it was a good deal & I need three more stamps for a full passport before they stop them.

We all have our weaknesses- mine is jewellery and unlike cosmetics they don’t usually wear out so no excuse for buying more but it doesn’t stop me.

For others it’s smelly candles, shoes, bags or goodies. If you can easily afford it, like it and more importantly use it then that up to you.

Its the devil and the deep blue sea but I just dont want to spend huge sums of money because £70.00 on an Elemis TSV is a lot of money..I gave away the bath stuff cos it made me itch. use the neroli balm which is good love the balms. but I dont really like Elemis moisturisers so the TSV was a total waste of money so nor more buying any skincare

Latest posts

Back