Skincare Lies!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was going to come here this morning to make a post. I read the OP and it could have been mine! I started to watch the show last night but it annoyed me so much that I turned off. However, I couldn't find anything else that was interesting so eventually I came back to it. One thing that really did irritate me was when they had the T-caller who was some actress from one of the soaps. She went on and on and on talking to JF while Sarah just sat there doing nothing. I don't think JF knew much about the products and so she just waffled on to cover herself and Sarah never got to properly demonstrate. Apart from having a facial, which was probably a freebie, I actually doubt that any of these products have ever been anywhere near her face.

And don't get me started with Jo Fairlie. I'm just glad that I'm not the only one that found this all very irritating. I actually like Sarah, and have met her, she's a lovely person and very genuine. It's a shame her products are beginning to get too pricey for me.

JF is on now wearing one of her hideous one shoulder tops. I have just switched off.

i so agree. i made a similar comment at the same time but stuck it in the bitching thread. lol! she never seems to wear anything else these days.

Now come on, JF is paid to sell it all. No way will she sit there and say,"Well actually I don't use this brand. I use XYZ." The other presenters are just as guilty.

Now the one we should be interested in is Jo Fairley(ex owner of Green and Black chocolate sold it for millions) and her statements and the various versions of the Beauty Bible. Bestie mate of Liz Earle going back years. Of course every updated copy of the Beauty Bibles that come out Liz Earle always wins(strange as in the very early days it was Clarins which seemed to win. Seems people spotted the products easily as the company sent them out to test in Clarins pots), knew the brand and loved it. Then Liz's company got bigger and suddenly she was the winner of at least one cat each version, even when the book was products below £10 and her's was above that!!!!!!! Suddenly best mate Liz was cleaning up. Each edition Jo was giving her raves and what she uses and it changed and changed and changed. But on QVC as has been pointed out she is now on selling the book and comes on shows for different brands and suddenly uses that one, oh wait no it the other one, oh no its this one(whichever show she happens to be on).

I have said before the I tried this and love it I look younger better whatever is no real scienific(sp) test of a product, its just personal choice of the person testing it that day.

of course she doesn't have to say that but she doesn't have to imply she only uses whatever is on air and it's THAT that's worked the miracle for her either.

of course she doesn't have to say that but she doesn't have to imply she only uses whatever is on air and it's THAT that's worked the miracle for her either.

yes but she is paid to sell the brand, all the brands QVC sells, without favouring any brand over another, so if she says she is using one, she has to say it about another as otherwise the brands might be able to say something about unfair selling practices/advertising

I noticed the quote from the woman from the Beauty Bible about the moisturiser.

Now, I don't often do this but I'm gonna come to QVC's defence on this one.
The quote did specify that it was her choice of moisturiser that contained an SPF.
As the LE Superskin doesn't doesn't have an SPF, to me it seemed pretty reasonable to differentiate between the two.

But I do agree with BarbedWires comments about JF. The woman is a fool.

yes but she is paid to sell the brand, all the brands QVC sells, without favouring any brand over another, so if she says she is using one, she has to say it about another as otherwise the brands might be able to say something about unfair selling practices/advertising

Anne Dawson managed to specify her brand without any backlash and I admire her for that.
There are lots of ways to sell a brand without resorting to fake claims, downright lies and utter stupidity.

Say what you like about Julia, but she manages to sell without pretending that she uses and loves every single product.

Latest posts

Back