Slim n Lift TSV 18/01/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The last time I saw these products demonstrated the guest was being amazingly harsh, forcing the models to undo their garments live on air so as to show the before / after shots. The products did appear to make a difference. I don't believe in such products though. Who would want to be squashing all that flab in when you could just go down the gym / go running / swimming / cycling and have a super healthy diet and not have the flab in the first place.

If only QVC were honest enough to show women wearing these items who really needed them, not models without an ounce of fat between them (unless these garments really are that good,in which case I apologize )..oh!, maybe they wouldn't get too many sales that way.? :cheeky: That little German lady springs to mind who used to do the Ideal World shows, now that was being truthful!

daydreamer

If only QVC were honest enough to show women wearing these items who really needed them, not models without an ounce of fat between them (unless these garments really are that good,in which case I apologize )..oh!, maybe they wouldn't get too many sales that way.? :cheeky: That little German lady springs to mind who used to do the Ideal World shows, now that was being truthful!

daydreamer

Yes, I think her name was Crystal and she was actually a very good advert for the product - being a larger lady. She looked so much better wearing the shapewear. No point at all in showing slimming pants on a size 10 model who has no fat around her middle because you're not going to see how the fat behaves when the pants are on. Hmm, they'd get no sales though if you did see that.

CC

You're right Nora, I don't know why I even considered it really, I hate man made fibres at the best of times, it would be a bl**dy nightmare.....! lol
(I'll have to resort to 'plan b', i.e. weights, which I have, I'm just a lazy b***h & the idea of an instant fix shortcut is so much more appealing.....!) :doh:
You're not on your own Kitten!

Nice tidy boobs???

This was the term used by the monstrous 'Janey' from slim n lift in describing her child's "chest".

"She's not like her mum, she's got nice tidy boobs".

Putting the appropriateness of this comment to a lunchtime show aside, it begs the question what's not nice, and untidy about Janey's own bazoomas? Do they leave things lying about, socks, tights, dirty cups? Drop litter in the street maybe?

OMG she's just got one out and started JIGGLING it! Uncomfortable or what? Put it away dear!

image.jpg

daydreamer

I think I can help you with this.....

image.jpgimage.jpg

sorry to say these lacy armed tops look chavvy & so do the legging things , why would you spend money on a sleevelesss dress them wear that tacky commom looking bra thing & ruin the whole look

underwears ment to be hidden

Ok, I'm tempted
I have a lot of dresses that would benefit from these up to bra shapers
But for anyone who is thinking of it can I recommend these from m and s. they are 3 for £10 and they are Brilliant. They hold in, no VPL, no roll down and they come up over your belly button.
They don't need you to take oxygen to get them on and for everyday wear they are the bizzz
And they now have animal print......New shade....I need to order those Now!!!

http://http://www.marksandspencer.com/VPL-Lace-Low-Full-Briefs/dp/B0033IL604?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_22&nodeId=342646031&sr=1-22&qid=1358513084

Last edited:
Do they do "slim & lift" briefs for men?

I know one or two who could do with a "tidy up".
Ha ha Frazzled. I think Jonathon Ross actually admitted to wearing them,(for men) but
i don't think its an idea that'll catch on LOL

Ok, I'm tempted
I have a lot of dresses that would benefit from these up to bra shapers
But for anyone who is thinking of it can I recommend these from m and s. they are 3 for £10 and they are Brilliant. They hold in, no VPL, no roll down and they come up over your belly button.
They don't need you to take oxygen to get them on and for everyday wear they are the bizzz
And they now have animal print......New shade....I need to order those Now!!!

http://http://www.marksandspencer.com/VPL-Lace-Low-Full-Briefs/dp/B0033IL604?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_22&nodeId=342646031&sr=1-22&qid=1358513084

Probably bad form quoting myself but..
Have just bought the animal print ones
Use JANSAVE5 to get £5 off orders over £35

sorry to say these lacy armed tops look chavvy & so do the legging things , why would you spend money on a sleevelesss dress them wear that tacky commom looking bra thing & ruin the whole look

underwears ment to be hidden

I'm with you on underwear being hidden. I hate bra straps showing, under any top. The summer is the worst, little strappy tops with bra straps showing. horrible.

Can't help but snigger at the red pants at the bottom of the page :giggle:

" When you pull them on, your package falls naturally into the super soft snuggle pocket to create a truly enjoyable unique wearing experience."
Oh never got that far Tangerine, will have to go back and check it out :) Just to be sure your description is accurrate

Package enhancing...... But still Y fronts as we know them.... Can see those looking all grey and floppy following a wash.....

Hhmm, suddenly not so appealing, huh? Maybe you're right & they go all saggy, like the knees on cheap leggings...............then they'd be more 'revealing of deficiences' than 'enhancing'......? :mysmilie_845:

:mysmilie_507:

Hhmm, suddenly not so appealing, huh? Maybe you're right & they go all saggy, like the knees on cheap leggings...............then they'd be more 'revealing of deficiences' than 'enhancing'......? :mysmilie_845:

:mysmilie_507:

Great minds KWC

Although it did get me wondering about a QVC demo .......

Would love the before and after shots

:mysmilie_454:

Latest posts

Back