Slinky Frank!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
I see Frank Usher is branching out from 'accessories' into fashion that's suitable for those no larger than a size 16.

I also see that there are a few pieces with 'slinky' fabric, now correct me if I'm wrong, but in the early days of Kimmy, I'm sure most of her 'stuff' was classed as 'slinky' - that slipped and slid everywhere, and yes I now remember buying (blimey back in the late 90s) a grey ankle length slinky skirt that did 'swirl' at the hem. Then a little bit later IW did an awful lot of cheaper 'slinky' fashion.

Is the 'slinky' fabric shiny, heavy and warm to wear? I bought a Kim & Co maxi gored skirt in this material years ago. It didn't want to die, but I eventually ruined it with bleach drops. I wouldn't go for a garment in this fabric again. Looks cheap and nasty but it was warm for winter wearing

No, personally I didn't find it heavy and warm - quite the opposite in fact, but I agree about it being indestructible !

As for the bleach drops, you should have done what I did with a light throw over top from Join fashion. It was pale grey and I inadvertently splashed it with a few stray drops of bleach. Ruined !! so I had a lightbulb moment. I put some bleach into a spray bottle and randomly splattered the front - it looked like a Jackson Pollock when I finished, and could have been bought like that. So never think an item is ruined just because a bit of bleach.

No, personally I didn't find it heavy and warm - quite the opposite in fact, but I agree about it being indestructible !

As for the bleach drops, you should have done what I did with a light throw over top from Join fashion. It was pale grey and I inadvertently splashed it with a few stray drops of bleach. Ruined !! so I had a lightbulb moment. I put some bleach into a spray bottle and randomly splattered the front - it looked like a Jackson Pollock when I finished, and could have been bought like that. So never think an item is ruined just because a bit of bleach.
I couldn't have done that with this skirt, because it was black. I'll keep the idea in mind, however, because I am always splashing bleach around and so often a few stray drops land on my clothes. However, I had good wear out of the skirt. I think we must be talking about different fabrics, though.

I’m a bleach splasher too. If I splashed any thing I really loved I would use a magic marker to fill it in. It only works with small unobtrusive ones otherwise it’s too obvious. I had a Monsoon tunic in black and blue I did this with.
I try not to splash though it’s not so bad now I don’t have to be smart for work.

I never tried slinky . It didn’t appeal but I well remember Sharon modelling it with great style and exuberance.

My mother loved bleach; my sister says it's the smell of her childhood, mine's Dulux white emulsion but that's another story. Consequently I also used it & because I spent half my working life in a school was reassured that it killed norovirus. It was my go to for cleaning the loos, then I read that it destroys the glaze on porcelain & replaced it with an eco-friendly loo cleaner.

Another bleach splasher. The reason I do not buy the extra large bottles as I just know it will be over me rather than down the toilet. I remember buying a lovely pale pink top wearing it the first time and a large white patch where I had been using bleach.

Flash with bleach for doing the wash basin and bath. I am a heavy sprayer and nearly gave myself an asthma attack doing the bath. Spraying like mad and head in the bath.

I thought it was because my senses are all on overdrive (they are - symptom of my illness and many meds side effects...), but that Mr Muscle cleaner nearly killed me! (And I wasn’t the one actually cleaning the oven!)

My carer swears her asthma was triggered by an incident using bleach and HG mould spray plus another product all at once with no ventilation at her son’s house?

I loathe the smell of bleach!
I know it’s reassuring and do squirt in loo but if it’s left for more than a minute, I start t feel sick! Sadly carer loves it!
When it’s been left for ages I do get chlorine evoking happy memories of my youth spent at the swimming pool!

For me school is a pine-scented cleaner!

We now use ‘Method’ sprays?
Love the rhubarb antibacterial one and the bathroom anti bac is nice and fresh BUT that one does still catch your throat badly just the same as a less natural cleaner! 🙄

I wash my floors with a mixture of bleach and Zoflora with very hot water. I am in an upstairs flat and the smell could knock you out at the front door. My mum used to freshen our carpets with Zoflora when I was a child. Lavender or Carnation.

I thought it was because my senses are all on overdrive (they are - symptom of my illness and many meds side effects...), but that Mr Muscle cleaner nearly killed me! (And I wasn’t the one actually cleaning the oven!)

My carer swears her asthma was triggered by an incident using bleach and HG mould spray plus another product all at once with no ventilation at her son’s house?

I loathe the smell of bleach!
I know it’s reassuring and do squirt in loo but if it’s left for more than a minute, I start t feel sick! Sadly carer loves it!
When it’s been left for ages I do get chlorine evoking happy memories of my youth spent at the swimming pool!

For me school is a pine-scented cleaner!

We now use ‘Method’ sprays?
Love the rhubarb antibacterial one and the bathroom anti bac is nice and fresh BUT that one does still catch your throat badly just the same as a less natural cleaner! 🙄
I'm blessed with skin like a rhino & lungs that resemble cast iron buckets but some of the Method sprays give me the cough of someone on two daily packs of Senior Service, the shower cleaner was the worst. I use Ocean Saver & a few other products from Ethical Superstore.

Latest posts

Back