Smashbox Halo - Colour Change???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rosey

Registered Shopper
I just opened a Smashbox Halo which I bought a couple of months ago on Ebay. I put it on this morning and looked like a ghost! It was my normal medium colour but was really pale. I was cross as I could not complain now after having it so long and thought it must be fake. So I went onto QVC as I was going to get a 'proper' one and noticed that the reviews were really bad - this product normally gets 4-5*. Everyone on the reviews are complaining about the latest ones being a different colour to normal. So it is obviously not just my Ebay one.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Now I don't know what colour to order and it is a lot of money to waste (over £40) if the colour is incorrect. Also they are out of stock of medium on qvc where I could return it if it was not right.

It is quite noticable on the reviews on qvc as the reviews were great till about a month ago and now they are all 1*.

I thought it was just the colour but thinking about it, it really did look very 'talc-y' on my skin. It is such a shame as it was a fantastic product. Will now have to look for an alternative!

I must go have a look at the reviews on QVC US - see if they are having same problems there.

The product has completely changed both in colour and texture.

It WAS my favourite foundation. I say foundation, because I used to use it on its own and it gave perfect skin evening colour with a glow. No chalkyness and a perfect colour. I even wore it when I got married.

The last one I had wasn't right. The colour seemed to turn darker on my skin after a few hours and the texture was dryer and looked powdery on the skin.

I persevered with it because I didn't want to believe there had been a change, but considering how pricey it is, I really wish I'd sent it back.

Such a shame.

I just checked the reviews on QVC US and the latest ones are saying the same - that it is simply not the same product and colour. This is a pain as now the long (expensive) search for the perfect foundation has to begin all over again. Also I have a spent over £30 on a pot which is rubbish.

I was going to add a review on QVC UK to say this but as I had already put a review up years ago when I first purchased it I am unable. So I do wonder how many others are having this problem and cannot update their reviews.

I bought a new full size one from QVC a while ago and recently the Halo to Go when it was an OTO, I have not used either yet but I will certainly be doing so now so I can check the colour is right!!!

Reading this I'm glad I stocked up from Jayne (Just Beauty Direct) ages ago so I'm confident it'll be the original version. I don't use it as often as I use Balance and Brighten mainly because the full-size Halo is a bit chunky and the lids don't click shut properly anymore. Such a shame that they've tampered with a good formula; if it ain't broke why fix it?

Jude xx

Oh no, i got a halo to go in a tsv not so long ago but i forget when now, that one is compleatly the same as my large one. I just got a big one in the post this morning from a US seller on ebay havent botherd to check but i will now go and do so i hope its not different

It is completely different - not just the colour which is a horrible pale yellow-y colour. Normally the medium is a nice rich bronzey colour. The texture is also very talc-y - and just sits on the skin like a layer of powder rather than blending in with your skin.

Do you think maybe they have wrongly labelled it? Maybe it is meant to be the Yellow Halo Powder and they have put wrong label on it?

the yellow Halo only comes in a small size like the travel size Halo To Go. I was thinking that perhaps they have mislabled the pots too.
Now I still have my Fair from a TSV long ago but prefer my TLeClerc Banane.

It could be possible that they have miss-labeled the pots as looking at the reviews on qvc people are saying the light is normally yellow-y and is now orange, and the medium which is normally orange-y is yellow.

I have a work friend who wears light and will get her to bring in her light and then I can compare the colours.

Oh I do wish Estee Lauder would sod off and stop messing with things. They are ruining everything they touch.

I recently bought a new light from debenhams and did notice that it seemed more orangey on my skin, i just assumed it was me and my weird skin lol. not amused as i love this product :( x

Ahhhh Cr@p, I was just thinking I needed to order one of these again. Should I try Balance and Brighten instead do you think? Help?

So guess what I seen in the Belfast city centre TKMaxx today?

Smashbox Halo it was £12 for the normal size pot. Also some Smashbox cream eye liners too.

They also had the Balance Me kit which QVC was selling last month at £9.

So guess what I seen in the Belfast city centre TKMaxx today?

Smashbox Halo it was £12 for the normal size pot. Also some Smashbox cream eye liners too.

They also had the Balance Me kit which QVC was selling last month at £9.

Oh they didn't have any in the TK Maxx in Kidderminster today - but then it is quite a small one. I will be looking out for some now as I can then check the ACTUAL colour in the store before buying.

>.< I didn't go into the Belfast TKMaxx thinking they never have anything decent, anway - bummer. I've wanted to try Halo for a while now, might have to slink back tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back