Smashbox Pulling out of QVC UK

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

donna255

ShoppingTelly Supporter
I heard this last week at my local Debenhams the counter was closing. Then after some investigation found out at the weekend they are pulling out of the UK/Europe altogether.

Now I and others thought okay they will be exclusive once more on QVC UK.

I emailed them yesterday and received this reply.

[B]Thank you for contacting QVC .

Unfortunately the Smashbox range has now been cancelled at QVC and as such will not be restocked in the future.

If we can help with anything else, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Best wishes

So whatever stock is left on QVC UK is it.

Estee Lauder the owners of Smashbox now have decided to stop funding(this was the word I heard in Debenhams) and are killing it in the UK.

Customer Care Team [/B]

At the recent Beauty Bash, the Smashbox stand was tiny, shoved in an upstairs corner and they only had a few products on display. No Mascara, eye shadow, lippies or blushers so I guessed they weren't going to stay around at QVC very long.

My love affair with smashbox ended some time back. There was a dya i looked forward to their TSVs and shows with the guests but QVC has become more of a sales outlet for odss and sods. Looks like LG and Bobbi Brown will have my business now.

Can't say I'm surprised to hear this but it is a shame. I thought it was a shame the brand seemed to U turn on their hero products: they were so adamant their cream eyeliners and brow-tech were better than the pencil versions on the market and then they brought out their own pencil versions.
There are smashbox shows listed for 24th March, I wonder whether these will be the last?

Jude xx

I'll miss the TSV's although I've not been tempted by the last few. I just don't think the quality is what it used to be, it'll still be a shame though. I wonder what Debenhams will have in their place the Debenhams counters around here are pretty big.

I do like the Smashbox Waterproof Shadow Liners to go. I have them in Chrome, purple and brown and they don't budge. Fortunately there is enough left to probably last me 12-18 months. After that I'll probably return to Bobbi Brown's gel eyeliners which are superb.

The only product I still buy from Smashbox is the primer, not bought any other item in ages now, TSV's were not my cup of tea and individual items had got so expensive compared to other brands so am not too surprised they have been pulled. They went into Debenhams before they got bought by Estee Lauder, it had started well for them in there but the take over gradually killed the counters.

Wonder what will happen with JBD now!

Oh well off to stock up on my primer before it gets sold out!

Shame to see them go. I don't buy much but I like browtech, eyeliners and adjust primer. I haven't yet found anything to beat browtech.

That's a shame. I used to really like their TSVs, but the individual products are way overpriced.

Oh no I really like the halo. Very overpriced but suits me better than anything else I have tried. Have just bought 3. If I had the money I would have bought more

So THATS WHY my 2 small tubes of Smashbox photo finish primer went for so much on eBay recently! I have been having a bit of a clear out and the sale of those has surprised me the most. Thanks for the heads up, have just bought another lip liner duo as I love those. Although I like the eyeshadow quad that was in the TSV I won't be paying 39 quid plus postage for another. Like the brow tech too but not enough to repurchase.

I was reading the reviews on total beauty . com and the newer version of hope in a jar--the anti ageing one--got terrible reviews,they said it separated in the jar into an oily mess,new jars not old stock,so be aware of this if thinking of buying. On the subject of EL takeovers,it often spells the kiss of death for some brands,think Stllla and more recently Ojon,yes that is still around but for how long?

I do like the Smashbox Waterproof Shadow Liners to go. I have them in Chrome, purple and brown and they don't budge. Fortunately there is enough left to probably last me 12-18 months. After that I'll probably return to Bobbi Brown's gel eyeliners which are superb.

I love these too,have bought the graphite and ivy - wonder if you could answer a query, I used the graphite but as I finished, the end bit of the eyeliner fell out. I don't want to send back to Q as they have now sold out, and obviously won't be re-stocking. So can these be sharpened, as they don't wind up from the bottom. Thanks!

I love these too,have bought the graphite and ivy - wonder if you could answer a query, I used the graphite but as I finished, the end bit of the eyeliner fell out. I don't want to send back to Q as they have now sold out, and obviously won't be re-stocking. So can these be sharpened, as they don't wind up from the bottom. Thanks!

Yes you can sharpen them! I have a Barry M sharpener which works well. The standard size eye pencil sharpener won't work as these Smashbox liners are like chubby sticks and need a wider diameter sharpener.

Latest posts

Back