Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Are you sure that wasn’t QVC? Turn on any time of the day and you’ll always see a dick. :mysmilie_17:

Oh, shopperholic - always waiting in the wings to lower the tone. Anyway, now you’ve started, I might as well join you ...

You’ll also see an arse or two fannying around.

This gets my award for post of the year (so far !). It’s just my sort of humour.

Thanks EM. xx

Oh, shopperholic - always waiting in the wings to lower the tone. Anyway, now you’ve started, I might as well join you ...

You’ll also see an arse or two fannying around.

Always xx

And when the gnome is on its double dick

Look in the dictionary LATI under the word “Dick” and you’ll see a picture of Richard Jackson xx

Yeah me too EM, in my defence though, I didn’t bring “willies up”...........see there I go again! I just can’t help myself. :mysmilie_19:

Sorry,It was me with the 'willy nilly' post that I may have sneaked past some of you, & then on to 'real willies' after CC's post about cocks on the box (also applies to QVC of course)

Sorry,It was me with the 'willy nilly' post that I may have sneaked past some of you, & then on to 'real willies' after CC's post about cocks on the box (also applies to QVC of course)

Ah ha! So there are many of us that like to lower the tone, or have a laugh as I like to call it. Phew! glad I’m not the only one. :mysmilie_3: :mysmilie_17:

I don't know if this has already been mentioned and apologies if so, but a lady has sent pictures of the "new" shoes she received. The foot has toe marks in the suede. The straps are covered with white bits (skin flakes?). There is something (gum?) stuck on the sole! Can you imagine unpacking a new pair of shoes and finding something stuck to the sole? Obviously not 'period stained trousers' level of disgusting but still disgusting.

Now, I had read that QVC US were bringing back their Beauty Bash last week, they stopped some years back. But seems the info has hit the UK Facebook and Pat and another asking if QVC UK will bring it back, the answer is no.

I don't know if this has already been mentioned and apologies if so, but a lady has sent pictures of the "new" shoes she received. The foot has toe marks in the suede. The straps are covered with white bits (skin flakes?). There is something (gum?) stuck on the sole! Can you imagine unpacking a new pair of shoes and finding something stuck to the sole? Obviously not 'period stained trousers' level of disgusting but still disgusting.

Just in case anyone from QVC management is reading i would like it noted that I also received some Vionic sandals in a very similar condition. I have received clothes smelling of body odour and food etc. Yes, gross! Be warned only buy just arrived or TSVs.

This is a big one.

A woman bought 9ct gold earrings from QVC and her ear has developed an infection(bleeding and sore), she included photos. So phoned QVC and CS told her that earrings are cleaned and sent out again, so looks like this pair have not been cleaned at all! She has been treating with antiseptic from the chemist but now had to make an appointment with the doctor as it is no better. She is still waiting for QVC to get back to her. Now if I were her I would want compensation for sure and not a ****** £10 voucher either.

Others are saying they would not trust QVC to clean jewellery before sending out again going by the state of the clothes sent out to customers.

This is a big one.

A woman bought 9ct gold earrings from QVC and her ear has developed an infection(bleeding and sore), she included photos. So phoned QVC and CS told her that earrings are cleaned and sent out again, so looks like this pair have not been cleaned at all! She has been treating with antiseptic from the chemist but now had to make an appointment with the doctor as it is no better. She is still waiting for QVC to get back to her. Now if I were her I would want compensation for sure and not a ****** £10 voucher either.

Others are saying they would not trust QVC to clean jewellery before sending out again going by the state of the clothes sent out to customers.

There is no way that I would trust QVC to clean earrings. Sorry, I just can’t see it happening. I can’t see John Lewis etc getting away with customers highlighting these sort of issues so how do QVC get away with it?

This is a big one.

If people are that worried why don't they clean them first?

I'll be gutted if they stop people returning earrings as I have weird lobes that only some earrings look okay on. I clean pre and post use because it's something we've been conditioned to do these days, but I'm old enough to remember being encouraged by the staff at House of Fraser stores to try earrings on at their counters. Earrings there were never cleaned and despite trying on hundreds of pairs over the years I never "picked up" an infection.

However, my ears will become irritated if I wear cheap earrings. I went to the GP the first time that happened and was told it was just irritated, to buy a tube of Savlon and that if people insist on poking holes in their bodies they should expect a bad reaction now and then. That told me.

Let's be fair, anyone can develop an infection like that just by poking the post in slightly off centre and breaking the skin. I know I've done that. Like the doctor said, it's one of the risks we take when poking ourselves with sharp items.

I also worked for a while for a trust that dealt with enquiries when HIV first became known. We were told that most bacteria and viruses could not live on cold metal past 24hours at the very most and that shops getting hysterical about people trying on earrings were adding to the untruths and discrimination towards AIDS patients and they simply had to wipe posts with alcohol between customers - even if they were tried on with only minutes between customers alcohol on metal would do the job. I can't imagine that earrings in transit for so long would still be a hotbed of microbes, especially when they've always arrived in a baggie to me and not directly on the box material that can sometimes allow microbes to live a little longer.

Anyone else think she's just yet another one of those people who want financial compensation for something?

Would wonder if responsibility could be proven either way.

Unless Q has clear documentation that a certain pair of earrings had been sterilised.

Unless Q has clear documentation that a certain pair of earrings had been sterilised.

Precisely. How could she prove it was the earring was the source of infection?

Maybe Q can start recc'ing people sterilise pre-wear if they have any worries.

I am so sick of stupid people and the compensation culture.

Hepatitis B would be my main concern. Hundreds of times more infectious and can survive on surfaces for weeks.
I don’t think the customer is after compensation, more concerned about used items being sent out by QVC. Why should we be cleaning items, washing clothes etc on receipt?

I can't see how it could be proven.

Infection can happen for various reasons, can happen with a pair of earrings you have had for years or brand new, sometimes it is not about whether earring is clean or not but about weight of earring, how it sits in ear etc...

I wonder what happens to toothbrushes that get returned. I'd better not wonder too much though, or I'll be making myself feel sick.

Latest posts

Back