Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My goodness that was a pretty full on post about the air fryer guest.

Even for me it was a bit too far.

loveallthingsitalian - I saw that and was going to post it on here saying the same thing, it was extremely unpleasant and personal - quite obviously a troll, so thank goodness Q pulled it fast

I didn't see the post, I didnt read it but just read the comments just now on the home page under the air fryer and see they've removed a comment due to mentioning another retailer, so it must be only ok to mention one when you're selling one of their products then, like Amazon for instance.

Was that on fb? Presume it refers to Gail Samways, who seems to have taken over from Simon Brown representing Cook's Essentials?

I hope she hasn't taken over from Simon, she makes me nervous watching her. I don't find her very competent in the kitchen.

loveallthingsitalian - I saw that and was going to post it on here saying the same thing, it was extremely unpleasant and personal - quite obviously a troll, so thank goodness Q pulled it fast

She wasn't a troll as her profile was real enough but a very unpleasant person who called Gail obese and said she felt sick watching her and the presenter (JF) was tired looking. I think the OP removed the thread herself as no one was agreeing with her.

She wasn't a troll as her profile was real enough but a very unpleasant person who called Gail obese and said she felt sick watching her and the presenter (JF) was tired looking. I think the OP removed the thread herself as no one was agreeing with her.

Wow, trolls are bad enough but to think that was for real is quite shocking, what a vile person!

I think being a kitchen gadget guest is akin to being a Care of Magical Creatures Professor at Hogwarts... Eventually retiring to spend time with your remaining digits... After some TSVs where Simon had literally bled for the cause!

Gail has been the guest for umpteen different cooking or food items over the years at QVC... At least Simon has been consistently the CE guest, which in my eyes gives him more credibility... Plus he is funny and has a good rapport with the presenters. Gail is altogether more intimidating... Even a little scary... And no more competent.

I think anyone posting that she is obese has a poor understanding of what obesity is or looks like. Gail looks a pretty normal size to me. The reported comments sound designed to provoke a reaction. Bona fide poster or not it looks trollish.

Given Gail was doing the TSV, I'd have been more interested in whether or not she did a good job of demonstrating the functionality and explaining... And if the food turned out looked edible and appetising.

Disgusting posting personal stuff about her! Another downside of SM!

Where has Simon gone? Not seen him in ages and he was very good!

Did I see a Q post asking for applications for models for BCC? Does this mean there is going to be an actual event this year?
Do we think that last years format wasn't as well received as they imagined?

Ah! So just making themselves look good in their customers eyes. You too and do catwalk for a cause we support. Tea and Coffee supplied by DF's tea room on the night.

I am sure the charity has thousands of ladies on their list who are willing and able to do the catwalk show.

The complaints re DF's self-promotion are gaining momentum on Q's FB page - wonder if Q will finally cave and do something as they can't keep ignoring this many complaints!

The complaints re DF's self-promotion are gaining momentum on Q's FB page - wonder if Q will finally cave and do something as they can't keep ignoring this many complaints!

Has something in particular sparked this? I rarely see shows she hosts but I think I managed 15 mins of the Yankee show earlier this evening, which is good for me. Even Yankee Steven was talking about her writing, saying it would be good to light one of the candles as inspiration for some of her frustrated middle-aged woman's smutty drivel. Well, I'm paraphrasing - he actually said "romantic stories", I think.

Has something in particular sparked this? I rarely see shows she hosts but I think I managed 15 mins of the Yankee show earlier this evening, which is good for me. Even Yankee Steven was talking about her writing, saying it would be good to light one of the candles as inspiration for some of her frustrated middle-aged woman's smutty drivel. Well, I'm paraphrasing - he actually said "romantic stories", I think.

:mysmilie_19:

The weekend before last I watched about 45mins of Q on the Sunday, across three shows, during which time we had (and I'm paraphrasing, as obviously haven't remembered what was said word for word!):

"This item is now available on advanced order, and will be shipped out to you week commencing the 6th March, which is when I'm running my next writers course at Retreats For You in Devon, I'm looking forward to that."

After doing a link with Katie:
"Doesn't Katie look gorgeous in that Join top? All my clothes are QVC. When I come downstairs at Retreats for You in Devon, people will say "Oh, I like your top", and they can't believe it when I say it's all QVC."

During the Yankee hour:
"I burn my large jars when I'm at Retreats for You in Devon, as I know I'll be there all day."

K
:mysmilie_19:

The weekend before last I watched about 45mins of Q on the Sunday, across three shows, during which time we had (and I'm paraphrasing, as obviously haven't remembered what was said word for word!):

"This item is now available on advanced order, and will be shipped out to you week commencing the 6th March, which is when I'm running my next writers course at Retreats For You in Devon, I'm looking forward to that."

After doing a link with Katie:
"Doesn't Katie look gorgeous in that Join top? All my clothes are QVC. When I come downstairs at Retreats for You in Devon, people will say "Oh, I like your top", and they can't believe it when I say it's all QVC."

During the Yankee hour:
"I burn my large jars when I'm at Retreats for You in Devon, as I know I'll be there all day."

I am so fed up with it. I remember how tedious the whole China thing became. Now she is on and on about books, vintage teas, the retreat, vlogs, Devon, on and on and on.

She's very clever, using QVC as a vehicle to promote her own businesses, who can blame her ?

BUT Why do they let her get away with it ? It's very distracting, takes the focus from whatever she's there to flog and onto her own ex-curriculars. Very valuable free publicity for her and no doubt some viewers will assume her business has QVC's backing.

Oh-Oh (my 3 y/o great nephew's latest saying), Kathy T has just mentioned her brother is getting married on 6 May. That's nearly 3 months of weekly reports on her wedding outfit, accessories etc.

Latest posts

Back