Solar garden fountain

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ERICS MUM

Registered Shopper
so annoyed ! I bought it last year and it was lovely. Put it away in Oct, wrapped up nice and safe in the garage.

Set it up today in my hot sunny south-facing East Anglian garden - nothing. I've owned it for more than 12 months but obviously it's broken down after only 3/4 months of use. I've checked and can't see any bockages so assuming it's the panel itself that's dead.

It's not on the website anymore and I don't want to buy one of their more expensive ones in case that has a short life span too.

so annoyed ! I bought it last year and it was lovely. Put it away in Oct, wrapped up nice and safe in the garage.

Set it up today in my hot sunny south-facing East Anglian garden - nothing. I've owned it for more than 12 months but obviously it's broken down after only 3/4 months of use. I've checked and can't see any bockages so assuming it's the panel itself that's dead.

It's not on the website anymore and I don't want to buy one of their more expensive ones in case that has a short life span too.
If there is a switch on it, set it to off. Leave it in a sunny position for 2 days and then switch it on. Hopefully it will have picked up enough charge to work.
Some of the solar lights I have, have ordinary rechargeable batteries and I sometimes take them out and charge them on my charger.

I had a similar problem with one I had bought for my parents, I ended up contacting the manufacturer, I'm sorry that I can't remember their name, but they sent a replacement panel. If the company name comes back to me I will let you know.

This is why I only buy cheap solar lights now.I have some all round my garden and they're so pretty - but they were only from wilkinsons.They work fine and reliably at the moment but I won't be too annoyed when they don't work next year (and they won't!) as they were such a minimal cost.

Have you tried to tell QVC - you never know....

This is why I only buy cheap solar lights now.I have some all round my garden and they're so pretty - but they were only from wilkinsons.They work fine and reliably at the moment but I won't be too annoyed when they don't work next year (and they won't!) as they were such a minimal cost.

Have you tried to tell QVC - you never know....

Quite a few of mine are from Wilkinson and I've had them years. As I described above I sometimes recharge the batteries indoors - more so in the winter when there was isn't enough sun to charge them. The worst set I have is a small super bargain ones from QVC - pretty feeble.

Thank you everyone for taking the time to reply.

well it's been sat in full sun for 2 days now and not a sausage. Definitely no batteries, the box thingy attached to the panel is sealed.
I'll give QVC a call, I've got nothing to lose ! Might wander down to Wilko's or the gardening accessories stall in Chelmsford market tomorrow and get a shiney new (cheap) one !!

Worth calling customer services anyway. I bought some lights that refused to work after 6 months and admittedly it's probably because sometimes we struggle to get daylight in Scotland never mind sunlight, however, Q gave me a discount code for a future purchase. OK, not the best of solutions as I had to buy something else, but then I buy anyway. The people at CS are always trying to keep the customer happy so I'd phone them.

I'd have thought calling them and saying its not fit for purpose might help , after all, you would reasonably expect it to last more than one year? surely? i have had a couple of things replaced altho not at QVC that were not fit for purpose without any problems.

Latest posts

Back