Spending with QVC!!

• Thread starter Deleted member 3549
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

D

Deleted member 3549

Guest Shopper
Since joining this forum I have started to see QVC in a new light and think twice before buying things. We've all said it but QVC are loosing any edge they had, the P&P is ridiculous, some of the presenters think too much of themselves and I realise beauty TSVs aren't THAT great as there will be another in a couple of weeks!

So much so, to date I have spent £12 with QVC in 2011 and that was on something I wanted in the clearance.

I've just packaged up my EMU's from the last TSV as the dye from the black sheepskin was coming off on my feet!! So theres £120 back to me too.

QVC really need to appreciate they are loosing long term customers. They suffer from the 'Icarus Paradox'- they think they are untouchable and then one day it dawns on them they've been caught out...

This is most certainly true. One product I use all the time is Ojon's Tunu hairspray. It's great for my hair and I don't want to change, but I am loathe to paying QVC's current price of it, plus almost £5 for them to keep me waiting a week for one single can in the mail. Most beauty products I now buy from trusted shops on ebay. Most things are half the price, cheap or free P&P and arrive in a day or two at most. Until QVC make moves to compete with that sort of service, I, for one, will continue not to buy from them.

I have spent nothing with them in 2011 and probably only spent about 1/4 of my normal amount in 2010. This place is a good place to get talked out of buying something (although sometimes it is a great place to get talked into buying things - usually from other places though!

I also think that it is not just because of this forum but also because QVC are losing the plot a little. Boring repeat TSV's and high p&p costs are probably the main problems.

I have spent nothing with them in 2011 and probably only spent about 1/4 of my normal amount in 2010. This place is a good place to get talked out of buying something (although sometimes it is a great place to get talked into buying things - usually from other places though!

I also think that it is not just because of this forum but also because QVC are losing the plot a little. Boring repeat TSV's and high p&p costs are probably the main problems.

:mysmilie_497: Not bought a thing yet this year. Mind you it is only January. Wonder if I continue till Feburary. :giggle:

:mysmilie_497: Not bought a thing yet this year. Mind you it is only January. Wonder if I continue till Feburary. :giggle:

No me neither. There is nothing new, or certainly nothing you'd want that you can't get cheaper elsewhere (apart from Gatineau futur plus eye cream in a duo which is a VERY good price).

last year i had cause to ask them to send me a complete list of all my orders from day 1, beyond what you can see on your online account, and it was SCARY when i realised some of the crap i'd bought.

i like my click-free tsv from last weekend though :O)

last year i had cause to ask them to send me a complete list of all my orders from day 1, beyond what you can see on your online account, and it was SCARY when i realised some of the crap i'd bought.

i like my click-free tsv from last weekend though :O)

Wow, I didn't know you could do that! I assume you just contact customer services?

I have also been able to keep a tight hold on the purse strings when it comes to QVC in 2011, the beauty shows in particular, and yes I realise we're only 3 weeks in :giggle:

But I've come to realise that I don't need a hand wash that's big enough to last a generation and 'makes my jewelry sparkle' yes L'occitane I'm looking at you.

I don't need to spend £30 plus for shower stuff that's been hand picked at dawn by some mystical creature or other. I've been using some lovely Soap & Glory and Nivea stuff that I was given at Christmas, and so far have not turned into the elephant woman, and my skin has not turned into scales!

So I'm going to be good in 2011 and FART regularly :wink:

Me too. No purchases at all this year. In December only last click items and the TSV sweeper (which I love).

Always good to look at the P&P costs and add them on. Then prices aren't so good then. Products on the dreaded High St aren't so rubbish. Ebay is fab for mid-price stuff like Monsoon and Hobbs. Cheap Smells, and Feel Unique offer great value and convenience for cosmetics. Amazon or Javari for shoes, BrandAlley, Cocosi, Secret Sales for prestigious clothing brands at low prices and I always enjoy a good trawl through TKMaxx.

Recently, just by chance I happened to be in Selfridges and walked past the Tods section and they had just reduced prices by 75% to clear the stock for new pieces. How lucky was that!

I think there are some great bargains to be had. QVC last clicks is good if it's something you liked at full price. I have had some great Kenneth Jay Lane pieces there.

Oh no! I just checked my account, and I beg your pardon. I also bought the Carole Hochmann & Elemis TSVs, so I am not so saintly after all :redface:
Haven't bought anything since the Elemis on 6th December though.

QVC haven't had a penny off me this year either - think the last buy was the Elemis TSV before xmas.

What does help me is looking in the outlet shop in Birchwood Warrington and seeing the absolute rubbish that is in there. And as for the smell from the rags oops sorry 'clothes' they sell, well even if they were giving the stuff away I wouldn't touch it.

However, they do sometimes have cracking bargains on good quality items - I've had some lovely EMU loafers and boots at great prices. And I've seen the Clarisonic in there for around £67 or so.

I've bought nothing either so far,this 2011.

I only bought two items in December - flannel bedding and a tiffany light - although they were quite expensive purchases (for me)

Actually I did buy a gossip TSV,but thats gone back faulty,as one of the stones,fell out (still waiting for it to be showing as returned :angry:)

I'm so pleased with myself for not buying,although to be fair,theres hardly been anything exciting enough to be purchased.

I've being eyeing up skagen watches for forever,so did watch that show and noticed a lot of easy pay - but I'm not sure I REALLY want one - nor the easy pay!!!

Most of the people who use this forum surf the net for bargains. QVC are still preying on the people who do not have access to the internet and older people who are unable to get out shopping so frequently. I certainly do not buy anywhere near the amount of stuff that I used to. Hardly ever watch apart from beauty shows

I have bought nothing from QVC this year but I wouldn't say they were 'preying' on people, they are are shopping channel and it's not as if they are selling essentials. No one has to buy anything from them.

Certainly pays not to believe them when they claim to have fantastic pricing because of their "buying power". Just been mooching through Boots in town and saw the Nails Inc. Caviar base and top coats in there for 7.13 as a twin pack (10ml sizes). QVC price £14.75 plus £2.95 p&P. How does that work?

Tend to order if I can't get anywhere else which is very little these days.Waiting for the Smashbox makeup box 'cos don't think that is in the shops?( my local Debenhams stocks the range) & I had a weak moment.Some of the jewellery I really like but no expensive pieces these days.The TSV 's ( think it's be said before) do not seem to give the same value?They may have a couple if items which you need & the rest are just 'padding'.They will have to start to outbid other shops/sites on price & do more free p&p.It's all easypay these days which might appeal to some but its all got to be paid.

Sometimes with a TSV, like the Decleor one, the single aspect they emphasise is the price. The moisturiser and the little pot come free as the other items make up the TSV price on their own. I notice this is done an awful lot. However, the prices are very expensive anyway. I wouldn't pay £35-40 for a moisturiser if I was out shopping. Once you focus upon this, then having other bits and pieces in the kit - some of which you don't even want or not sure you would even like, make the whole thing a nonsense.
:taphead:

I thought it was funny that we were all so pleased with ourselves for not buying this year. It's only January..... My resolve won't last much longer.....What with the kipling tsv, Leighton Denny, Liz Earle, Laura Geller, Elemis. OOHH decisions, decisions. Which do I REALLY need ? :mysmilie_506: :mysmilie_514:

Latest posts

Back