Strictly 2012 The First Show 15/9/12

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I can't wait, although I only know about six of the celebs...

its just started and I have been looking forward to this all week! Strange thing to ask, but does anyone think Darcey Bussel's nose looks different? Maybe she has always looked like that.

Great launch show! For once I know most of the celebs (well, I've heard of Girls Aloud tho I wouldn't have known who Kimberley was if they hadn't said!) - looking forward to some great shows - hope Colin and Louis do well..

Okay, did anyone else notice the glassy sheer terror in the eyes of the female dancers when waiting to see who got Johnny Ball?????:nod:

Louis better be careful, his partner is famous for having affairs with her male celebs. Two so far and counting.:wink:

Think James was bricking himself at the idea of getting Lisa.

There is a rather weird guy on DS, who every year goes on about Brendan ruining the chances of whoever he gets as a partner. He destroyed the wonderful Lulu's chances last year as he was too tall for her. Never mind the old bint couldn't ****** dance. This year he has started already, Will Lovely Vicky lose because of Brendan being too tall for her? :grin:

I want Colin to do well, but after the group dance not too sure??????

Oh heck, it doesn't start for another three weeks. I think James should do well this year with Denise V O, I am pleased that Artem didn't get one of the fancied ladies this year....

In previous series poor Anton has been paired up with guests that you wouldn't really associate with a chance of winning, Ann Widdecome, Nancy Dell'Oilo, Ester Rantzen, Kate Garraway so I felt sure that this year he'd get Lisa but I'm not sure how well he'll do with Jerry though !

Great show ruined each year by Bruce. He gets worse each year. Can't read an autocue to save his life. Be funny if he wasn't on the sickening amount of licence payers cash. If he was female he would have been put out to graze years ago. It's not just an age thing, Nicholas Parsons is as old but is as sharp as a tack.

I wonder if Bruce watches his own show back? If I was him I would be ashamed.

PJ

PS poor Tony Beek gets an oldie again!

Sent from my Nokia 3210 using Snake.

Great show ruined each year by Bruce. He gets worse each year. Can't read an autocue to save his life. Be funny if he wasn't on the sickening amount of licence payers cash. If he was female he would have been put out to graze years ago. It's not just an age thing, Nicholas Parsons is as old but is as sharp as a tack.
I wonder if Bruce watches his own show back? If I was him I would be ashamed.

He really should have been put to grass years ago, he ruins Strictly every year with his seriously unfunny 'contributions'........& the gormless gits in the audience all cheering & clapping his every move or little 'joke'......gawd knows why the talentless, bumbling old duffer is regarded as something of a national institution in the UK....hopefully one year he'll disappear up his own whatsit before the end of the series......!
:headbang:

Pairings? OK, some odd choices I thought but we'll see........I was kinda hoping Victoria would be paired with Anton tbh, she's strong-charactered but also quite fragile in personality I think & Anton would've been great with her.......Flavia looked happier to be paired with Louis than he did with her I reckon (his face & body language was priceless! lol) & the only pairing that made me instantly think 'now this could work.....!' was Denise & James, ones to watch I predict! :nod:

Yes, I thought Lisa = Anton. Then Jerry did say "My children were very surprised. But you are lazy they said." Will say if she gets to the jive a big problem as she is so tall(Len always goes on about how tall people are not good at it. Its the flicks and kicks.

I was working yesterday and didn't get home until after 2200 hours, and I ouldnt wait to watch the series link back 😃

Think Antonio and Jerry was a bad pairing too, although I like Jerrys sense of humour and think she'll be great craic to watch

Have to agree with Donna Colin looked very wooden, and I really hope Denise Van Outen crashes and burns😰, sorry but I can't stand her

Victoria Pendleton also looked piss poor

Okay, did anyone else notice the glassy sheer terror in the eyes of the female dancers when waiting to see who got Johnny Ball?????:nod:

Louis better be careful, his partner is famous for having affairs with her male celebs. Two so far and counting.:wink:

Think James was bricking himself at the idea of getting Lisa.

There is a rather weird guy on DS, who every year goes on about Brendan ruining the chances of whoever he gets as a partner. He destroyed the wonderful Lulu's chances last year as he was too tall for her. Never mind the old bint couldn't ****** dance. This year he has started already, Will Lovely Vicky lose because of Brendan being too tall for her? :grin:

I want Colin to do well, but after the group dance not too sure??????

I love Johnny Ball........absolute legend and it's only fair that Aliona gets a challenging partner this year after having the best male dancers the last 2 years........though hubby will be gutted if she's an early exit!:grin:

As for Louis.............I am convinced he bats for the other team,maybe why Flavia got him.

I loved Robin's reaction at being paired with Lisa,he is an absolute sweetie and I am sure they will have a lot of fun and do fairly well.

He really should have been put to grass years ago, he ruins Strictly every year with his seriously unfunny 'contributions'........& the gormless gits in the audience all cheering & clapping his every move or little 'joke'......gawd knows why the talentless, bumbling old duffer is regarded as something of a national institution in the UK....hopefully one year he'll disappear up his own whatsit before the end of the series......!
:headbang:

Pairings? OK, some odd choices I thought but we'll see........I was kinda hoping Victoria would be paired with Anton tbh, she's strong-charactered but also quite fragile in personality I think & Anton would've been great with her.......Flavia looked happier to be paired with Louis than he did with her I reckon (his face & body language was priceless! lol) & the only pairing that made me instantly think 'now this could work.....!' was Denise & James, ones to watch I predict! :nod:

Glad I am not on my own with my opinions on Bruce. I am going to call the Beeb to complain, if anyone else feels strongly it would be cool if you did too, one call =1,000 viewers they say so they all count. The sad thing is when he makes a truly off the cuff remark they can be funny (see when Ramps mic got caught and he danced with the floor manager) but when he has to look down to his cue cards to remember Darcy's name it is time to go.

Did anyone else think that when he couldn't remember his own catch phrase at the top of the show that wasn't a joke?

My other big complaint is the fakeness of Tess. I could imagine if I met Claudia in the street she would be exactly the same as on the TV but when I see Tess gurning and faking interest of Bruce, it reminds me of Krusty the Klown in that when the camera stops rolling she stops smiling and sparks up a Benson & Hedges*

PJ

*Other cigarettes are available, but don't do it kids :p

My other big complaint is the fakeness of Tess. I could imagine if I met Claudia in the street she would be exactly the same as on the TV but when I see Tess gurning and faking interest of Bruce, it reminds me of Krusty the Klown in that when the camera stops rolling she stops smiling and sparks up a Benson & Hedges*

Huh, I reckon there's more than a touch of Krusty the Klown with most of 'em tbh, all far too in love with themselves & definitely not worth their paychecks, love how the Beeb continues to chuck ridiculous amounts of money at these people, all paid for by us of course.....!

Anyway, back to the contestants - like Jabba, (& although I can see the Denise/James pairing working!), I can't stand the silly cow & hopes she ***** up royally & gets booted asap, though I have my doubts on this.....?

Poor old VP 'piss poor'? Yes, she looked very wooden & uncertain (well, terrified quite frankly!) but I honestly hope she finds her feet in the 3 week initial training period & is able to come out of her shell a bit! I like her (but then I am a massive cycling fan! lol) & womens' cycling is quite a small, closed world & she's been doing it a fair old time, probably a bit institutionalised by now, poor cow! Killer figure though & at least she won't be putting her partner's back out on the lifts! Go Vicky! :up:

No doubt the great British public will be voting for their fav soap actress however, no matter how crap she may or may not turn out to be & I predict poor old Frumpy Fern will be one of the first to go, she's neither 'entertaining' nor 'deserving' enough for the masses to keep phoning in for to keep in! :nod:

I like Bruce and can't imagine SCD without him, but I do agree that he is now finding it hard to read the autocue, he must love the show, it can't be because he is short of money. As for Tess, I think she is great with him. It wouldn't do if we all liked the same things/people. I can't stand Claudia, she is much two ditzy for me. I am so pleased Zoe Ball is doing ITT again this year....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back