succumbing to the negativity

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

longstandinggemfan

Registered Shopper
have read the increasingly negative comments recently about returns and damaged goods with some scepticisn - everything has always been good for me, and I've never returned anything in the 5 years I've been shopping with gems / rocks.

In January I ordered a lovely turquoise Tookalon bracelet -perfect to match a collar necklace I bought in October. However, when it arrived was jade green in colour and didn't match, so back it went - first ever return!

Today received a rather expensive order, which contained another turquoise bracelet -and happily this one matched, so it's staying!

However, the turquoise ring I ordered arrive with the stone broken into two pieces. And a turritella agate bracelet that I've been hesitating over for a few weeks arrived loose in a box with no cushion insert and with a loose pearl rolling around.Definitely a refund.

Afraid after such evidence, even I'm a convert to the negativity - quality control? What quality control?

Such a shame, as I've bought loads and spent thousands over the years. Like falling out with your best friend......

Last edited:
Such a shame LSGF. I have bought a lot from rocks too (first year of their launch) and have had no major issues but recently they do seem to have rapidly gone downhill and have lost a lot of regular customers!!

Hope your refunds don't take too long to process!

lsgf - I am another who has spent a fair amount and been a real supporter to rocks/gems for ages............. unfortunately I am finding it increasingly difficult to do. To be honest, it grieves me - I thought I had found the perfect place to spend my hard earned pennies ...... I really and genuinely hope the way forward is something approaching the service,goods and value we all took for granted in the past

thanks to both beading belle and loobi for the supportive replies to my post. Isn't it horrible when something you held in high regard and of which you tried to be supportive in the face of criticism lets you down and proves the critics correct..... Can't believe things have gone downhill so fast in quality control.:sad::mysmilie_476:

I'm sorry that your faith in the company has been so sorely tested lsgf and that you don't have to wait too long for your refund - another major gripe with the company at the moment.
As loobi says above, it's sad that things have gone so wrong with the company in recent months, but I really do feel it wouldn't take that much to turn it around again. However, as the months roll by and there are no noticable changes, I do wonder whether management have their heads in the sand. However many new customers you are managing to attract, surely it's the reactions of your old, once very loyal and enthusiastic customers that show you the true state of affairs?
I've had some lovely pieces from them recently, but also had to send a fair few back - one example was a white opal pendant that arrived just in its little bag, no box, so who knows what that had had to endure during the delivery process - the failings in quality control, extremely slow refunds and many of the other issues do point at getting too big too fast to me. I do hope that it's not that they just don't care any more.
There was a time in the past when you never saw a negative comment about the company on this forum, so let's hope we get back to that again very soon.

[QUOTE=jacqualina;452800]I'm sorry that your faith in the company has been so sorely tested lsgf and that you don't have to wait too long for your refund - another major gripe with the company at the moment.
As loobi says above, it's sad that things have gone so wrong with the company in recent months, but I really do feel it wouldn't take that much to turn it around again. However, as the months roll by and there are no noticable changes, I do wonder whether management have their heads in the sand.

Including the spelling errors on their Online Auctions page: Items are 'hallmaked in accordance to the UK hallmaking act'!

These are the main things that are really hacking me off about Coloured Rocks -

1) The usual suspects (garnet, peridot, blue topaz, citrine) ad nauseum;

2) Multi-gemstone monstrosities using lurid combinations of the above;

3) Ridiculous accent diamonds that seem fit only to grace the blade of an industrial circular saw;

4) Massive auctions of an item that looks like a job lot and take bleedin' ages;

5) Large gemstones nestling uncomfortably on a sliver of gold that appear as stable as Rik Waller on a skateboard;

6) The new mantra for female presenters "T1ts out and don't forget to shout".

"Gems TV: for quantity, for monotony, forget it!"

Jinny

Stop beating about the bush Jinny and come out with what you think lol You're not wrong though!

Latest posts

Back