Tan Luxe TSV 27/04/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Is this as really as good as they said? I couldn't make up my mind before it sold out as most self tan products enhance age spots, although they did claim it wouldn't. What does everybody who managed to get it think?

I loved it, there is no steaking and I have just started with a couple of drops and have been putting on most days to build tan up slowly. I went for medium to dark even though I am fair skinned I prefer use less drops as I know some on the models were using 5 drops of both light and medium. I have only been using 2 on my body and one on my face. I normally wear estee lauder foundation for work but havn't had to put foundation on just a sweep of bareminerals. There is a very slight hint of fake tan but not much at all and it really is a natural looking tan. I really hope they do another tsv as was gutted when realised there is only one more drop.

I'm trying the face drops at the moment. I went for the Medium/Dark in the recent TSV. After 3 days of 2 drops per day, mixed with my moisturiser, I can't actually see any difference on my skin. It smells just as bad as every other fake tan when the initial tropical fruit scent has worn off. It will be going back....

So we've got two reviews here so far and they reflect those on the Q website. Some people love it and say there's no fake tan smell and some say it doesn't work and smells just as bad as all the others. It must depend on your individual body chemistry so you don't know how it will be on you until you try it.

I think that it's down to your individual skin chemistry whether or not you get the stale biscuit smell, and also how strong it is.

DHA (dihydroxyacetone) is the culprit... and it's in most fake tanning products.

There are other ingredients which can give you a fake tan but often you have to check all the ingredients in the self tan to make sure that DHA isn't also in the mix...

Me - it doesn't matter how pretty a self-tanner smells when I apply it, it always goes biscuity... just my body chemistry, as others use the same products and don't get the smell.

Does anyone remember how long this takes to work? I put mine on for the first time after my morning shower and hoped to look like a California girl by now...... So far I cannot see anything...... :mysmilie_19:

Re the smell, I mixed it with Decleor lotion and used MB Templetree in the shower and it certainly didn't get through that combination!

Does anyone remember how long this takes to work? I put mine on for the first time after my morning shower and hoped to look like a California girl by now...... So far I cannot see anything...... :mysmilie_19:

Re the smell, I mixed it with Decleor lotion and used MB Templetree in the shower and it certainly didn't get through that combination!

The presenter said that the face drops should develop in about an hour. I think he said the body drops took 3-4 hours. After 3 days of using the face product I gave up and sent it back. There was no difference in my colour when using 2 drops per day. (The bloke said to use 1-2 drops on the face initially). A very disappointing product.

I have terrible luck with the gradual glow creams. I used to tan very easily but my skin has not been the same since chemo. Last year it was only Decleor which had an effect out of numerous picks from the DHS (mainly cheaper ones but in the dark shade despite being quite fair). I bought the dark Tan Luxe. Yesterday 2 drops on face and limbs did nothing. I used 4 drops today and I do seem to have changed colour a bit on the arms and face but not on the legs. I shall persevere as sometimes with me it is just getting the first kick start which proves the problem. Once the tan comes it usually stays as long as I keep using it.

Latest posts

Back