Tangle Teezer

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I remember a while back a guy brought this to Dragons Den. They slated him and said it was rubbish and wouldn't invest. Deborah Meaden said she had something similar she used for her horses!

They are quite good but I wouldn't say I found it that much better at removing tangles than a wide toothed 'pick' type comb. However, I've found an alternative use for mine - the cats LOVE :hi:being brushed with it and it does remove a lot of their loose fur.

Last edited:
I'll admit to getting them when they were last aired because I have long hair. To be honest my Philip Kingsley paddle brush does a better job because you can actually feel it reaching the scalp. I just use the tangle teezer when my other brush isn't to hand.

I have waist length hair and I would NOT be without mine! They used one on my hair in Toni and guy and I was so impressed I bought one (from Boots, though - gotta get those points!!). I take it on holiday and it's fantastic for combing my hair after swimming. I dread losing it!!

I wouldn't be without mine either. I can't stand my hair being pulled ~ I have a really sensitive scalp and it used make going to the hairdresser a nightmare as some of them can be quite rough. I still don't like it as even getting my hair washed roughly makes me want to scream, but since getting a tangle teezer at least the brushing part of it's ok. My hairdresser bought some after being really impressed with mine!

OK, the general consensus is that it's a great product, however, I don't think the demonstration illustrates that.

It makes me shudder to see her head yanked back like that.

I bought one for my little girl who has really long hair and hates having it brushed.
We thought it was a load of rubbish.

DD has waist-length hair, fine straight and lots of it and it tangles very easily. When she started brushing her own hair without my help she only brushed the top and developed a dreadlock underneath which was over a foot long. Threatened with scissors we persevered with the TT and also the Michael diCesare brush like this: http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.219932/walk.yah.UKHB~UKB1~UKMC and after about 2 days we untangled the sausage! The diCesare brush (bought from TK maxx) is excellent and works on a similar principle to the Tangle Teaser, of 2 different lengths of bristles. We have about 5 of them dotted around the house as we never want to be without it.

Jude xx

Last edited:
I couldn't be without mine, i have the most frizzy hair every and need to straighten it at least 3 times a week. I always used to find snapped hair on my clothes when I was using my aveda paddle brush (had it around 12 years) but my sister brought me a tangle teaser from her salon and I absolutely love it.

I think that model is just **** at holding her head firmly, her head movements are ridiculous and if he was pulling her hair that much, i'm sure she'd comment or raise her hand to stop him.

as an asides, jill is doing my freaking head in! for all of the items she can't live without, she looks a ****** state, I'd hate to see her if she didn't use them all and as for calling people love all of the time :taphead:

Had mine for YEARS, not sure how long ago but I do know I got it via a link posted on here by another FM and it was £10 delivered from Looks Fantastic. It's still going strong, no bristles lost, very easy to clean. I just use mine after washing my long hair to get the worse bits out, then go to a brush. My dd love it, they have long hair too, I got it for them to help with the girly hatred of mums and their no messing attitude and they have never looked back. I don't feel it gets down to the roots though hence me finishing with a proper brush.

I bought one from Boots in the hope it would help getting tangles out of the floor length, silky hair of my little Yorkies.
I found it hopeless. Granted it doesn't pull, but it doesn't get the knots out either, even though they're groomed every day. So I've gone back to what I always used, a very expensive Chris Christensen followed by soft old pure bristle brushes.

Must be good, JF's just had a orgasm because meeting the inventor/guest of Tangle Teezers is more exciting than meeting the queen, in fact I think she's going for multi-orgasm!

Must be good, JF's just had a orgasm because meeting the inventor/guest of Tangle Teezers is more exciting than meeting the queen, in fact I think she's going for multi-orgasm!

On the subject of J F did you notice the faux pas she committed whilst speaking to the inventor? She was trying to express her admiration for him by using the popular phrase"we are not worthy" which is usually accompanied by a mock bowing motion. What she actually said was "you are not worthy, you are not worthy" I wonder what was going through the inventor's mind at that point? I've got a fair idea!

Would this work on a knotty Persian cat? Thanks.

I think it would be worth a try (not sure where you would stand with your 30 day MBG though if your mog wasn't happy with it!) My shorthaireds certainly prefer it to the Furminator that I spent a small fortune buying!

Good luck with those knots!

Latest posts

Back