Tarte TSV-Beauty bash 4/6/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Its because its long wear, they are always drier. Take the famous Estee Lauder one you go to a counter and that is the first one they will pull out to try. Makes no difference if you are 3000 and a Egyptian mummy, its their biggest seller. Moisturise well use a damp sponge to thin it out and shouldn't be a problem.

Ha! I caved and ordered the TSV anyway. Was just too good a deal to pass by. So now I'll have 2 Showstopper palettes, but might sell one or keep one at my boyfriend's place.

Fair is in stock if anyone is on waitlist for it.

Good call Marina, cos QVC won't automatically allocate them to folks on waitlist, you have to ring customer services and prod them into allocating one your order and get it despatched. Ridiculous system!

Just took my delivery and at first glance loving the bag ))) and the fact that the foundation has a clear window where I can see how much is left. Don’t like the fact that the double ended brush is permanently bended, I thought that it may rotate and it came apart not that I’m bothered about it anyway. The palette is HUGE imo. I'm going to wear it tomorrow for work.

What did you think of the foundation shade Marina?

I really like the consistency and coverage of the foundation, I ordered fair and it is ok, appears a bit yellowish on the inside of my wrist but not really so on my face. Looked into ordering this foundation in Light as I'm going on holiday in the summer and will tan up a bit and wanted a slightly darker shade for this. The foundation on the qvc website is £35ish, so I ended up buying another TSV on Saturday, as for an extra fiver I get all the other goodies included. :)

Have had a bit of a tarte frenzy, have bought the twinkle palette, poreless primer and the set of 3 lippies! Lol. That's defintely it for now!

What did you think of the foundation shade Marina?

I really like the consistency and coverage of the foundation, I ordered fair and it is ok, appears a bit yellowish on the inside of my wrist but not really so on my face. Looked into ordering this foundation in Light as I'm going on holiday in the summer and will tan up a bit and wanted a slightly darker shade for this. The foundation on the qvc website is £35ish, so I ended up buying another TSV on Saturday, as for an extra fiver I get all the other goodies included. :)

Have had a bit of a tarte frenzy, have bought the twinkle palette, poreless primer and the set of 3 lippies! Lol. That's defintely it for now!
I swatched the foundation and it seems very similar in colour to Hydragel Fair in Doll 10 which I wear. I think that it’s going to make me look pale and a bit of pink in it would be nice, otherwise I’m pleased with it.

Hope everyone who ordered it has received it, a couple of people on Facebook have posted that they placed an order (normal, not advanced) but now their order is showing as awaiting stock.

Mine arrived yesterday just before 6pm.

Love the palette and the blush is nowhere as dark as I was expecting reading some reviews. Gorgeous warm peach/orange shade which is so wearable. Also love the lipstick shade, I really don't like the pink shade the companies have a habit of including in TSVs. Black eyeliner I am giving away, they should have done a nice warm bronze shade. Brushes not sure about the foundation one, not sure you can buff with it because of the shape? Will stick with my beauty blender or use my Real Technics Face Expert brush. Bristles much shorter and easier to work with. As I said before hate double ended brushes so will give that away. Not played with the mascara yet.

Yes, I did real on Facebook that people didn't get, seems it was the Medium shade.

I really like the palette, the blush is a better colour than I feared it would be. Love the highlighter and it makes me desperately want the twinkle palette but I can't at the moment :( I must say I'm unsure about the foundation yet. I tried it on Sunday but was out in the sun all day and it was very hot, my foundation slid almost completely off I was left with nothing around my nose, cheeks and chin. Giving it another chance today, hopefully it'll last better. I'm not used to liquid foundation anymore so the feeling is going to take a bit of getting used to, too. I can definitely feel it on my face more so than my Laura Geller and bare minerals and I'm trying to get the thinnest layer on I can. I'm not mad on the lipstick, seems really small and wore down really quick after a couple of uses throughout the day. Love the mascara so far and wish the lower lash one was in each drop as I'd be more inclined to keep AD (don't think I'm going to now). I suppose it's ok overall but I wanted to love the foundation and I don't think I do sadly.

I wore this foundation yesterday. After about 5 hours, it became quite patchy and clogged in my pores. I'm not sure what's caused this? This happened a couple of days ago with my bareminerals original powder foundation, it looked awful after about an hour like it had been smeared in clumps on my face, and also sank badly into pores. Has anyone else had this?

The foundation as I expected makes me paler than I am and the shade doesn’t seem to suit me. I compared it with Doll 10 Fair yesterday and the Doll 10 looks lively and fresh in comparison as it has pink undertones. I’m also underwhelmed by the mascara, it wasn’t any more superior than mascaras that I already have from various TSVs. The blush is too coral/orange for my liking (and reminds me of my MUA blush that I got for £1), and it clashes with the lipstick imo. The lipstick wears off quickly as mentioned in another post. I loved the darkest eye shadow for filling in the brows. I think that I should’ve gone up the shade in the foundation but that shade would be too dark for me in the winter months since I went on AD.
I haven’t tried the eye liner so far. My favourite pieces in this TSV currently are the bag and the large brush it’s fab.

Mine is 'awaiting stock' and I ordered while it was definitely in stock! In the medium shade too.

Oh dear, went to check the status of my order, and it's not there! And I'm sure I put it through on Friday and even saw the confirmation page. I called CS but they can't find any sign of it. I wish I had taken a screen shot of the page as I am certainly not about to buy it at full price.

Oh dear, went to check the status of my order, and it's not there! And I'm sure I put it through on Friday and even saw the confirmation page. I called CS but they can't find any sign of it. I wish I had taken a screen shot of the page as I am certainly not about to buy it at full price.
Should you have an order confirmation email LLE?

No, I didn't get an email, but I don't always get an email so I didn't think anything of it. The worst thing is I went for AD as I really wanted the second palette too. The person I spoke to at CS wasn't too helpful, but either way my shade of foundation is sold out. I feel so gutted as I had been wanting to take that palette away with me on holiday in July. That, and the fact that I have been lusting after it since March, and watching YouTube videos and swatches. I really can't think what's gone wrong!

Latest posts

Back