Tarte TSV-Beauty bash 4/6/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I know this is irrelevant (as most of my postings are), but I know that she is American and Americans like to give themselves these 'flouncy' titles but what is it with Leigh being a 'Global product innovator' (I kid you not), I mean is that a typical American thing of stringing words together that don't actually mean anything?

Mine has just arrived! Ordered late Thursday too. Just opening now, ordered light.

Tried to photo swatch on back of my hand against doll 10 hydra drops and balance and brighten fair and failed. The light is much yellower than doll 10 it made both bal n brighten and hydra drops look beige and cooler than they are. On first glance a squeeze of light sand from tube made me think light in bare minerals tone but a smidgen darker. Hope this helps someone selecting shades today.

I'm quite interested in this although I wouldn't be using the Eye Liner. Never had Tarte before but could I ask for advice please with regard to the foundation choice? I have Light in BM as I prefer the more 'natural look' so would Fair Sand or Light Medium Honey be suitable? Thanks for recommendations.....:mysmilie_504:
BusyLizzie
See my post above I thought light sand is almost a dead ringer for bare minerals light.

Ordered the AD but not sounding promising. I'm usually the lightest shade in other brands so think it's going to be way to dark for me. Might see if I can find someone to take the foundations and keep the rest for myself.

Thought the demos were terrible last night. I like Leigh but it was just the usual patter with no real substance and how many times did Alison remind us she was an expert!

Disappointed!

It seems that the lipstick is blue based and not a good match for the blush?
AY looked like a clown.

I don't really know what the rest of the kit looked liked because I couldn't see past the fact that the blusher and lipstick clash with each other! Then AY said about making sure your blusher and lipstick match later - I think they were trying to flog the palette of 4 blushes ��

I don't really know what the rest of the kit looked liked because I couldn't see past the fact that the blusher and lipstick clash with each other! Then AY said about making sure your blusher and lipstick match later - I think they were trying to flog the palette of 4 blushes ��

Yes I noticed this too.

Hi I just remembered I'd posted swatches for a previous foundation colour dilemma -hope they help, even though they're for powder foundations.

Got to nip out but will try to show some liquid foundations when I get back.

Attachments

• DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 277
  • DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 269
At last Leigh said that the Fair has pink undertones, but looking at Eleanor the model I'm still not convinced, however it seems to be the closest shade for my skin tone of all the six shades. The eye brush unbends I notice now.

Q seem to be short staffed today, only four models demonstrating the foundation colours, so we can't see all the six shades. Pretty poor for a weekend TSV.

I have just applied the blush and lipstick from the TSV. Once on the skin it does match. Lipstick will look different on everyone depending on the natural colour of the lips. I went for the fair foundation.

Brace Yourselves Fair Folk...

So I used Mr Akimbo's inner arm as he is the fairest of them all in our household and swatched the following on him:

From left to right:

Left: "Light Medium" in the TSV foundation 12 hour Amazonian Clay (*see comment below)

Middle: "Light" in the Colored Clay liquid foundation (** see comment below)

Right: "Fair Sand" in the TSV foundation 12 hour Amazonian Clay.

* The TSV shade is called LIGHT MEDIUM HONEY (peach undertones) but on the tube it reads just "Light Medium" which is odd since the range also includes Light Medium Beige (pink undertones) and Light Medium Sand (yellow undertones): see full shade list here. So there it is clear as Amazonian Mud!

** This Colored Clay Foundation is only called Light and only came in one variant of each foundation colour, there's a good set of comparison swatches on this blog BUT it's possible the TSV "Light Sand" (yellow undertones)isn't exactly this colour but should be close. Thanks to DD's TSV arriving in LIGHT MEDIUM instead of the LIGHT she ordered I was able to do these swatches, but she's going to keep it as it will blend in when she's back from her June holiday to Florida. (I still might ask for the P&P returned)

Attachments

• LM,L,F.jpg
    LM,L,F.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 314
from what i can work out it is fair sand not fair beige. Fair beige is pink undertones not fair sand. Tbh personally i am very red/pink in undertones and would no way buy the fair on qvc.

Sephora shows all shades here:
http://www.sephora.com/amazonian-clay-12-hour-full-coverage-foundation-spf-15-P302918

yep the TSV Fair is "Fair Sand" (see my post above) but the range has a huge number of other variants including a Ivory and Fairly Light options that we never see on QVC UK!

Latest posts

Back