The Christmas Grotto TSV 13/10/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't do Christmas in my house at all, not a tree, a bauble or card is on display, because by Christmas morning I've had enough!

I work in retailing and we are already deep into Christmas, in December I will work 07.30 to 20.30 six days a week.

Christmas eve, as I don't have family or children, I'm the one that works late to set up the Boxing day sale and I'm the one to open the store on Boxing day morning and there's always a customer that says 'Isn't it a shame you have to open on Boxing day?'

Well if people stayed at home and ate leftovers instead of shopping we wouldn't have to flippin' open!!

TSV are no longer special they are usually just to draw you into buying something of inferior quality to the normal priced items

Well I was hoping to get away for Christmas this year again but it is in some doubt.The travel company have been very upfront and told me they will be in touch before the balance is due.If I stay at home will just have to knuckle down and get on it cannot be helped, after a year of challenges this is a drop in the ocean!

Well I was hoping to get away for Christmas this year again but it is in some doubt.The travel company have been very upfront and told me they will be in touch before the balance is due.If I stay at home will just have to knuckle down and get on it cannot be helped, after a year of challenges this is a drop in the ocean!
[/QUOTE
We were meant to be in Florida for Xmas, haven’t spent it in the UK for over 20 years, I’m determined to find somewhere to escape.😄

Home Reflections Indoor/Outdoor Set of 4 4m Lights Strands with Remote
Item Number: 713346
QVC Price £25.00
Todays Special Value Price £19.98
P&P £2.95

A set of four battery-operated wire light strands from Home Reflections suitable for indoor and outdoor use, each with eight different modes and a total of 160 pretty LED rice lights. Add magical sparkle inside and outside your home this festive season and beyond, with these wonderful light strands from Home Reflections.

Just how you light it - each strand is made with pliable wire that can be moulded and wrapped easily around bannisters, trees, gateposts, fencing, mantlepieces and much more. Plus, a dimmer function on the remote allows you to choose just the right glow for any space, inside or outside your home.

Colours to suit your taste - with four options to choose from, your new lights can perfectly adapt to your current decor or your chosen festive theme. Go for Gold wire with warm white lights for a classic look to suit most tastes or Silver wire with accompanying bright cool white lights if you love, chic tones. For a cosy, rustic look, opt for Copper wire with warm white lights or for something fun and jazzy, choose Multicolour with silver wire to boost any decor with vibrant hues.

Twinkle all the way - with eight different light settings, including Waves, Sequential, Combination, Slo-Glo, Chasing/Flash, Slow Fade, Twinkle/Flash and Steady On, these strands can be set to add just the right ambience to suit the occasion or mood.

You’ve got time - boasting a 6 hour on/18 hours off timer, these light strands will automatically come on every evening at that same time - and you needn’t worry about switching them off later, as it’s already taken care of!

Not just for Christmas - these light strands are a wonderful way to add welcoming warmth to your home all-year-round. Arrange them on bed frames, patios, trees and more, and enjoy the effect whatever the time of year.

The power's in your hands - the easy-to-use remote control allows you to choose both the brightness and the mode for each of your light strands. Plus, it has the timer button and the on/off buttons so you can arrange your lights wherever you like as you won’t have to keep reaching for the battery box each time you need to switch things up.

• Timer function: 6 hours on/18 hours off
  • Dimmer function
  • 8 x lighting modes

Contains:

• 4 x wire light strands, each with 40 LEDs - length: 4m (13'); bulb spacing: 10cm (4")
  • 1 x remote control
  • 12 x AA batteries (for light strands)
  • 1 x CR2025 battery (for remote control)

Colour options:

• 4 x Gold with warm white lights
  • 4 x Copper with warm white lights
  • 4 x Silver with cool white lights
  • 4 x Silver with multicolour lights

All measurements are approximate

As usual, they don't tell you the one thing that everyone needs to know - - - how long will the batteries last? And they haven't answered this online either, 2 people have asked so far, yet they've answered other questions.

This can only mean one thing - - - the batteries last hardly any time.

What a shambles.

As usual, they don't tell you the one thing that everyone needs to know - - - how long will the batteries last? And they haven't answered this online either, 2 people have asked so far, yet they've answered other questions.

This can only mean one thing - - - the batteries last hardly any time.

What a shambles.

Haven’t they said the usual, if an item requires batteries Q supply them with the product?
So with this TSV we kindly send you 12 with the light strands and 1 with the remote.
🥳 🤗 😛

Haven’t they said the usual, if an item requires batteries Q supply them with the product?
So with this TSV we kindly send you 12 with the light strands and 1 with the remote.
🥳 🤗 😛

Should last a day then, as they always supply cheap batteries, never branded,

BTW did you know that the CR2025 battery they provide for the remote means that it is 20mm diameter and 2.5mm thick.

There are very similar batteries called CR2032 (3.2mm) and CR2016 (1.6mm) but they are all the same voltage so sometimes you can substitute them if they will fit.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back