The end of the line?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dawsthe1

Registered Shopper
Is ideal world coming to an end? From what I can make out they are going from being in administration to liquidation which I think means the end is near?

Stopped watching when PS and MM moved over from BID.

As soon as people in general find out about this, they will stop ordering as they will not get any refunds, perhaps not even get their goods, and will become unsecured creditors.

Makes me wonder how long QVC will last with their antiquated policies eg uncapped PP, which has stopped my last few purchases.

Sorry to be bearer of bad news, but i don't think this is the happy news you think it is. That's the old Ideal Shopping Direct ltd that's going into admin, not the Ideal World Ltd were watching today.

I'm not 100% sure what's going on, not a business or accountant person, but i'm guessing, Hamish Morjaria only bought the Ideal TV channel and web site part of the business (without the debt) from Ideal Shopping Direct ltd and that Ideal Shopping Direct ltd still technically existed and kept all the debt that they had accumulated. Hamish Morjaria then incorporated the IW Shopping channel with his Brandchests Ltd then changed it's name to Ideal World Ltd. The original Ideal Shopping Direct, which kept all the debt is the one which has gone into admin.

Old IW - Ideal Shopping Direct Ltd

New IW - Ideal World Ltd

What is interesting is the list of creditors, some interesting names on the list, if you follow the following link below, then look click on the "view PDF" for Statement of affairs with form AM02SOA on the 13th Oct 2022, it will give you the list . ;)

Sadly, this doesn’t seem to have aged too well….
IW Nightmare! as they were selling right up untill they went of air. Customers desperate trying to get refunds on orders not prossessed. I'm still waiting for a refund of £150 easypay instalment of 4 for the Linia 7 piece rattan garden furniture set. It was cancelled so no show. Looks like I will now have to cancell my credit card to stop any further payments being taken, The administratores are Kroll. Who are as expected realy slow. Very sad for the 260 warehouse staff now out of work.

Luckily the shoes that I ordered arrived three hours before they went off air and thankfully they are a keeper. I feel so sorry for customers who have been caught up in all of this and who haven’t received the goods or refunds.
So glad you got your order OK. There are many who are tied up trying to get help just being stonewalled by Kroll the administrators. Who are just buying time. I was advised today by my credit card company to cancel my card, it's the only way I could protect myself from the receivers attempting to take further payments due under 4 easy pay for the cancelled order. Card company have been amazing. They are inundated with IW unhappy customers in the same situation. Luckily I have all the e-mails relating to this issue proving cancellation ect. Kroll have 45 days to contest the credit card charge back decision. I do hope Kroll honour people refunds. It has put me off buying anything at the moment from anywhere.

I am sorry to hear that you and others are having difficulties in trying to cancel staggered payment plans for goods not received. That is at odds from what I read on another thread yesterday from something that was picked up from former staff posts on an Ideal World Facebook group - essentially saying that all the last orders were being honoured. I suspect the truth of it is more related to what you are saying and your experience from your card company, telling you that there are many other people like you in the same or similar position. I suppose if you worked for the company you would want to say the opposite scenario, as goods not going out and in turn, orders not honoured doesn’t reflect well on anybody formerly connected with it. Hearing of yours and other customers’ current plight, again makes one reflect on why was the company still broadcasting in those last few days, selling items that from what you suggest have not reached the buyers in some cases, and with no verbal indication on-air or written one their website of a caveat emptor risk due to trading issues.

I am sorry to hear that you and others are having difficulties in trying to cancel staggered payment plans for goods not received. That is at odds from what I read on another thread yesterday from something that was picked up from former staff posts on an Ideal World Facebook group - essentially saying that all the last orders were being honoured. I suspect the truth of it is more related to what you are saying and your experience from your card company, telling you that there are many other people like you in the same or similar position. I suppose if you worked for the company you would want to say the opposite scenario, as goods not going out and in turn, orders not honoured doesn’t reflect well on anybody formerly connected with it. Hearing of yours and other customers’ current plight, again makes one reflect on why was the company still broadcasting in those last few days, selling items that from what you suggest have not reached the buyers in some cases, and with no verbal indication on-air or written one their website of a caveat emptor risk due to trading issues.
We recieved an e-mail reply from the administrators saying as expected the news isn't good. There was an attachment to the e-mail with a list of customer FAQs re refunds it said -

"Can I get a refund?
Unfortunately, due to the financial position of the Company, the Joint Administrators are not in a position
to process or issue any refunds to customers.
Therefore, in the event that you believe that you are owed money by the Company, it is advised that in the
first instance you contact your credit card or debit card provider to seek their advice on how to obtain a
refund.
In the event that you are unable to obtain a refund via your card provider, your claim against the Company
will rank as an unsecured claim in the Administration estate. In this scenario, please complete and return
the attached proof of debt form together with any supporting documentation you may have such as copy
invoices and proof of payment.
I’ve already returned my items but not received a refund or replacement
Please be advised that due to the financial position of the Company, the Joint Administrators are unable to
issue refunds or replacements for these goods.
As such, you will need to follow the steps under the heading “Can I Get a Refund?” in order to submit a
claim to your card provider or in the Administration estate.
Once a Proof of Debt form has been submitted to the Joint Administrators, you will be issued with a portal
notice. The portal will be used by the Joint Administrators to provide updates to creditors on the
progression of the Administration and the future possibility of any distribution to creditors."

For further detailes see attached PDF

Attachments

• Customer FAQs - Ideal World Ltd.pdf
    138.5 KB · Views: 97
Selling right to the end when knowingly orders would not be sent out.
So many people were caught out with this,online they have taken my money,nobody answers my emails,it’s actually disgusting,while many on here see IW as a joke,it’s not funny for lots of people.
Management and presenters hang your heads in shame.
Especially the rattan furniture which was a high priced item relentlessly promoted by smirking tat sellers.
None of these people should be allowed to be on tv again as it was dishonest,do the right thing please,and disappear for good.
Obviously they will reappear at some point in time,then the cycle starts again of comedy inaccuracy presenting which eventually ruins the company they work for.

Today it gets worse! Ideal World/ Kroll !!! contacted me by e-mail to say they had tried to take another easy pay payment of £150 second of 4 for an order that was cancelled by them before it left their warehouse or courier warehouse. Threatening me with debt recovery agency! For an order that was cancelled as stated, never left warehouse of the courier, that confirmed it was placed on their return trailer to Ideal World. Kroll & IW have not made it at all possible to contact them in any way except on their terms from the moment they stopped selling and went of air. Suddenly they apear to be able to say they will be phoning me in a few days to chase why they were unable to TAKE! further easy pay payments. Again for goods cancelled & undelivered. Rage is the emotion I feel right now. I wish that I had never done business with them since 2000. I am also very annoyed that they sold right up until going off air. I also question certain presenters who obviously must have known the customers would be subsequently financially abused.

You need to contact your bank to tell them to immediately block any payments to that company especially as you cancelled the order. The bank will no doubt know that the company has gone into liquidation/administration.

Today it gets worse! Ideal World/ Kroll !!! contacted me by e-mail to say they had tried to take another easy pay payment of £150 second of 4 for an order that was cancelled by them before it left their warehouse or courier warehouse. Threatening me with debt recovery agency! For an order that was cancelled as stated, never left warehouse of the courier, that confirmed it was placed on their return trailer to Ideal World. Kroll & IW have not made it at all possible to contact them in any way except on their terms from the moment they stopped selling and went of air. Suddenly they apear to be able to say they will be phoning me in a few days to chase why they were unable to TAKE! further easy pay payments. Again for goods cancelled & undelivered. Rage is the emotion I feel right now. I wish that I had never done business with them since 2000. I am also very annoyed that they sold right up until going off air. I also question certain presenters who obviously must have known the customers would be subsequently financially abused.
I'd try looking on the internet what your rights are so if they ring up threatening you can quote exactly your rights to them.
Personally I would
A ask if telephone calls are recorded and say you are noting the date and time of the call if so.
B ask for everything discussed to be forwarded in writing in case you have cause to contact a lawyer in Consumer Rights.
There is a site on Google called Just Answer.Co.Uk that will answer questions regarding Consumer Rights.

Latest posts

Back