The plot thickens🤔

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

missbabs

Registered Shopper
It's all kicking off (again) on the Qvc Fakebook page. Someone's been saying naughty things about a presenter and admin at Q towers showed the certain presenter the posts before going on air🤔. The distress caused was catastrophic...🙄💤

It's all kicking off (again) on the Qvc Fakebook page. Someone's been saying naughty things about a presenter and admin at Q towers showed the certain presenter the posts before going on air🤔. The distress caused was catastrophic...🙄💤
The page in question is not Q's own page, it is a fan group I guess you'd call it.

Why would QVC admin show the presenter the posts? Very unprofessional to do that. And to be honest, I am calling BULL SH*T
That does seem a bit odd to say the least. It's likely that Q admin contacted admin on that FB page and has sent them a stiff message regarding "kindness" and probably dropped the word "libel" into the mix, but to tell the presenter in question to read it - mmm, I doubt it. I'd imagine that who ever runs that FB page has had the wind put up them and wants to add more drama in order to drive home the point that you've gotta be careful what you say.
Mind you, there are a few contributors on Q's official FB who make it patently clear that they aren't Ophelia's biggest fans!

Writing a critical post about a presenter is one thing, and if witty, can be amusing, imo. Being downright cruel and/or posting ugly and offensive pics about a presenter is not funny and takes no intellect at all, again imo. The FB QVC Group do not want any critical posts about presenters, full stop. They make this clear in their rules, and anyone breaking the rules will be kicked off. This includes negative comments about the clothes the presenters wear and anything about their appearance. Where do the administrators draw the line between acceptable, constructive criticism, free speech and libel? It's difficult for them.

Why would QVC admin show the presenter the posts? Very unprofessional to do that. And to be honest, I am calling BULL SH*T
Having read it again it is the admin of the group who has had a discussion with a presenter on Q. It doesn't say who showed the presenter.

I used to be on the QVC Facebook group a while a go for a very very short time.
It was ridiculous how people were jumped on,warned by admin for the slightest negative comment about anything QVC or their products.
I think honest criticism should've taken on board by companies.

I used to be on the QVC Facebook group a while a go for a very very short time.
It was ridiculous how people were jumped on,warned by admin for the slightest negative comment about anything QVC or their products.
I think honest criticism should've taken on board by companies.
Totally agree,absolutely ridiculous. It's like being back at school and the admins are the teachers giving us the cane for disruptive behaviour🤣🤣🤣

What was said? About which presenter? Thanks.

That does seem a bit odd to say the least. It's likely that Q admin contacted admin on that FB page and has sent them a stiff message regarding "kindness" and probably dropped the word "libel" into the mix, but to tell the presenter in question to read it - mmm, I doubt it. I'd imagine that who ever runs that FB page has had the wind put up them and wants to add more drama in order to drive home the point that you've gotta be careful what you say.
Mind you, there are a few contributors on Q's official FB who make it patently clear that they aren't Ophelia's biggest fans!
Somebody asking if a BA is pregnant because she looks glowing or if JR only had two pairs of shoes is hardly libellous. The QVC group is a fan group, but there are some presenters and guests on there. Apparently somebody showed some posts to a presenter before they were going on air and they were upset. The group is full of people who think we should be kind. Admin would probably have a fit of the vapours if she read what gets posted here!

The page in question is not Q's own page, it is a fan group I guess you'd call it.
Is it the page run by a friend of DF? If so, she’s spent all day ranting on Instagram that the Facebook page that she’s run for countless years has been hacked and she’s lost all access. The timing is a coincidence!

Is it the page run by a friend of DF? If so, she’s spent all day ranting on Instagram that the Facebook page that she’s run for countless years has been hacked and she’s lost all access. The timing is a coincidence!
No nothing to do with Sharon.

Ah, it's all coming back to me now.

Don't forget, this was how Stephen from Yankee Candles met his doom. Someone decided to run and repeat to his husband comments said on the group, which actually just a silly joke. The husband took it very badly, giving verbal abuse, which ended with Stephen getting the boot by Yankee.

People really need to stop going telling tales from QVC groups to outside the groups. We in Northern Ireland call them Touts, which can result in people getting knee capped or even killed.

I know on here people have gone and repeated on other forums our banter which has made these forums think we are a pack of nasty C U next Tuesdays. With IW going down, I read on another forum a post saying people on Shopping Telly no doubt rejoicing over the end of the channel.

Knee capped or killed? Thats a bit harsh!
Northern Ireland isn’t the only place where this sort of punishment is meted out to informers, but it has become closely linked.

Sharing what is posted in one place with people from outside/unfamiliar is a great way to stir up a lot of trouble. It’s one of the chief reasons why I have no desire to use Facebook or other Social media. A lot of hurt, harm and unnecessary drama gets whipped up. Some do it because they love stirring things up and love to cause hurt, offence, job loss, reputation loss and more. Equally, in quoting posts in isolation you lose the context… was the post supported, or was it challenged?

Last edited:
Northern Ireland isn’t the only place where this sort of punishment is meted out to informers, but it has become closely linked.

Sharing what is posted in one place with people from outside/unfamiliar is a great way to stir up a lot of trouble. It’s one of the chief reasons why I have no desire to use Facebook or other Social media. A lot of hurt, harm and unnecessary drama gets whipped up. Some do it because they love stirring things up and love to cause hurt, offence, job loss, reputation loss and more. Equally, in quoting posts in isolation you lose the context… was the post supported, or was it challenged?
Regarding Facebook, last year I joined a group relating to the area in London I was born. It was a place to share anecdotes, old photos etc, it was really good. Then a couple of people started making racist comments about people living in the area now which led to vile abusive comments between members. Site admin did nothing. I came out of the group as that's not what I signed up for. Such a shame because people posted some great stuff particularly old photos.

Regarding Facebook, last year I joined a group relating to the area in London I was born. It was a place to share anecdotes, old photos etc, it was really good. Then a couple of people started making racist comments about people living in the area now which led to vile abusive comments between members. Site admin did nothing. I came out of the group as that's not what I signed up for. Such a shame because people posted some great stuff particularly old photos.
It's always a small number who utterly ruin things for the majority... not just on social media, of course.

To me it's very simple: if you wouldn't say these things to someone face to face, it's not something you should be saying at all.

The seeming anonymity of social media emboldens some people to express vile and repellent views... and perhaps it being a nostalgia themed group they hoped to find like-minded individuals for their worst views.

It's a shame the admins did nothing... but perhaps they were happy with the views expressed?

The worst thing about social media is that it allows horrible, abhorrent views a platform, and sadly, we live in a world where far too many people, whether through nastiness, or just plain ignorance, subscribe to the extreme bile spouted. Hence we live in a world now where ludicrous conspiracy theories reach a huge audience. It's sad that something that should be a comfort to the lonely or vulnerable often turns against them. Anyone who is sensitive, and I include myself in that, can be badly hurt by the vitriol that appears on social media, even on initially innocuous sites, such as the group mentioned by Muttley earlier.

Evil minded people are always around us. If you enjoy reading the majority of posts in the group you belong to, isn't it better to ignore the posts you don't like? I'm saddened, sometimes sickened to read the views of intellectually stunted people, with whom some others on the group agree, but I blot it out as best I can. I must admit, though, sometimes it takes time to forget the comments or photos. They do tend to stay with you. Do you equate a political 'informer' to a QVC, gossipy shopper? Isn't that a bit of a stretch?

Latest posts

Back