The Real Pie Company TSV 18/01/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Scandalous that they're still touting this horrible brand. Equally scandalous that people still appear to be taken in by all the spurious marketing. I wouldn't mind betting that they'd frozen a whole heap of their ghastly pies and are just trying to get rid of them. When it comes to the Q in QVC it would better stand for "questionable" than quality.

These pies never look very appetising to me, always look congealed. Not really interested.

I agree, it's just Brett Wanabe trying to make a go of it after the real Real Lie, sorry Pie, Company went in to administration and he'd have got it for a song. You'll have some people who'll say they they knows loads of people who buy them and they're lovely, but I'm not convinced though, even if the Queen had them (Julia not Elizabeth), I still wouldn't buy food off the telly.

The Real Pie Company 12 Piece Meat Pie Selection
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.808243

Auto-Delivery The Real Pie Company 12 Piece Meat Pie Selection
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.808620

QVC Price £47.50
Todays Special Value Price £37.98
P&P £0.00

2 x Peppered Steak Pies (230g)
2 x Steak & Stout Pies (230g)
2 x Steak & Mature Cheddar Pies (230g)
2 x Chicken, Bacon & Garlic Pies (230g)
2 x Chicken & Mushroom Pies (230g)
2 x Chicken & Leek Pies (230g)

The Real Pie Company 12 Piece Vegetarian Pie Selection
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.808355

Auto-Delivery The Real Pie Company 12 Piece Vegetarian Pie Selection
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.808618

QVC Price £43.00
Todays Special Value Price £34.98
P&P £0.00

4 x Chestnut Mushroom, Leek & Stilton (220g)
4 x Garden Vegetable Pie (220g)
4 x Cheesy Leek & Potato Pie (220g)

Debbie standing there stuffing her face and and putting on the oos and aas and saying which she prefers and of course the guy saying he preferred the other one just in case people bought the one she preferred pathetic really as if anyone gives a stuff about her taste anyway.

The Real Pie Company Advert

What do people think about the advert they're currently running for TRPC? In true QVC style it features close-up shots of pies so full of ingredients you'd probably not be able to eat one. Cue the shots of someone lovingly hand-crimping a pie before placing in a decidedly normal oven. Somehow methinks this is a far cry to the real conditions under which these pies are made. Still, I suppose having close-up shots of a few gurning downtrodden Eastern Europeans in blue hairnets on minimal wages dolloping stingy bits of outsourced sloop into some mass-produced pastry cases would hardly bring in the numbers, would it? Oh and then there's the soft Scottish voice-over, no doubt chosen to lend a touch of authenticity to the pies being touted.

There is simply no way that the claimed small team that the gurner waffles on about, has the ability to make pies in the sheer volume of numbers they would need to satisfy QVC demand. It's crazy that they try to insist that they do.

There is simply no way that the claimed small team that the gurner waffles on about, has the ability to make pies in the sheer volume of numbers they would need to satisfy QVC demand. It's crazy that they try to insist that they do.

I agree. Also its noteworthy that they say the pies are "hand finished," which could mean almost nothing is done by hand. It is possible, likely even, that much of the process is automated. It would be logical to think it would be for:

1) How else would a small team fulfil large volumes of orders?
2) There have been several complaints about the quality of the pies.

Despite the above being quite obvious, they still persist in peddling something that has been VERY carefully crafted - the ILLUSION of authenticity / artisan pies.

they don't make them all because some reviews will have full to the rust fillings others like me with have pies full of hot air...bit like Brett!

get my pies from the butchers, they are all hand made and way cheaper too, although sometimes i do like a Pukka Pie

Wasn’t it mentioned in the ‘burst of the pie’ that other bakers were making for them

I have local shops which I prefer to buy from freshly made.One of the shops their Pork pies are to die for but unfortunately not on my diet at the moment.

Pressing a machine button with one’s finger could be interpreted as hand finishing. The advert is rose tinted cosy toed laughable.

Latest posts

Back