TKMaxx bargains!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bella_bambina

Registered Shopper
Have you found any great items at TKMaxx recently? I love that shop! You never know what you might find!

Post about your bargains in this thread! Not just about qvc brands but any good deals you have seen recently!

I went yesterday and found 3 great items! I'm a beauty junkie so I always search that area first hunting down the bargains. They quite often have Bare minerals sets. This time they had a bare minerals eyeshadow palette from a couple years ago. I didn't get it as I wasnt fond of it. However I did find a palette by the brand The Balm !! I couldn't believe it! I had been looking at the same one on debenhams website the day before for £35!! TKMaxx had it for £10!! Next they had a palette by Cargo cosmetics called Summer in the city! Only £7.99!! Googled it when I got home and elsewhere it is on sale for £25!! It had only been released earlier this year in June as well so you know they it isn't old stock. They also had a korres travel set which I am giving to a friend as a gift for 9.99 normally £18!! Very pleased with my bargains! In the past I have got Neom candles from there. One for £18, normally £45. Another they had one for £25. Still a treat but I love them. :mysmilie_14:

I sometimes do a little google on an item in store on my phone if I'm not sure about it and read reviews etc! :)
What have you found recently? I find it varies store to store!

I don't get in often but do enjoy a good look around but a Saturday is a bad day for a rummage.

Being a bit of a sucker for watches (despite rarely wearing them, don't ask!!) and last year I took a notion for a spotty Lambratta (as in scooters) watch from an on line retailer but in the end didn't spend the £59 which was the best price I could find.

Popped in to TKM at the weekend and there was a navy and red spotty one for £18 so I treated myself.

I was in Boots yesterday and they had a whole load of Christmas sets down to half price. They don`t have much left on their website but my local store had quite a few. I got a Technics makeup case filled with eyeshadows, lippies, blushers, brushes etc , original price was £18, I got it for £9 and I`ll put it away for one of the younger grandaughters who`se 12 and not yet into premium brands.
They had quite a few perfume gift sets too. all at discounted prices, brands such as Marc Jacobs, Ghost, Jimmy Choo, Versace and others.

At the weekend I popped into Boots for some shower gel only to find hoards of ladies with overflowing trolleys of sets so I turned around and went home.

I don't seem to have the stamina for this anymore or perhaps it's just I don't want the stuff that badly?

At the weekend I popped into Boots for some shower gel only to find hoards of ladies with overflowing trolleys of sets so I turned around and went home.

I don't seem to have the stamina for this anymore or perhaps it's just I don't want the stuff that badly?

It take a lot of energy to bargain hunt with the horde or the OH who follows me around huffing and puffing and puts me right off track.

As I don't drive Mr L takes on the role of chauffeur and chief bag carrier is usually very patient but just can't hack the sales so I tend not to bother too much.

I saw some Strivectin in TKMaxx yesterday at very reduced prices if anyone is interested.
There were gift sets at £11 and £13 that I bought (in it: one full size NIA114 60ml; and two samples 7 ml; eye cream and other).
Then separately neck serum £11 and the neck cream £11 too.
I found some Strivectin online but offers in store are better
http://www.tkmaxx.com/page/search?q=strivectin

There was a large tub of Gateneau not sure what it was exactly and there was some Kipling too.

I think you've hit the nail on the head. Unless you're looking for anything specific in the sales then it's rarely a bargain. I prefer to sale shop online, I can search for exactly what I want and not be diverted by things that would be nice to have but aren't really needed/wanted.

With many of the cosmetics etc in TK Maxx shops, the packaging or the contents have been pawed around too much for my liking... it may be a bit more expensive to buy on line, but I would rather the products arrived pristine and giftable...

If it's a box that may have been battered in the shop, I don't care at all, as it's not a gift and the packaging is going to go in the bin anyway. If it's a tested lipstick, eye shadows or other I wouldn't want it of the shelf either.

If it's a box that may have been battered in the shop, I don't care at all, as it's not a gift and the packaging is going to go in the bin anyway. If it's a tested lipstick, eye shadows or other I wouldn't want it of the shelf either.

Invariably I have found that the box has been battered in the process of opening the product inside. If said product was still sealed, and I was purely shopping for myself, I might be happy to purchase at a good price; I would say, however, that I prefer to keep my opened beauty products in their boxes where possible, to shield them from daylight. If it is to be a gift, I would want the box to be in good condition, regardless of whether or not the box ends up in the bin.

I saw a Lulu Guinness small Paula bag in a baby pink colour.it was £73 there were 2 of them and a different style red bag (don't know the name of the style but it snapped shut with the trademark lips on the snapper) that was £99. I didn't buy as not really my taste, but I was surprised to see this brand in TK Maxx

I saw a Lulu Guinness small Paula bag in a baby pink colour.it was £73 there were 2 of them and a different style red bag (don't know the name of the style but it snapped shut with the trademark lips on the snapper) that was £99. I didn't buy as not really my taste, but I was surprised to see this brand in TK Maxx

They regularly have the cheaper end of the Lulu Guiness range in the branches I get to in London. Mostly they seem rather plasticky-looking ones, to my eyes.

I think you've hit the nail on the head. Unless you're looking for anything specific in the sales then it's rarely a bargain. I prefer to sale shop online, I can search for exactly what I want and not be diverted by things that would be nice to have but aren't really needed/wanted.

You won't meet a keener shopper than me, it's quite my favourite pastime(!!), but I just can't be doing with the sales. Half the time it's not that season's stock marked down, but some other old tat they've bought in especially, and I haven't got the patience for the bun fight and rummaging through a jumble sale. Also, I always ask myself, would I want these items at full price, or would I just be buying them because they're cheap? I wish I'd been hotter off the mark with the L'Occitane online sale, as I'd have liked to have got some more of the original Arlesienne body lotion, but hopefully it'll be something that they continue to include in their sales, as is the case with other discontinued items. I had a basket full of stuff on Look Fantastic, and would have got a free goody bag worth £80, but they went while I was deliberating, but - again - I really didn't need another £80 worth of beauty bits. I'm watching a bracelet on Lola Rose, which I will probably get if there are any available when they reduce the price again. All the other bits I'm interested in haven't been marked down yet, so am just keeping an eye. I'm always very impressed by the bargains some people manage to get, but I think you've got to be in it to win it, which is where I fall down!

Forgot to say they have some nice cashmere too, I bought some a few weeks back.
And I like their kitchen ware too.

I had a very unexpected 'one-off' gift of £500, and there is not a damn thing I want or need. I don't have anything to spend it on! Just going to save it until something grabs my attention. There was a time not very long ago when I could have spent it a dozen times over, but I think I have finally realised that happiness does not lie in a house full of 'stuff'.

I had a very unexpected 'one-off' gift of £500, and there is not a damn thing I want or need. I don't have anything to spend it on! Just going to save it until something grabs my attention. There was a time not very long ago when I could have spent it a dozen times over, but I think I have finally realised that happiness does not lie in a house full of 'stuff'.

Nice one Pick-a-Lily, spend it well when the time is right.

I was instructed to spend it on something that brings me happiness, so I will await the opportunity and I'm sure I will recognise it when it arises!

That is very true, although I still don't think I'd have too much problem spending it! :wink: What a lovely surprise, hope you enjoy it. :happy:

I love the Pecksniffs shower gel and hand wash so stocked up just before Christmas.
I thought the John Lewis sale was rubbish this year, I was all ready for it starting on Christmas Eve and was really disappointed, I got a twin set of molten brown shower gels for £26, the elderflower Milton brown shower gel which I tried to get last year but everywhere had sold out and I got a nails inc set for £12.50.

Popped to Waitrose to do collect my JL parcel and saw Korres shower gel half price so bought four bottles.

Like I say, I have a thing for shower gels

Latest posts

Back