Tova

• Thread starter Deleted member 22840
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

D

Deleted member 22840

Guest Shopper
Watching Tova on QVC, what a strange woman.looks about 100 but acts all giggly & flirts more than Julia does. šŸ˜‚

Me too! What on earth is her hair like? red and white striped candy floss. When she first starting talking I could've swore she was pi$$ed, I thought maybe not, but actually yep..either that or high on the fumes of her stinky perfumes! Don't believe for one minute that the BA wears Tova Signature!

She canā€™t talk properly because her teeth donā€™t fit her mouth. She also has problems opening one eye and closing the other.Needs to sack the cosmetic surgeon! Iā€™ve commented on her before, love to watch her for entertainment value only. Surely everyone takes the pi$$ behind her back?

She canā€™t talk properly because her teeth donā€™t fit her mouth. She also has problems opening one eye and closing the other.Needs to sack the cosmetic surgeon! Iā€™ve commented on her before, love to watch her for entertainment value only. Surely everyone takes the pi$$ behind her back?
Sheā€™s a lovely woman, but I think she needs to bow out gracefully

I always reckon if those with loads of dosh canā€™t get a face lift which doesnā€™t put their jaw and teeth out of kilter then what hope does Doris from Dunster have.

Same with hair pieces- Bruce Forsythā€™s wig was terrible yet the man was a multi millionaire.

She really has overdone the hair this time, it looks quite startling! I do like to listen her ā€˜storiesā€™ - I bet she led poor old Ernie a merry dance! Canā€™t dislike her though, and some of her diamonique pieces are nice.

Oh I'll have to watch her on-line. She really does look like a distant relative of The Addams Family or The Munsters these days. I do enjoy her tales of glamour etc. and I think we'll miss her when she's no longer a regular but I have to agree, she's more for entertainment value than anything else. I wonder if her parfams have attracted a new man into her life since Ernie departed.

Well what do you know, I've just flicked onto QVC on TV for the first time in eons and I genuinely LOL at the sight of her hair - it looks worse than ever (and that's saying something). No wonder she stopped peddling her cactine haircare range :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oh I'll have to watch her on-line. She really does look like a distant relative of The Addams Family or The Munsters these days. I do enjoy her tales of glamour etc. and I think we'll miss her when she's no longer a regular but I have to agree, she's more for entertainment value than anything else. I wonder if her parfams have attracted a new man into her life since Ernie departed.
Thought her perfumes stunned the men into submission?

Some people just don't know when to pack it in. These old gals from Palm Springs, and Palm Beach look like living cadavers they're so scary. Why bother with face lifts when they just need to eat a bit more and plump out the cheeks that way !

Interewting excerpt from an interview in the New York Times with Tova's comments about sell her company to QVC...

Indeed, like stepfamilies trying to blend together, the transition from single household to Brady Bunch is often harder than most entrepreneurs anticipate. Either the former owners have trouble giving up control, or they find the new office culture radically different from what they were used to, or they simply cannot bear to see what the new owners are doing to their creations. It can be wrenching even in the best of circumstances.

ā€œItā€™s like giving up a child,ā€ said Tova Borgnine, the founder and chief executive of the Tova Corporation, a cosmetics and fragrance company now owned by the televised home shopping company QVC. In March 1977, Ms. Borgnine, who is married to the actor Ernest Borgnine, started a mail-order company in Los Angeles selling a perfume called Tova Signature.

By 1987, she had 65 skincare products and 80 employees. In 1990, she began selling her wares on QVC, and 12 years later QVC bought the Tova brand for a seven-figure sum. Tova Signature is QVCā€™s top-selling perfume.

It was, she said, an accomplishment she was proud of, but still an adjustment. ā€œIn a massive corporate structure you have bureaucracy that you must be able to get through,ā€ said Ms. Borgnine, who divides her time between Beverly Hills and Malvern, Pa., near QVCā€™s headquarters. ā€œAll of the products are the same as when I created my company; Iā€™m in on every strategy meeting, but now thereā€™s a collective voice. Thatā€™s a luxury, but youā€™ve also got to be able to let go.ā€

The perfumes are owned by QVC and have been for years. I think they make her do the shows with them as she is more into doing the Diamonique based on her own jewellery collection.

I read the US QVC forum have done for a number of years and the complaints how QVC ruined the perfumes by reformulating them.
NO!!!!!!! I never knew that!!!! No wonder they are so dreadful then, šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚.

ā€œItā€™s like giving up a child,ā€ What an awful comparison.
She's actually speaking from experience. I didn't realise that she was married before Ernie to a textile entrepreneur called Louis Littledon who she worked for as his secretary. They had an affair while he was married to someone else and she had his baby, a son, which she gave up for adoption. He subsequently left his wife and married Tove (the name on her birth certificate) and financed her first business, a cosmetics shop called Tove's Touch. They divorced after seven years.

Latest posts

Back