Trousers far too long!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Susie Wusie

Registered Shopper
I have seen far too long tousers on Jill Franks and Abby from Dyson, trousers that go across the floor instead of finishing at the ankles or at their shoe level, today Alexis from L'Occitane has got these ridiculous length trousers on. What is it with QVC with all the wonderful 🤣🤣brands of clothes they sell why can't they supply them with trousers that are actually the right length, surely it's a safety issue as well
20220701_114558.jpg

Alex has a weird wardrobe tbh. Sometimes she channels her Chanel vibe with a brooch, and always likes to be 'on trend'. She looks like Coco the Clown in that get up.

I've said before, my bugbear are the too long jacket sleeves that are often seen on slebs. The cuff reaches the thumb and looks far too big. Even on the red carpet they get it so wrong, and they are wearing designer stuff !!!! It doesn't cost much to have the cuff shortened. Manufacturers cut sleeves to a standard length, so one size does not fit all. Just like lots have trousers shortened, I have all my jacket sleeves shortened to wrist length and the overall look is then perfect.

I think the ultra long dragging the ground is an in thing?

Being 5' one and half, all ****** trousers are like that one to me. I buy cigarette length ones now, and they actually come to the top of my shoes in short length. Boot cut style are totally out for me, so I have bought only straight length. Back say 10 years ago short length was 27" which was me, then as time passed it became 28" and now 29" is classed as short. No way in hell should 29" be classed as short length, a friend who is 5'5" wears that length.

Being 5' one and half, all ****** trousers are like that one to me. I buy cigarette length ones now, and they actually come to the top of my shoes in short length. Boot cut style are totally out for me, so I have bought only straight length. Back say 10 years ago short length was 27" which was me, then as time passed it became 28" and now 29" is classed as short. No way in hell should 29" be classed as short length, a friend who is 5'5" wears that length.
I'm 5ft 6 and 29 inch is just past my ankles. I prefer jeggings to be ankle grazers and trousers to be the cigarette length.

You're the same height as me, Donna, and I have the same problem with trouser lengths. The 27" was a perfect fit, but now the so-called petite lengths would only fit if you were average height. Ludicrous.

I cant bear anything sweeping the floor, be it frocks or trousers. I might be 5/7 but I like trousers to be ankle length so that would be around 26", and around 46" for dresses that would hit my calf or below. I've even bought crops that suit me better in length than full length.

It’s the same with full maxi dresses. I watch women walking down the road which is covered with dog poo, chewing gum and litter with the bottom of their maxi acting* like a road sweeper.

I wouldn’t have them longer than my ankles.
Probably the same women who go barefooted into public loos at the seaside.
Makes me cringe.

More fool them. No telling what they pick up on their feet !

I cringe at overweight blokes who decide to go with a bare torso and wearing only shorts in the supermarket. Their flabby and sweaty fat upper arms are more grotesque in full view than a woman (me) who has the same problem ( I only bare mine in the privacy of my back garden).

Look even more Max Wall (ish) when their size 12s stick out - usually pointed shoes. 😂 😂

Then there's the haircut. Peaky Blinders (and Beckham) have a lot to answer for with the ridiculous style of almost shaved sides with it really long and plastered down on top. No way I'd even look at a bloke with that haircut.

Look even more Max Wall (ish) when their size 12s stick out - usually pointed shoes. 😂 😂

Then there's the haircut. Peaky Blinders (and Beckham) have a lot to answer for with the ridiculous style of almost shaved sides with it really long and plastered down on top. No way I'd even look at a bloke with that haircut.
Young boys have the Peaky haircut since the first series started. See it all the time as they go to Primary school in the mornings. They get older late teens and still have the haircut.

More fool them. No telling what they pick up on their feet !

I cringe at overweight blokes who decide to go with a bare torso and wearing only shorts in the supermarket. Their flabby and sweaty fat upper arms are more grotesque in full view than a woman (me) who has the same problem ( I only bare mine in the privacy of my back garden).
If I had my way nobody serving food etc would be allowed to wear vest tops....something about bare armpits around dining tables doesn't seem particularly "naice".

If I had my way nobody serving food etc would be allowed to wear vest tops....something about bare armpits around dining tables doesn't seem particularly "naice".
When I was on holiday in Tenerife last year there was a dress code for dinner. Men had to wear tops with sleeves (most wore short sleeve shirts), no shorts and no football t-shirts. One man I saw wore a vest top and was turned away. He was an older, respectable looking chap but still had to go back to his room and change. It was a 4 star hotel but not flashy. And this was in the buffet restaurant as well as the A La Carte. It was nice seeing a reasonable rule being upheld.

When I was on holiday in Tenerife last year there was a dress code for dinner. Men had to wear tops with sleeves (most wore short sleeve shirts), no shorts and no football t-shirts. One man I saw wore a vest top and was turned away. He was an older, respectable looking chap but still had to go back to his room and change. It was a 4 star hotel but not flashy. And this was in the buffet restaurant as well as the A La Carte. It was nice seeing a reasonable rule being upheld.
That’s my type of hotel!

Latest posts

Back