Tucson Event?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've found a ring with a Z treatment! But it doesn't link to the actual treatment when you click on it. I really want to know what Z is now! The stone in question is a sleeping beauty turquoise and I know they often squish them together and impregnate with wax or resin, but no word on what Z is. A mystery!

"It's a mystery, oh it's a mystery. I'm still searchin' for a clue" Good old Toyah, liked that song and am now humming it :)

We are talking QVC here, but a woman Rosie sorry forget her surname used to come over and bring jade jewellery. So they have green, yellow, red and purple. I bought a purple stretch bracelet with an elephant with some 9ct gold also a pair of drop earrings gold with a simple teardrop in purple jade.

She used to clearly say that the fancy colours of jade are dyed live on air, so we knew what we were getting. I think she even said, but not 100% sure it was her? That some of the green jade which was really bright had also has some treatment to get the colour.

I still wear bought and often get comments on the earrings, how pretty they are.

I remember her and her Jade pieces. She was very honest and upfront about dyes to make white jade all the fancy colours. The bits with the gold beads and elephants, pandas etc.. were really pretty and a good price if I remember correctly. I like that because you are under no illusions when you purchase. I hate smoke and mirrors, slight of hand, tricks of the tongue and Gemporia is guilty of all this crap. Not everybody has the internet to "head over and check out treatments" and even if they did, as said here, not all treeatments are listed. Just more shady selling and they aren't going to stop beause it works for them, they are coining in (conning in lol) the cash.

It is nice that you get compliments on your earrings Donna, keep on enjoying them, money well spent xx

I know that some purists do not like dyed stones but for me what matters is whether or not it brings pleasure to the person wearing it. So money well spent indeed!

But I agree. The consumer should have access to pertinent information like that to ensure they make an informed decision when purchasing the item

I found out what the Z treatment for Turquoise is 😮 It's the Zachery treatment and involves soaking the stone in a 'secret' solution that helps make it less porous and have a better polish, Gemporia haven't actually got it listed yet, but its a well known treatment apparently.

Ah, I can live with that, but I still think any treatments should be mentioned during the presentation. They are happy to bang on about untreated stones when they think it will increase sales, but treated stones don’t get a mention. It’s up to you to do your own research.

Thank you for the clarification, BrightHunter. I was not familiar with that treatment, so I have learnt something new. I think TJC is worse than Gemporia. I was thinking about buying a red sapphire because they appeared gorgeous, but nowhere could I find about treatments. I emailed and I chatted with CS but no answer ever came my way. So one point for Gemporia: they are a bit more transparent

Oh I can hardly contain my excitement! They will still be showing the sodding clips of Tucson at Christmas, boring zzzzzz ... zzzzzz

Oh I can hardly contain my excitement! They will still be showing the sodding clips of Tucson at Christmas, boring zzzzzz ... zzzzzz
I do not know about Christmas, but Easter certainly. I cannot believe my eyes. As I write, they have just played another of those much repeated Tucson clips. What's wrong with these people? Was it their moment of glory and they can't let go, like those people who enjoy a great achievement and then never shut up about it?

Because I don't think that going to Tucson is the achievement of a lifetime.... Apparently for them it is?

It’s all padding, isn’t it? So they can reduce the number of pieces they air in an hour. I’ve just watched a little of Angeline’s Csarite hour. She’s been wittering since 9.00 about the amazing deals, as it’s Easter, and it’s what they do. Both pairs of earrings that I was interested in were exactly the same price as in the launch show with Ian Harebottle. So much for the amazing Bank Holiday prices. Haven’t they realised that people remember what things have gone for before? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

It’s all padding, isn’t it? So they can reduce the number of pieces they air in an hour. I’ve just watched a little of Angeline’s Csarite hour. She’s been wittering since 9.00 about the amazing deals, as it’s Easter, and it’s what they do. Both pairs of earrings that I was interested in were exactly the same price as in the launch show with Ian Harebottle. So much for the amazing Bank Holiday prices. Haven’t they realised that people remember what things have gone for before? 🤣🤣🤣🤣
How many more times do you think that Angeline will repeat that people are tuning in for the deals, which is what Gemporia does because it's Easter bank holiday?

I tuned in to see Angeline and thought what the heck has she got on? Looks old fashioned and not her usual style. Turns out it’s a Destello dress that’s launching Friday 😀

She was doing a jade clearance of Dave Troth’s jade apparently and he didn’t even turn up for his own collection. Win, win.

I tuned in to see Angeline and thought what the heck has she got on? Looks old fashioned and not her usual style. Turns out it’s a Destello dress that’s launching Friday 😀

She was doing a jade clearance of Dave Troth’s jade apparently and he didn’t even turn up for his own collection. Win, win.
Yes, I was intrigued when I saw her too! Apparently, it's a dress.... And in my opinion (and I know that tastes are subjective) it's an incredibly hideous one.

Yes, I was intrigued when I saw her too! Apparently, it's a dress.... And in my opinion (and I know that tastes are subjective) it's an incredibly hideous one.
I quite like some of Angeline’s dresses. This one though is definitely not her style at all. When I saw it I thought straight away it’s not her usual type of clothing. I admit do like some of the destello range. The dress looks dreadfully fuddy duddy.

Latest posts

Back