Ultrasun's Abby

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ERICS MUM

Registered Shopper
I meant to post yesterday after seeing another woman guest, but Abby now has reminded me.

I don't like this 'trend' of wearing opaque black tights with a sleeveless dress. To me the dress signifies summer, or an evening outfit whereas opaque black tights are more suited to autumn, winter and spring, worn with more heavyweight fabrics.

It just looks odd but maybe it's me. I've also noticed that Abby is wearing pink sling back shoes with her opaque - another look I don't like. Mum taught us that dark colour tights should be worn with dark shoes. I must be morphing into my Mum !

I meant to post yesterday after seeing another woman guest, but Abby now has reminded me.

I don't like this 'trend' of wearing opaque black tights with a sleeveless dress. To me the dress signifies summer, or an evening outfit whereas opaque black tights are more suited to autumn, winter and spring, worn with more heavyweight fabrics.

It just looks odd but maybe it's me. I've also noticed that Abby is wearing pink sling back shoes with her opaque - another look I don't like. Mum taught us that dark colour tights should be worn with dark shoes. I must be morphing into my Mum !

I think you and your mum are 100% right. Mind you, Ultrasun Abby's not exactly a style icon, is she. Her look often puts me in mind of my Home Economics teacher from the 90s. Last time I saw Abby she was on the morning show wearing yellow shoes and blood-red lipstick. This combined with the Victoria Wood / Ann Widdecombe "pudding basin" hairdo made for a rather strange look.

Totally agree. I hate my legs and keep them covered at all times. I wear dresses in winter as I can wear thick tights but in summer I only wear a dress on holiday as I can wear a maxi (not able to wear at work)

I also don't get sleeveless in winter.

Dark tights = dark shoes in my book.

Pet hate is seeing a dark bra through a light top or a white bra through a dark top.

The above was always a sign of a fast woman (and I don't mean 400 meters!) in my youth!!

Ultrasun's Abby

I never watch Abby long enough to notice what she is wearing, for some reason she really annoy me with her school mam voice and hand actions. If she is on for an hour I just don't watch , if she just pop up on another show I rush for the mute button, I do the same with the dreadful Abby Horne.

I once worked with a young lady, just 20, who wore shorts,black tights and white flat shoes to work. Very bizarre look.

I agree with what everyone's saying. If she'd changed the opaque for neutral 10 denier tights and a pair of black shoes, would have looked so much better.

I think her hair looks fine but she should ditch the plastic looking jewellery.

I suppose she'll be on our screens regularly until the end of Summer. :sad:

I once worked with a young lady, just 20, who wore shorts,black tights and white flat shoes to work. Very bizarre look.

Is it ever appropriate to wear shorts to work in an office do you think? We had a new member of staff do just that and I was shocked. Perhaps I'm just old fashioned (I'm 50), but if I was her boss it wouldn't be allowed.

Wear what you want out and about. BUT if appearing on TV or in person in a professional environment then you need to look professional in your dress code.

Last week it was really lovely here, so of course the men with the socks and sandals came out. No one in history has been able to explain this one.

Wear what you want out and about. BUT if appearing on TV or in person in a professional environment then you need to look professional in your dress code.

Last week it was really lovely here, so of course the men with the socks and sandals came out. No one in history has been able to explain this one.

Funny you mention history, the Roman soldiers posted along Hadrain's Wall wore socks under their sandals (it was too effing cold for them) so maybe that Gladiator Sandal trend that QVC guests always dredge up will be shown with socks when they've exhausted the look in every other possible way!

:mysmilie_17:

Ofcourse the Q fashion department will launch American Tan tights with sandals first; claiming they invented them! So retro don'cha know! :mysmilie_19:

I have never ever seen a grown man that looks good in these 3/4 length trousers, often worn with a sleeveless vest- I always want to laugh. Go shorts or longs nothing in between!

My pet hate is Maxi dresses that skim the ankle worn with heels.

Funny you mention history, the Roman soldiers posted along Hadrain's Wall wore socks under their sandals (it was too effing cold for them) so maybe that Gladiator Sandal trend that QVC guests always dredge up will be shown with socks when they've exhausted the look in every other possible way!

:mysmilie_17:

Ofcourse the Q fashion department will launch American Tan tights with sandals first; claiming they invented them! So retro don'cha know! :mysmilie_19:

Would that be open-toed sandals, and tights with reinforced toes that are 3 shades darker than the legs ?

I have never ever seen a grown man that looks good in these 3/4 length trousers, often worn with a sleeveless vest- I always want to laugh. Go shorts or longs nothing in between!

My pet hate is Maxi dresses that skim the ankle worn with heels.

I can't bear to see men in sleeveless vest tops in public - hairy armpits should be confined to their own back gardens IMO.

Is it ever appropriate to wear shorts to work in an office do you think? We had a new member of staff do just that and I was shocked. Perhaps I'm just old fashioned (I'm 50), but if I was her boss it wouldn't be allowed.

The shorts weren't too bad it was the black tights and white shoes. They were quite OK with what clothes you wore. Some even wore boob tubes in the warm weather now that I thought was a step too far.

I personally hate it when men wear those flip-flop / thong sandals with the toe-post, ie not a strap that goes across the foot. I always think: "You're a MAN, why the hell are you wearing those things?" They look absolutely dreadful. I also don't like it when women wear shirt and tie (unless they are a pilot). It just is not a good look and dis all very Annie Lennox.

Ultrasun's Abby

I never watch Abby long enough to notice what she is wearing, for some reason she really annoy me with her school mam voice and hand actions. If she is on for an hour I just don't watch , if she just pop up on another show I rush for the mute button, I do the same with the dreadful Abby Horne.
Totally agree! As soon as I see Ultrasun I'm switching off. She snorts like a pig when talking... Sorry no offence to Piggy's. I think I would take more interest in the product & possibly purchase if she wasn't a guest:sun:

It seems strange to have Ultrasun on the same day as the Alpha H range which has far better SPF products than Ultrasun imho! I'm sure Q would say it's all about offering choice but my money is on Michelle if she and Abbi settle it in a scrap at QVC Towers!

Latest posts

Back