Floral frights from Kimmy

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
(first, apologies to anyone who loves Kim's latest 'collection')

I have several 'pieces' from Kimmy - mainly in plain colours, BUT her latest floral print offerings, whether tunics or frocks, are reminiscent of the Plumbs stretch covers that were popular back in the 70's !!! Even the models struggle to look good in them, and whats with the Black, Navy, Aubergine ? its about time that designers threw out the rule book by making us wear a colour palette only fit for funerals in the winter. It was telling that a pink jumper of Kims rapidly went limited stock.

Even on the DHS every fashion shop is a sea of depressing colours. I've lost count of the times I've turned around and walked out. As we age these dark colours just make our skin look even worse, - and more make up has to be worn so we don't look like the undead ! "winter white" is popular, and a couple of years ago 'pink' was all the rage during the winter months, so why can't we have Spring colours all year round ? There are enough people suffering with SAD during the shorter days, and dressing top to toe in brown/grey/aubergine and black when there are grey skies around is even more depressing.

(first, apologies to anyone who loves Kim's latest 'collection')

I have several 'pieces' from Kimmy - mainly in plain colours, BUT her latest floral print offerings, whether tunics or frocks, are reminiscent of the Plumbs stretch covers that were popular back in the 70's !!! Even the models struggle to look good in them, and whats with the Black, Navy, Aubergine ? its about time that designers threw out the rule book by making us wear a colour palette only fit for funerals in the winter. It was telling that a pink jumper of Kims rapidly went limited stock.

Even on the DHS every fashion shop is a sea of depressing colours. I've lost count of the times I've turned around and walked out. As we age these dark colours just make our skin look even worse, - and more make up has to be worn so we don't look like the undead ! "winter white" is popular, and a couple of years ago 'pink' was all the rage during the winter months, so why can't we have Spring colours all year round ? There are enough people suffering with SAD during the shorter days, and dressing top to toe in brown/grey/aubergine and black when there are grey skies around is even more depressing.

Not me! My wardrobe is full of bright colours especially orange - tshirts for summer and jumpers in winter.

This can be a problem sometimes when I don't want to be the centre of attention. I do have a few maroon pieces which work well with my (dyed) red hair.

I never really understand when people just dress in black.

I have also noticed the drab colour ranges in the high street even Next has gone down this route. I managed to find a lovely royal blue top at Debenhams but other that that it's depressing and drab. I'm looking for a couple of sweaters and have in mind cream and a 'burnt orange' if I can find such a thing.

Not me! My wardrobe is full of bright colours especially orange - tshirts for summer and jumpers in winter.

This can be a problem sometimes when I don't want to be the centre of attention. I do have a few maroon pieces which work well with my (dyed) red hair.

I never really understand when people just dress in black.

When was it that people were brainwashed into believing that black was slimming and therefore was the ONLY colour which was acceptable to wear.

Kim has lost the plot a bit lately .i have several of her patterned tops/tunics but they are the ditzy small patterns in flattering colours.Nothing recently.

I have also noticed the drab colour ranges in the high street even Next has gone down this route. I managed to find a lovely royal blue top at Debenhams but other that that it's depressing and drab. I'm looking for a couple of sweaters and have in mind cream and a 'burnt orange' if I can find such a thing.

I`ve had some lovely brighter coloured jumpers from Roman and if you register then log in and use the code WMU42 it should give you 24% discount plus its free delivery on orders over £20. Here`s the link to their jumpers.
https://www.romanoriginals.co.uk/knitwear?filter=true&categoryid=500,433

In the morning show whatever lipstick she was wearing together with the hyper mannerisms she was like a refugee from whatever happened to baby Jane. Lipstick was toned down on later shows.

I`ve had some lovely brighter coloured jumpers from Roman and if you register then log in and use the code WMU42 it should give you 24% discount plus its free delivery on orders over £20. Here`s the link to their jumpers.
https://www.romanoriginals.co.uk/knitwear?filter=true&categoryid=500,433

Thanks Vienna, just checked it out, and it makes a change to see some colour !

In the main though, designers seem to connect 'cold and winter' to dark and depressing. Its the same with boots, - black, grey, brown, oxblood red. I've never been a boot wearer, BUT would be if they came in colours like pale blue, lilac or apple green etc. Ok not practical for rainy weather, but years ago the only colour Wellington boot was black, and now they come in every colour and design possible, so how long must we wait before winter shoes veer away from dark colours. I adore summer and buy my shoes then, so much colour choice !

Thanks Vienna, just checked it out, and it makes a change to see some colour !

In the main though, designers seem to connect 'cold and winter' to dark and depressing. Its the same with boots, - black, grey, brown, oxblood red. I've never been a boot wearer, BUT would be if they came in colours like pale blue, lilac or apple green etc. Ok not practical for rainy weather, but years ago the only colour Wellington boot was black, and now they come in every colour and design possible, so how long must we wait before winter shoes veer away from dark colours. I adore summer and buy my shoes then, so much colour choice !

I so agree with you. I must admit I`m a sucker for Ruby Shoo shoes and boots for adding a splash of colour to an outfit but I only ever buy them in sales. I keep admiring these boots and no doubt in the New Year when they bring out their Spring/Summer styles they`ll be reduced to around half price and then I`ll snaffle them. I have several pairs of their shoes and love them all.
boots.jpeg

It's hard to get brighter colours in winter. I look ghastly in colours like olive, brown, beige, cream. Orange also a no-no! Black is fine but in moderation! This year doesn't seem as bad as some, but then again I've done very little shopping or browsing. Gap is OK for coloured basic tops but their quality is not as good as it used to be. The occasional Kim print is quite nice, but so many are like Granny's sofa or Hawaiian shirts.

Latest posts

Back