Veronese value for money?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

srhgts

Registered Shopper
I couldn't find any threads on this, sorry if I've missed one.

I'm just wondering if Veronese is considered to be good value/worth the money? The prices seem to vary a lot with little rhyme or reason; some pieces seem reasonably priced and some very expensive for what they are and the quantity of metal. I like a lot of the range and am considering buying a bracelet I think is pretty expensive for what it's made of, because the design is so lovely and the reviews are very good. Also, is the blurb about bonding being much better than plating accurate? I've only ever heard of bonding supposedly being much more durable and better quality from Ginetta, no idea if it's generally thought to be true. I certainly don't want to pay what is a hell of a lot of money for me for a bit of silver jewellery and then find the gold wears off within a few months or something. So is what Ginetta says true or a load of sales waffle?

No idea what the difference is supposed to be between bonding & plating.
At least Veronese is "bonded" onto silver where most plating is done on base metal so that's one point in it's favour. I have a few items from quite a while ago. The gold hasn't worn off but they are earrings & necklaces so don't get rubbed like a ring would or a bracelet might.

I have told myself I'm not buying anymore bonded or plated gold. Only because if I stop buying a £30 ring here and there I might be able to afford the real thing!

I bought my stepmother a Veronese chain for her birthday maybe five years ago. I can't think if the link but its quite decorative. She has worn it every day since. She never takes it off to shower or swim and although the colour of the gold has softened it is still gold. And it is not the only chain she wears. I did tell her that it wasn't gold from the start as I would hate her to be disappointed. I've been impressed with how its worn to be honest.

Now off on a slight tangent jewellery wears less if its something that is against skin. So a long necklace that is against a top or blouse will wear the plating off quicker than a bracelet. Fabric is more abrasive than your skin. I'm not sure how that works with a ring but earrings will definitely be the longest wearing. I have a necklace, earrings and bracelet set that has yellow gold plating and the gold has almost worn off the necklace. I asked my jeweller why that would be and that's what was told. If you think the colour is fading from a plated piece giving it a proper clean can enhance the colour difference. Hope that helps/is of interest.

Thanks folks, that gives me a bit more to go at. It sounds like the bonding lasts well so I think I'm going to go for the bracelet.

I have quite a few bracelets and necklaces and a couple of rings from Veronese and am very happy with them, I can't afford the real thing so this is the next best thing, have had no problems with the gold rubbing off at all. Some of the prices are a bit OTT for what they are but I've had some of the less expensive items and they are fine, have picked up a few bargains on Ebay too

Veronese has more recently produced 'very buttery yellow' look gold items, which I think, has stepped over the borderline to cheap looking

Six years ago I bought a Veronese solitaire diamonique ring, and it matched perfectly with all my 18ct yellow gold band rings. Very authentic looking. Also, its plating has never failed.
More recently I received a similar ring, from the Veronese collection, The gold this time, matched my 22ct yellow gold bands, but next to real, it looked cheap, and sometimes, when jewellery is too bright and sparkly and too 'I've just hit £££ millions' look, only the Hollywood Oscar set and Oprah could carry it off, 'as real'

Such a shame they went richer on the shade. The prices have also rocketed.

So to sum up, its too 'expensive looking' to be considered real (gold) and real (diamonds), if that makes sense.

Veronese has more recently produced 'very buttery yellow' look gold items, which I think, has stepped over the borderline to cheap looking

Six years ago I bought a Veronese solitaire diamonique ring, and it matched perfectly with all my 18ct yellow gold band rings. Very authentic looking. Also, its plating has never failed.
More recently I received a similar ring, from the Veronese collection, The gold this time, matched my 22ct yellow gold bands, but next to real, it looked cheap, and sometimes, when jewellery is too bright and sparkly and too 'I've just hit £££ millions' look, only the Hollywood Oscar set and Oprah could carry it off, 'as real'

Such a shame they went richer on the shade. The prices have also rocketed.

So to sum up, its too 'expensive looking' to be considered real (gold) and real (diamonds), if that makes sense.

Have you had any of the rose gold? Do you think it lacks authenticity too, or just the yellow gold?

I've bought many Veronese items over the years. Have have had many comments on some of the pieces, which frankly, I cannot remember having for other jewellery items. My favourite item was a diamonique ring (with scattered stones), but the gold peeled off after about a year. Everything else has worn well though. However, prices are very much higher now than the used to be.

I think the rose gold from Veronese is too pink. The rose gold I own, both modern and antique, is a soft coppery colour with very little pink tones. But Veronese rose gold dulls down fairly quickly to a softer more realistic colour ... in my opinion.

In Venice there are many shops that sell this type of jewellery- looks like gold, but on enquiring from the shop owner, its silver but coated with gold.

Incidentally, I own a very (very) expensive 18ct white gold ring with quality diamonds, BUT as there is no such thing as 'white' gold, the 'white' has rubbed off to reveal the yellow metal underneath. This has resulted in having the ring re-plated roughly every year. I'm told by my jeweller that this is not unusual with 'white' gold, but depending on how long and often its worn determines how long it remains in pristine condition. I've never had this problem with 9ct 'white' gold rings though.

Have you had any of the rose gold? Do you think it lacks authenticity too, or just the yellow gold?

Sorry for delay - I have not had Veronese rose gold 'in hand' so I can't pass on my feedback. On air, to me the rose gold does look a little unwell

The best ring I ever purchased was a champagne set gold ring with a huge 4 carat solitaire stone guess where from folks? Disneyland CA!! in 1988 (CZ stone) It lasted all of 1 month and the green disease hit it. I loved it so much, whilst in South Africa in 1989 I had the ring gold bonded, and they re-set the stone. To this day its great

Maybe that was 'proper' bonding. Maybe QVC have their own version of bonding. Like their 1990s Vermeil (That rusted) LOLOL

I have bought a lot of Veronese over the years and at the start it was great value and looked very well. Lately I have had a few duds quality wise but knew this straight away so they went back. Any I have kept have worn well albeit I don't wear them on a daily basis or doing housework. Personally I think the smaller pieces look more realistic. I have not purchased much lately as the prices have rocketed.

Maybe something in clearance might take your fancy at a price which would not break the bank.

I have a few pieces, I think they're quite nice but not worth the money really. But them when you compare them to say Lola Rose they don't seem too bad in price. I just wished I had shopped around a bit.
I think as long as you keep them out of water etc and take care of them they will be fine. I personally thought that they looked more substantial on the screen than in real life. They do come in nice boxes though.

Latest posts

Back