Well done Jilly Halliday

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

T

thatu

Guest Shopper
I watched the midnight hour with the Clarks lady and well done Jilly! She was informative without being pushy, helpful, and had just the right amount of enthusiasm without going over the top. She came over as knowing what she was talking about without interruptions to say we're running low on/I've got mine/whatever, she just mentioned things in an appropriate gap in the conversation and as a result, the hour flowed smoothly with the very knowledgeable Clarks lady doing most of the talking. If I didn't have a wardrobe full of boots, I'd be tempted to buy this TSV but having just bought another Kipling bag, I have to lay low with OH for a while.

Debbie Flint, Micael, Jill Franks, Chloe et al - you know who you are - take note. Silence is golden.

Jilly has always been one of my favourite presenters. Some say she is boring, but I don't think so. She is easy to listen to and doesn't feel the need to shout, to us the viewers.

I have always found Jilly to be delightful from way back. And when you compare Jilly to characters like the appalling Jill Franks, Craig Rowe and the quite atrocious Debbie Flint she seems even better!

I do have to say I like Craig.I was really like OMG why's debbie coming back - shes awful! but since shes been back,I have warmed to her.I find her quite informative with sizes in particular and shes quite honest about her sizing and what to buy.

In the 01:00 hour I didn't like the fact that Jilly said that slippers that aren't Emus are "dangerous" because they don't have the same support/structure. I strongly disagree with those sort of sales scare tactics.

Jilly is a real person, she has kids, she does the school run and she works (it just happens that she works on TV)… i love her!

I like Jilly too. I agree she doesn't seem to have any airs and graces and just gets on with the job.

I like her too, even though I would love her to stop saying "in this hour" every other second and also "ok" with an up inflection .

Not forgetting "Superb!" and "Right the way through" She does rely on her favourite sound bites but for some reason it's not as irritating as other presenters' cliches. I also like the fact that Jilly's family aren't mentioned in every other sentence for almost every item!

There's no ego with Jilly , shes there to do a job and she does it pretty well IMO.

I have always liked Jilly. She is comfortable to watch. I wish she would present more of the brands I like. It would get me watching more rather than switching off.

I like Jilly Hailliday but I also like DF, Chloe, Michel and Jill too. Chuntley, Jackie, Julia Dale and Sara are the ones I find the worst to watch. The thing I like most about Jilly is she is so down to earth isn't full of herself. I feel at ease when watching her.

Jilly did an excellent job on another TSV the other night with the Emu lady. QVC - listen up. Shouty-shouty, interruptallyoucan doesn't work. Politeness does. Or maybe the fact that Jilly's done these TSVs recently means they do listen to what we say here.

Latest posts

Back