Well well well !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Our previous many tongue in cheek posts of the pick 'n' mix idea of large sheds/warehouses/laboratories, where 'designers' can go and pull out 'stuff' to stick their label on, may not be so far of the mark !

Watching Linda Lusardi on IW yesterday pushing her half price beauty range, she admitted that the 'laboratory' in Switzerland where her made to order products are created, is the same place where La Prairie and Crème de la Mer are produced ! Makes you think about a lot of Q's celebrity beauty products. Of course she maintained that cutting out magazine advertising and all the other PR marketing is the reason why her range can be offered at a reasonable price. But offering 7 products and still make a profit for IW and herself, just how much are all these vats of creams actually costing ? tuppence a bucketful springs to mind !

It's standard practice across industry - from orange juice to clothing etc. M&S may use the same suppliers as Asda - it doesn't mean that the end product will be of the same quality or composition.

Manufacturers provide a service - the company gives them it's requirements and they build it / make it accordingly.

I suspect it's the same for "baked" make up such as Laura Geller and YBF, both of which are made in Italy (according to the guest presenters).

It makes sense - economies of scale etc.

It's standard practice across industry - from orange juice to clothing etc. M&S may use the same suppliers as Asda - it doesn't mean that the end product will be of the same quality or composition.

Manufacturers provide a service - the company gives them it's requirements and they build it / make it accordingly.

Yes, I DO know all this (strangely enough I'm not one of QVC's dum dums who need to be told to press the red button !!!) - my observations were of the 'tongue in the cheek' variety. But I forgot, its got to be black and white for some.

I always think that when they are pushing the idea of Lusardi cream being made in the same laboratory as Creme De Mer,they are trying to sell by association with a well known much more expensive brand .if its made in the same lab it must be as good mustn't it...............Hmmm

Surely it's common sense that all these 'fancy' big name creams and potions are basically the same stuff with different fragrances and packaging as per 'branding'. Laboratory? My Ar$e.
They probably make Atrixo and Nivea there too.
Mum used to work in a biscuit factory yonks ago, where identical biccies were packed in different packaging, depending on whether they were destined for sale in Asda or Fortnum & Mason (and all levels in between).

Surely it's common sense that all these 'fancy' big name creams and potions are basically the same stuff with different fragrances and packaging as per 'branding'. Laboratory? My Ar$e.
They probably make Atrixo and Nivea there too.
Mum used to work in a biscuit factory yonks ago, where identical biccies were packed in different packaging, depending on whether they were destined for sale in Asda or Fortnum & Mason (and all levels in between).

Bassets used to be the same different runs on different days for each supermarket as they each had different recipes.

Our previous many tongue in cheek posts of the pick 'n' mix idea of large sheds/warehouses/laboratories, where 'designers' can go and pull out 'stuff' to stick their label on, may not be so far of the mark !

Watching Linda Lusardi on IW yesterday pushing her half price beauty range, she admitted that the 'laboratory' in Switzerland where her made to order products are created, is the same place where La Prairie and Crème de la Mer are produced ! Makes you think about a lot of Q's celebrity beauty products. Of course she maintained that cutting out magazine advertising and all the other PR marketing is the reason why her range can be offered at a reasonable price. But offering 7 products and still make a profit for IW and herself, just how much are all these vats of creams actually costing ? tuppence a bucketful springs to mind !

I thought Linda climbed a mountain to personally harvest the edelweiss! :whew::flower::tongue:

Well it was the constant referral to 'glacier water' that made my eyes roll !! I love it when all the owners and celebs of the brands they are pushing, start waxing lyrical in flowery terms of the ingredients in their products; but no-one has yet beaten the Prai woman who said her creams contained a substance from outer space (or somewhere suchlike ! I know there'll be at least ONE person on here who will enlighten me !)

I thought Linda climbed a mountain to personally harvest the edelweiss! :whew::flower::tongue:

I've got visions of her in a dirndl spinning around on a grassy plateau... about to launch into song!

It would be interesting to see which brands are manufactured by which producer. Perhaps the biggest brands have their own factories, but the smaller brands (high-end and low-end) are all made in the same place. Factory production lines are so clever nowadays...

Latest posts

Back