What christmas presents have you bought from QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I haven't bought any Christmas presents from QVC. Actually I haven't really done any Christmas shopping yet, planning to do it online but not QVC, partly because I haven't seen anything that looks like it would fit the bill, but also because prices and p and p mean it would probably not be the best option. It isn't just the value, ie. whether I could get the item for less, even though you usually can, it is that so many of their products are very expensive anyway. I think they overestimate what most people have to spend on each of the people on their list. Also, I'd often rather get 2 or 3 small/medium gifts for a family member than one item from QVC which costs the same. Like today, they had a Philosophy shower gel and scrub which with p and p came to £30 - if someone gave me that, I'd be pleased and I'd realise it was pricey, but I don't think most people would dream it had cost that much. I just can't justify it really, I think most people in my family would rather have extra parcels but less expensive!

Bought the Archos TSV for my OH on Sunday.
He's been dithering about getting one for a while, and the fact it was on EP and I can return it under the MBG, after a decent trial if he decides it's not for him after all, made me go for it - despite the outrageous P & P.

Can't believe I'm saying this but I haven't bought one Christmas present from QVC this year.

As has been said,lots of companies online are offering far better options & many are offering free postage.

Even the dreaded High Street have tons of deals atm so why would I order from QVC especially when they charge an extra 2 pounds (approx) p&p to the Rep of Ireland?

Likewise, most of my Xmas shopping has been on Amazon. I haven't bought anything from QVC for Xmas. That said, we're a small family and my husband and I are not doing presents to each other. We can't really afford it and prefer to spend what we can afford on our teenager instead. Anyway, Xmas is for kids really. We'll have a nice Xmas dinner together (I have £50 of Tesco Clubcard vouchers saved which will do us nicely) and have a relaxing day (no extended family coming, even better). We've decided to move away from the excesses of Christmas that is the current trend. Our teen wants to get each of us a present so we have set a £5 budget for each of us. Our teen has got her dad a "Keep Calm and Carry On" red mug, which cost exactly £5 and which will be our mantra to get through 2012.

I've bought loads from Amazon, a few from Play.com, stuff from Liz Earle website, smellies from Boots.com, chocs from Thorntons and Lindt website, and the rest from various other online retailers. Nothing from the high street and nothing from QVC. I very nearly bought a Trespass down filled jacket for DD from QVC but came to my senses and got it for nearly £20 cheaper from Amazon.

Got my MIL a fleece blanket,some southwestern earrings for SIL,the elemis tsv which I have split...some for me,some for my other SIL.
The Yankee sampler sets,one for my cousin and the other for my brother.
Think that's all.
I will get the emu slippers for me.

bought quite a bit of last clicks jewellery for family, pashmina silk/pashmina for dauhter on the bay,primark dressing gowns for male family members,l'occitane from my stash and amazon bits and bobs. shopping noe done!

Well I did buy the Clarisonic so I suppose I could say that was my christmas present to myself.

I bought all my presents in SpaceNK and L'Occitane's sale at the beginning of the year 50 and 70 % off. I will do the same this year too.

I put a few things in my basket when I got the ep code, they were all jewellery and beauty items, the p+p was over £21, so I just couldn't bring myself to do it. As alot of others have said I've used Amazon for alot of things, even made my first purchase from IW, got a TV for my son. Qvc will have to sort out their ridiculous charges if they want to stay competitive in the online market

Yes don't get me wrong,All my other "shopping" has come from mainly amazon,ebay and a few bits from Boots and M&S.

I have spent far more than intended on my teens - so its going to be a no spends few months coming up.

The things I did buy from QVC were mostly on easy pay which does sway me :cheeky:

I do remember writing theres not much in the TV schedule that I'm interested in,but I've been off work recovering from surgery,and it is amazing that the more you watch,the more you want to buy.I do get truly sucked in.I've fancied everything lately from diamonique to last nights philosophy stuff :sad:

Last year I was able to solve 10 Christmas present dilemmas by buying the QVC calendars. Just gutted they haven't done one this year. Hard to understand, does anyone know why they haven't done one this year?. Fair enough, you can still buy the Thomas Kincade '2011' calendar on QVC but personally I'd rather have a lovely presenter's face smiling at me rather than looking at a peace gate.

Ordered the Alfie Boe CD for my parents and a couple of slankets for them. Also got a slanket delivered to my Aunt who is a nightmare to buy for - she is in her 80's so doesn't want more knick knacks but as she doesn't have a sense of smell, it takes out so many other options like candles, bath products etc which are a good fall-back.

Got my sister a charm bracelet - looks like Pandora but much cheaper! Would have ordered some L'Occitane goodies but since I was sent a discount voucher, I ordered direct.

Don't 'do' Christmas presents any more. My family stopped giving each other gifts some years ago (other than my great-nephews, who get money) and we no longer give to OH's 3 (grown-up) children. OH and I do exchange presents, his is on order but not from QVC. Mine will be from a list, and will come from the High Street. We do have inexpensive table presents at Christmas lunch and I bought these in Lakeland and supermarket.

I have bought a few things from Q as presents over the years, but not recently.

I just don't think QVC is good value these days - I recently bought several bulky items from my catalogue (mostly new bedding and towels) - everything was in stock, it was all delivered together in 2 days via our lovely friendly local courier, and it cost £3.99 postage for the lot! Plus I got 30% off the full-price items :sun:

I do remember writing theres not much in the TV schedule that I'm interested id aboutome following suregery, and once I was up ann,but I've been off work recovering from surgery,and it is amazing that the more you watch,the more you want to buy.I do get truly sucked in.I've fancied everything lately from diamonique to last nights philosophy stuff :sad:

Hope you're feeling better Rainbowdottie. I can totally relate. I have been home following a small opp. and once I got past the pain and generally feeling horrible, I went mad on the QVC website. I bought 7 rings on last clicks (including 2 Tova ones which I have had my eye on for years) and 5 mally sets, again on last clicks, as presents. The mally sets were really good value, but still...It was a bit awful when the parcels starting turning up, as worse luck, hubby was on late shift!

This week I went mad in The Bodyshop 50% off promo, with an added 14% on Quidco.

Whoops - glad to say I am now back at work, and am going to sit on hands until 2012, honest!!!

Nothing. Like other folk a lot on Amazon, in Argos, some on the Bay and very little in the High Street. I feel a bit guilty not buying in local shops but who can afford to pay more and has the time to trawl round shops only to find what is in stock has been mauled by other shoppers?

A few days ago I ordered a Kindle for myself from Amazon, as I thought that was the only place I could get one.

Today I was browsing around my local Tesco (only a 5 minute walk away) when I discovered they were selling them there too, so I could have had one immediately, and for the same price.

In fact, I would have had £2 worth of clubcard points, including using my Tesco credit card!

Nothing here either! Wooh ooh! Hubbie is having a new laptop (most definitely not from QVC!), 2 nieces are having vouchers for clothes and nephew a toy from John Lewis. That's my mythmas done and dusted. Ooh I do love a lack of pressure :p

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

From QVC, some earrings for my mother and the Leighton Denny TSV split between my half-sister and step-mother. The rest has generally been books and DVDs from Amazon/Play.com/HMV.com (whoever's cheapest for each item!) and Hotel Choc. My four year old has been the main focus of attention overall though, I reckon 80% of my Christmas budget has been spent at the Early Learning Centre!

Latest posts

Back