How much are you relying on QVC for your Christmas presents this year?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

maymorganlondon

Registered Shopper
I've actually relied a surprising amount on QVC this year - but mostly from my previous shopping and beauty "stash"... not bought anything for Christmas presents since I bought the men's kit which Elemis brought to air alongside the TSV in November. I have an ironclad rule for myself that I don't order online for Christmas after November (to attempt to avoid disappointment).

I've bought relatively few beauty items, and certainly none containing "supersizes"... One L'Occitane set I bought after an early tip-off here (10 piece his 'n' hers travel sizes in a single pouch) I saw in a L'Occitane store for £50.50, and QVC price, even with postage was over £15 cheaper. I've got 2 presents out of it (used a separate toiletry bag for the ladies set and kept the mens in the clear pouch, and happily I am giving these gifts to people who know and love L'Occitane so the "label" will be appreciated.

I dare say, if the children of my friends, who I buy for, were still at a younger age, then I would have been getting their presents elsewhere, but nice "smellies" are good for all adult ages, I think.

All the food for Christmas is courtesy of the dreaded high street, though, as are giftwrapping and decorations.

How about anyone else - have you relied on QVC for anything Christmassy? Is anyone now in nervous territory?

Just bought the July and November TSV from Elemis. PCMC and cleansers for me and the rest split up into Christmas presents. These are the only things I have bought from QVC since last years Elemis TSV. Got everything else from the High Street.

I haven't bought any Christmas presents from them, but then I haven't bought any presents because I don't have anyone to buy for. I bought a car cleaning kit for my vehicle. That's about it.

I have bought a lot of pressies from Amazon as normal. Nothing from QVC, but I have succumbed to a new ring this week for me, oh and one last week too! Thankfully, I don't have lots of people to buy for these days - just close family now.

Zero. I nearly bought a Radley brolly until they opened it and the dogs were sparse and cut in half. Can't even tell what some of the shapes are supposed to be. image.jpg

No xmas shopping done on qvc this year. They hardly do any certified cruelty free beauty ranges so I buy elsewhere. Bought from notonthehighstreet website for the first time and been really impressed with the earrings, bracelets and scarves from various sellers, nicely packaged and fast delivery too.

I took the head staggers and bought the Liz Earl TSV. Didn't really watch the presentation so didn't factor in the fact I spent ages looking for an appropriate sized box cost £7 then the bleeding thing cost a fortune to post (so bad Mr L refuses to tell me how much)

All in all my own stupidity and a very expensive pressie, the total value could have bought a very nice piece of jewellery.

Never again.

I bought three L'Occitane TSVs intending to use them for gifts BUT they are so fabulous that I'm keeping everything.

I've bought two gift bag sets and some small silver items for giving out plus bits from Laura Geller kits for stocking fillers.

I have only bought x5 presents from QVC this year. Some are bits from collections (Gatineau DefiLift 3D cream, Yankee Candle wick trimmer) and some are complete presents (latest Peony TSV, Elemis Discovery Kit, Cooks Essentials food storage bags TSV).

Just a clogau ring for my daughter as she likes rings and her fingers are tiny .no one else to give pressies to .And of course a diamond ring for myself .My hubby does not like anything except ties so from high street .

I found the whole thing boring, there was nothing for myself never mind as presents (not withstanding the TSV in my earlier post) but perhaps that's because I'm not into beauty which dominated the whole 6 months of viewing.

Nope, not one single gift has been bought from Q. It`s been mainly Amazon for a kindle, toys, books, cd`s, Argos, Boots 3 for 2 offers for gift sets, Marks half price offers a few weeks ago for perfumes , Bags etc BOGOF for leather cosmetic organisers , and Warren James for a silver charm bracelet for one of the grand daughters and some Crabtree and Evelyn items I bought in their last sale.

I have bought a slanket as a present for a loved one and the Bare Minerals tsv for me, I have actually wrapped it up for myself too and will open it on Xmas morning and will enjoy having a play with it, apart from that it has been good old Amazon and the DHS for me

Got the LG TSV for daughter, BM TSV for me (may go back Chandlelight very pink) Tree baubles and Amanda Lamb make-up bags so quite a bit, I have bought a lot from Boots as they have had some great offers and Amazon.
Loving the Soap and Glory 4 in 1 cleaner it is lovely to use so think I will be saving ££££ in future.

I am in a minority here. Due to ill health I have relied quite a bit on QVC, Amazon. John Lewis and Selfridges. It has all made everything so easy and I have treated myself to a few beauty TSVs. Delivery has been mostly excellent.

Latest posts

Back