What is the point of the assistants?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I like Marina! She's fun!

I can't stand Helen with her horrible, whiny voice. Her hair always looks greasy and in need of a good cut. And she's turning into Peter Simon.

I agree about Kiri - she always looks as though she can't be bothered (but who can blame her) and her hair needs a good brush.

I'm not obsessed about the presenters' hair :grin: Sally has lovely hair!

I like her but I agree that Kiri can appear not too bothered, especially when she is working with the appalling Mike Mason.

Then again I would imagine a lot young ladies might appear to be a bit fed up if they were told live on air before 7pm that their breasts will droop when they get older, or pregnant :puke:

I like her but I agree that Kiri can appear not too bothered, especially when she is working with the appalling Mike Mason.

Then again I would imagine a lot young ladies might appear to be a bit fed up if they were told live on air before 7pm that their breasts will droop when they get older, or pregnant :puke:

Indeed. Kiri and Mike are like chalk and cheese.

I haven't taken offence at anything Bingo Balls or Dirty Peter has said for weeks, probably months now. I turn off as soon as they come on. Sometimes catch them at the beginning/end of their shifts but I don't listen too much to them.

I haven't taken offence at anything Bingo Balls or Dirty Peter has said for weeks, probably months now. I turn off as soon as they come on. Sometimes catch them at the beginning/end of their shifts but I don't listen too much to them.

Same here Hillary, I only catch the odd bit of their programmes now. To say they are predictable is, predictable!

Bidtv same old rubbish products everyday.Thats why i watch less of both channels.

I used to really enjoy the assistants on the channels when they had more of a 'co-host' role. i only really watch durring the day so to be honest so i thought they had got rid of them. i do think they are missing a trick though. the channels have always been really male dominated in front of the camera and it's pretty clear that whoever does the hiring of the assistants is a 'red blooded male', they are hardly representative of the watching female audience or the products that are sold lol. Thin pretty 20 year old girls getting overtly excited about products aimed at women in their 50's? its a touch out of sync. if they are to keep the 'assistants' IMHO they should try hiring some older more experienced girls who we can relate to. girls who actually have something interesting and valuable to add rather than just being a 'nodding dog' bit of eye candy for the boys.

I always used to find this amusing when they'd be selling some garish Dr Cringles shoes that only someone 70 plus would contemplate wearing, and they would have Marina or Helen lying through their teeth saying how much they like them etc. As if either of these two would even be seen dead in them if they weren't being paid by Sit Up!

Lisa Celisse was my favourite ever assistant; fun, enthusiastic, genuine, always up for a laugh, not afraid to make a fool of herself and high kicking her way through shifts. Sadly missed, but hopefully she's gone on to far better things than Bid.

I don't mind Rezzy (though admittedly haven't seen much of her recently) and the only other assistant I like is Lucinda. I don't think much of the rest of them, be it Kiri, Gemma Smalltalent, Yolisa, Helen etc.

I always used to find this amusing when they'd be selling some garish Dr Cringles shoes that only someone 70 plus would contemplate wearing, and they would have Marina or Helen lying through their teeth saying how much they like them etc. As if either of these two would even be seen dead in them if they weren't being paid by Sit Up!

Lisa Celisse was my favourite ever assistant; fun, enthusiastic, genuine, always up for a laugh, not afraid to make a fool of herself and high kicking her way through shifts. Sadly missed, but hopefully she's gone on to far better things than Bid.

I don't mind Rezzy (though admittedly haven't seen much of her recently) and the only other assistant I like is Lucinda. I don't think much of the rest of them, be it Kiri, Gemma Smalltalent, Yolisa, Helen etc.

Ah Lisa! I remember her, married 'Willy' . One of the best ever of all of them. Didn't she go back to dancing? By the way, which one is Rezzy?

Ah Lisa! I remember her, married 'Willy' . One of the best ever of all of them. Didn't she go back to dancing? By the way, which one is Rezzy?

That's her, they used to live on a barge together. Wouldn't be surprised if she went back to dancing as she always seemed to be either teaching or in shows when she wasn't working for Bid.

Rezzy Ghadjar

I cannot stand Kiri. I find it hard to imagine a more useless thing on two legs! Everytime l see her she always looks abit of a mess. Sort of lazy student type whos parents paid for everything. I always think she lives in a real messy flat. Not dirty, just messy. Obviously l have no evidence of this, just a feeling! :nod:

That's her, they used to live on a barge together. Wouldn't be surprised if she went back to dancing as she always seemed to be either teaching or in shows when she wasn't working for Bid.

Rezzy Ghadjar

Oh is that Rezzy? We call her Dippy Dilys She's actually admitting to being on that old psychic channel which keeps closing down:mysmilie_505:. Have you seen it, I used to love it for the laugh but some poor souls used to believe it and pay the phone call charges when they were urging people to ring in... Ah... I see now how she would fit in with Situps.

Last edited:
I agree Lisa Celisse was a good assistant, she seemed a really nice down to earth girl and did indeed live on a barge with her "Willy". Last time I seen her she was presenting on Gala TV before Christmas.

As for Kiri Bloore, to me she comes across as a pain in the neck, not my cup of tea at all.

Oh is that Rezzy? We call her Dippy Dilys She's actually admitting to being on that old psychic channel which keeps closing down:mysmilie_505:. Have you seen it, I used to love it for the laugh but some poor souls used to believe it and pay the phone call charges when they were urging people to ring in... Ah... I see now how she would fit in with Situps.
Oh, I think I've seen them in the past, the likes of Physic TV, where gullible folk ring up these 'psychics' for a reading. Utter nonsense!

I cannot stand Kiri. I find it hard to imagine a more useless thing on two legs! Everytime l see her she always looks abit of a mess. Sort of lazy student type whos parents paid for everything. I always think she lives in a real messy flat. Not dirty, just messy. Obviously l have no evidence of this, just a feeling! :nod:

Strange, I would think she'd be the complete opposite. Imo, she's quite posh, and seems a bit classy for these channels. I doubt if she likes any of the clothes if she's the "fashionista" they say she is, she's probably mightily relieved that they don't come in size 4-6 so she doesn't have to try and model any of them. I reckon she's got an immaculate abode!

Latest posts

Back