Where do you keep/store your jewellery?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Caroleanne

Registered Shopper
I`m looking to buy something bigger than my present jewellery case which isn`t very big (its about 8"wx 5"D x6"H). it the kind when you lift the lid it pushes the draw open. Apart from a small section for putting rings in the other small sections don`t make for ease of access so consequently it looks a mess and is too small to store everything together, most of it isn`t valuable but would still like it stored better

Hey, like a bit of a jingle-jangle do you Burlz! Well, whatever floats your boat..!

I inherted my mum's jewellery box, which is like a chest..the top opens up, then there are a couple of doors to open, and inside are three drawers..it's lined with tarnish-proof material and has proper sections for rings and things. I love it. I would love my mum to still be here and using the jewellery box herself mind you, but it's a lovely thing in itself and sits on a chest of drawers on the landing and is much admired.

not at all glamorous but i bought some of those flat plastic boxes that you can get from crafty shops. clear so you can see what's in there and one layer of lots of little compartments.

I use a couple of those Prezerve pouches that they used to sell, with all the little compartments to keep things tidy. My rings are in those same brand ring boxes which they don't seem to sell anymore unfortunately.

I use one of those pink tin boxes that are supposed to be used for makeup I think. It has lots of sections and opens out on top. I bought if from QVC several years ago.

I bought an earring stand from ebay to house all my earrings and I use hooks that my hubby drilled up above my dressing table for all my necklaces and bracelets.

Rings,I don't have many of and they're in just a little trinket type box on my dressing table.Brooches are pinned to my (fabric) lampshade on my dressing table.

Anything else is just stored away in my old jewellery box

Has anyone ever bought one of those huge lori greiner mirrors that open up and hold loads of jewellery with anit-tarnish lining? and if so, what did you think of it?

the stuff that I am not currently wearing is in those Preserve wallet type things that they used to sell. My current selection is in a £1 99p multi section see through box from B and M bargains. This has been a great buy, has no glamour factor but saves so much time and keeps my jewellery very organised. I've got one of those metal tree things but stuff gets tangled and it falls over too and breaks, so a total waste of space really. Guess a sturdier one might be ok

Has anyone ever bought one of those huge lori greiner mirrors that open up and hold loads of jewellery with anit-tarnish lining? and if so, what did you think of it?

I have the cabinet version and I love it. It's stuffed full of costume jewellery and I really do wear all my pieces as you can easily see what you have.

Thanks everyone..it will save me trawling around as I`m not very mobile, going to the craft shop and B&M Bargains to investigate ..not looking for anything posh just practical with enough room and easy access..but I think I may drop some hints for the large mirror one and kill two birds with one stone as I have no full length one at the moment lol

Thanks too, I now have the lori greiner mirror cabinet on my shopping list, fingers crossed she brings it back on easypay!

have to say, i always fancied one of theose full length mirror ones - seems a really good idea - and big - cos let's face it. jewellery boxes are never big enough.

I l-o-v-e my Lori Grenier 3pc Silver Safekeeper In-Drawer Jewellery anti-tarnish boxes/759408; 2pc is 760112 BUT Le Q showing Out of stock on both! Similar design called Stackers available on web/John Lewis. You buy 1 box with lid, then add as many trays (stackers) as you need for your stash; different compartments. I read about it on Make-Up Alley, great reviews. I dunno 'ow to link. Clueless, I am.

I love the stackers jewellery boxes, as you can add more as time goes on and there are so many configurations to choose from.

I love the stackers jewellery boxes, as you can add more as time goes on and there are so many configurations to choose from.

Stackers are great I love them, though I fear mine will reach up to the ceiling one day.:blush:

I have the wall mounted one in Oak (I bought it on ebay though as the oak ran out so fast on air and it was cheaper!!) - I absolutely love it. We have just totally redone our bedroom and it fits in very well - I have an obsession with order and being organised and I rarely wore jewellry as it was all in various boxes etc and frnakly I didn't have time to look through it all in the morning to decide what to wear -now it is all in 1 beautiful cabinet it is great.
Ange

Like Breeze and silversequin, I use the Preserve wallets for my silver. Bummed out to hear you both say "used to sell" though! I was thinking about getting another one. :doh:

Latest posts

Back