Who’s going to the Feeling Fabulous With Ruth???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Today it was bucketing down but not cold. In Marks there was a young lady of a slightly bigger size say 18 wearing jeans and a bright pink bikini top thingy pushing her muffin top which was out in all it’s glory. Not sure it should have been anyones first choice to do the grocery shopping.

I think Ruth is the sort of woman who can't 'let herself go'. I don't mean slovenly, but even putting the bins out she needs to be pristine smart. I can't imagine her with relaxed hair and wearing anything 'wafty' , everything ahs to be a bit 'stilted', and she looks so 'trussed' up in her own clothing, that there's nothing I would want to wear. The only piece I sent for was that ****** cocoon cardigan where the arms came to my knees - the reviews weren't great either.

I think Ruth is the sort of woman who can't 'let herself go'. I don't mean slovenly, but even putting the bins out she needs to be pristine smart. I can't imagine her with relaxed hair and wearing anything 'wafty' , everything ahs to be a bit 'stilted', and she looks so 'trussed' up in her own clothing, that there's nothing I would want to wear. The only piece I sent for was that ****** cocoon cardigan where the arms came to my knees - the reviews weren't great either.

Our old neighbour used to get up really in the morning to get her hair and make-up done before her husband (of 40 years!) could catch her without.

I'd imagine Eamonn would be quick enough to tell Ruth if she looked less than perfect even if he didn't mean to be unkind. My BIL was the thoughtless speak-before-thinking type until he made a comment to my sister when she was on IVF hormones. He had to duck to avoid the cucumber thrown at him with deadly force 😂

The quality of peoples diets these days leaves a lot to be desired. Don`t get me wrong, I can love a takeaway curry now and again or a meal in a nice restaurant but they`re rare treats and I tend to cook most nights.
Mr V works as a part time taxi driver and loses count of how many Mums with young kids he collects in the mornings and before they take their kids to school they ask him to go to a McDonalds drive through to buy breakfast for her and the children. It`s often the same after school when they ask him to call at the drive through for the kids tea.
Add to that the number of families which use the likes of Uber eats or other takeaway services and the number of times per week they use them and that`s an awful lot of junk food being consumed.
My next door neighbour has 4 children and neither she nor her boyfriend works, they live off benefits and at least 3 or 4 nights a week we see delivery drivers calling with food. Her oldest child is only 9 and she is huge, as is my neighbour and she`s only 26. On the days they don`t order takeaway you see the kids walking around eating sandwiches and crisps or something out of a packet.
She never seems to cook anything and even though she`s young and already has 4 kids she says she wants more. Her boyfriend on the other hand is as skinny as a rake but that`s probably down to the quantity of weed he`s always smoking.
We also live directly opposite a primary school and nursery and I see quite a number of huge young Mums and they don`t care how they dress. Through hot weather they turn up wearing next to nothing and it isn`t a pretty sight. I despair at not only the way they dress but how so many younger people and their children are going to suffer all kinds of illnesses at too young of an age and how some of them won`t live to see old age.
The owner of the company Mr V drives for is just 45 and a short time ago he had a heart attack because he weighed 20 stone, smoked and drank heavily. The Consultant told him the next heart attack would kill him and not only that but his kidneys and liver are also in bad ways through his poor lifestyle. He has since lost 6 stones and has quit drinking but still smokes but nowhere near as many cigs as he used to. Hopefully one day he`ll quit and will keep on the straight and narrow and live a long life.

The following article made me laugh out loud. SO TRUE !! so I went back into the archives here as I know we were commentating on men, and this columnist has it spot on................

The following article made me laugh out loud. SO TRUE !! so I went back into the archives here as I know we were commentating on men, and this columnist has it spot on................

ha. Although I'm a man, that's a funny article. :LOL:

New hairstyle too. I only flicked channels as the News is all the same about the cost of living, and most of the UK coming out on strike, QVC has boring Philip Kingsley,, and then I saw the lurid pink blazer.

(as an aside, I read that "she who turns up for a free lunch" Lizzie Cundy was at the Feeling Fabulous event. Talk about scraping the barrel. :rolleyes:

New hairstyle too. I only flicked channels as the News is all the same about the cost of living, and most of the UK coming out on strike, QVC has boring Philip Kingsley,, and then I saw the lurid pink blazer.

(as an aside, I read that "she who turns up for a free lunch" Lizzie Cundy was at the Feeling Fabulous event. Talk about scraping the barrel. :rolleyes:
Has she gone down the spaniel ears route with the new hairstyle? Surely that’s extensions,( a la Jackie Kabler) When she was on QVC last week her hair was quite short and layered at the sides, it can’t have grown that quickly.

Was Ruth a heavy smoker? The lines around her mouth are horrific. Apologies if it's just natural ageing, but if it is smoking that's done that Holly should take note. I suppose it could be sun damage, I imagine part of feeling fabulous involves lots of holidays in sunny climes.

ps. I have a real crush on Lisa Caddy, the lady who presents Philip Kingsley ... very attractive, elegant, well-turned-out lady. The opposite of Ruth in fact. Meeeeoooow!!! :LOL:

Good for you Jack. At least there are enough ladies for you to have a pick ! Sadly there is a dearth of chaps for us ladies to have a 'crush' on, - not only on selly telly but tv in general. I've had to resort to Spanish dramas on Netflix to get my fantasy crush (he's only THIRTY years younger, but hey what the hell!)

I’d never heard of this lady but consequently there is an article in the Mirror online about a spat she is having regarding a bum lift and CV’s enhancements.

I know I sound like an old bat but these ladies are naturally good looking and with a bit of slap quite glamorous yet seem to aspire to looking like a blow up sex doll. Is this the look that attracts young men?

Well, I think that young men are going that way too - whitened teeth, hairless bodies and silly hairstyles.

I think when these get together as a couple there must be a hell of a fight for the bathroom mirror. My 'manly' coal miner Dad would treat himself to a splash of Old Spice at weekends - how times have changed.

Latest posts

Back