Who’s going to the Feeling Fabulous With Ruth???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Are men allowed to commentate on women’s games?!
Yes, but I don't know if they do or not as I don't watch women's football/cricket/rugby. I do agree with Brissels about Hazel Irvine being very good at presenting the snooker and golf but I'm not sure she does the commentary, maybe she does. I don't mind women referees in mens sports, I just prefer men to commentate.

Congratulations to the men's and women's curling teams on their medals, really pleased for them.

CC

Steve Cram ruined the curling for me. He knew diddly squat and just wouldn’t shut up, spouting banal nonsense. Unfortunately he grew in confidence through the competition and we heard less and less from Rhona and Jackie who were really interesting. I also hated his upward inflection at the end of every sentence. Once these retired athletes get a tv gig there’s no shifting them. Hazel and Claire are real pros.

Interesting article about Ruth's earnings over the last year.
Yes. Apparently, if it's true, she earns more money than her ITV colleagues per year, even more than Phil & Holly, as the added advertising contracts and the success of her range on a 'TV channel' adds to the money she earns from Loose Women etc.

After Joan Rivers died it was said that she earned $7 million dollars from selling the jewellery on QVC, which will have been the US and UK combined. Her daughter had quoted that figure.

It makes you wonder at Philip S’s earnings considering he is doing several high profile TV ads in comparison to Ruthless and him indoors and their bad legs. Does he own that gin company he advertises or am I thinking of Mr & Mr Made In Chelsea ?

The article is in the Sun and it could just be a PR stunt to get up Schofield's nose. Because not long ago it was announced that Amanda Holden was the highest paid female in the UK. Who knows?

It makes you wonder at Philip S’s earnings considering he is doing several high profile TV ads in comparison to Ruthless and him indoors and their bad legs. Does he own that gin company he advertises or am I thinking of Mr & Mr Made In Chelsea ?
it's Spencer Matthews (ex Made in Chelsea) whose into the alcohol free gin! It's not too bad either actually!

Clearly all those hours a week we have to endure the hand waving and clipped talking, are paying off.

QVC must be the easiest money ever made for these slebs. They don't have to worry about manufacturing or start-up costs, whether deliveries will be on time or the cost of fabric increasing in price. No, just turn up to the studio a few hours before show-time to familiarise with what "you've" designed and created, then its curtain up, lie through your teeth, hope that all the basket idlers check out and wait for the cheque in the post !!!!

Keep hearing quoted Ruth is going to have her ‘FRIENDS‘ at the event too. She’s quoted a few people like Strictly Anton and Homes Under The Hammer Lucy will be at the event. Just wondering if any of the others will include friends that are former Loose Women, This Morning presenters and fellow QVC guests such as Andrea McLean, Saria Khan, Rylan, Lisa Snowdon and Kate Thornton.

More likely they're getting paid a fee to attend. I mean, why should they take time out of their day to turn up at an event for free, where another of their ilk is on a money making exercise ? Because that's all it is.

More likely they're getting paid a fee to attend. I mean, why should they take time out of their day to turn up at an event for free, where another of their ilk is on a money making exercise ? Because that's all it is.
Do you think Jackie is being paid an extra fee by Ruths FF company.
I wonder if it will be classed as in her normal Q working hours or in her own time.
She certainly has landed on her feet being the presenter that mainly does Ruth’s hours each week.
It puts her with her book writing in front of more people other than those regular QVC shoppers, but to those that come from Ruths exposure.
No other presenter gets that much exposure to a potential customer base on a regular basis for any income generating projects they do outside of QVC.

Missed the first half hour of the Ruthless show, but it sounds like there were several 'tweets' about the Feeling Fabulous day(s). However, Jackie showed some photos of fans being snapped with their exulted selves, and yet, looking in the background of the photos there were very few people about. So, I wonder if it was a big hit !

Totally agree and I never watch women's football/cricket/rugby, however, I think young girls these days love women's team games and I'm totally all for girls getting involved in sports of any kind. I just don't think women commentators bring anything to the table when it's a man's event. I know, I'm a dinosaur🐲 (and a dragon as well - no dinos in emojis).

CC

I totally agree. I have no interest in sports but Mr AE always has it on in the background. Hearing women commentating on men's sports is alien to me. Their technical knowledge is great but they just don't have the banter.

On the other hand, I find it extremely annoying that young women are still being used as bimbos by given pom poms to wave around now they can't hang on to an often older and unattractive man's arm as he walks in to play darts. Can anyone explain what exactly the women walking then and pom pom waving bring to the sport?

CC you ain't the only one. There are more and more 'kids' appearing on the tele, which means I don't know at least 90% of who appear. Even news reporters appear to have just left school - I'm thinking Deborah Haynes who is the foreign journo for Sky - she looks and sounds about 14 !!! I've reached the point where I wish there were LESS women reporting and a few more men to give us the news. I MISS A MAN'S VOICE !!!!

(SORRY, went off on a tangent there)

I miss a man's voice in the background when sports are on, too.

Don't get me started on the Beeb replacing two decent male DJs with the awful Zoe Ball and even worse Sara Cox. Simon Mayo used to make getting stuck in a traffic jam bearable. I'd look around an a standstill motorway and see others laughing at the confessions along with me.

Latest posts

Back