Wynne Layers TSV 9/02/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I like when they are describing a georgette blouse as a jacket. Really creases me up pun intended.

WHY would anyone want to wear georgette as a jacket ? the fabric is bad enough as it is, but is ok as a skirt or dress with lots of stiff half petticoats underneath.

I've a couple of MW blouses that I got at reduced prices but the regular prices are far too high for what you get. The pieces I got were in the early days and to be fair the quality is good but those floaty bits of fabric stitched together are a joke for what they cost.

CC

Attachments

• Marla TSV 1.jpg
    Marla TSV 1.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 85
  • Marla TSV 2.jpg
    Marla TSV 2.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 84
  • Marla TSV 3.jpg
    Marla TSV 3.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 80
  • Marla TSV 4.jpg
    Marla TSV 4.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 81
  • Marla TSV 5.jpg
    Marla TSV 5.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 82
WynneLayers Notch Collar Blazer
Item Number: 196813
QVC Price £99.00
Todays Special Value Price £59.97
P&P £3.95

Blazers are the new must-have transitional layer, exuding sophistication and tying a range of outfits together with ease. This double knit blazer from WynneLayers is the perfect example of this essential style, boasting a range of chic details to really elevate your looks. In a semi-fitted style with a stylish silhouette, a lapel collar neckline and two functional front pockets, we know this blazer will become a wardrobe staple.

*A great saving : If you were to buy the WynneLayers Double Knit Blazer from QVCUK.com after this offer ends, you’d pay £99 plus P&P. So, for our Today’s Special Value price of just £59.97 plus P&P, you’re saving £39.03.

A wow piece - when it's too warm for a coat and too breezy to go without, blazers are a great way to complete your outfits and keep you cosy too. Tailored and chic, their versatile style will match perfectly with casual and dressier outfits alike, so whether you pair it with jeans and your favourite tee, or match it with some tailored trousers and boots, you're guaranteed an on-trend look every time.

Take your pick - this stylish blazer is available in six transitional shades. If you're after something classic to suit all your looks then opt for Black or Khaki. Prefer something bright and bold? Red and Leaf will be the perfect match for you. If you want something classic yet striking, then we suggest Midnight Blue or Creme Fraiche.

• Long sleeves
  • Lapel collar neckline
  • Semi-fitted style
  • Snap button closure
  • Two front pockets with invisible zip
  • Main: 68% viscose, 28% nylon, 4% elastane; lining: 100% polyester
  • Machine washable at 30C

Colour options:

• Black
  • Leaf
  • Midnight Blue
  • Red
  • Creme Fraiche
  • Khaki

Garment measurements:

• Chest: XS: 86.4cm (34"), S: 91.4cm (36"), M: 96.5cm (38"), L: 102.9cm (40.5"), XL: 110.5cm (43.5"), 2XL: 119.4cm (47"), 3XL: 129.5cm (51")
  • Length: XS: 68.6cm (27"), S: 69.2cm (27.3"), M: 69.9cm (27.5"), L: 70.8cm (27.9"), XL: 72.1cm (28.4"), 2XL: 73.7cm (29"), 3XL: 75.9cm (29.9")

All measurements are approximate

I don't think QVC will ever learn that they should dress the models in a size that fits. The TSV jacket on the plus size model was pulling and creasing at the back - up a size for her. The same for Melissa. She said she'd gone up one size. She should have gone up two sizes. The jacket looked better on Jackie than it did on anyone else. The trousers on the black model with the long, wiry hair are always too tight and the jacket was straining across her bum. How many times does Jackie have to mention that she is not 'busty'? Maybe that's why the jacket hung well on her, but she tells us this fact about her lack of bosom over and over, always with a silly smirk.

Grizelda no matter what brand or what size the models are the jackets never ever button up. I think if I saw a jacket or cardigan bottoned up on QVC I would be in a state of shock. If the clothes dont fit the models or the presenters what chance do the customers have

I bought a blazer from M & S well over 20 odd years ago - navy, double breasted wool mix with blazer buttons. Still have it, still looks smart. This offering is just market stall rubbish, the limp fabric attempting a tailored style just does not work on any level.

I don't think QVC will ever learn that they should dress the models in a size that fits. The TSV jacket on the plus size model was pulling and creasing at the back - up a size for her. The same for Melissa. She said she'd gone up one size. She should have gone up two sizes. The jacket looked better on Jackie than it did on anyone else. The trousers on the black model with the long, wiry hair are always too tight and the jacket was straining across her bum. How many times does Jackie have to mention that she is not 'busty'? Maybe that's why the jacket hung well on her, but she tells us this fact about her lack of bosom over and over, always with a silly smirk.
Indeed! What I don't get is this - Jenny Blackhurst always says she is a size 14 bottom BUT she looks smaller than some of the models who are said to be a size 10 when they are clearly not, and are shoe-horned into size small garments. Admittedly Emma, the model mentioned above, can get away with skin tight clothes because she has curves not bulges but I can't see here being a 10. What is wrong with being a size 12 or 14; sizes which are rarely mentioned or admitted to.
Also, what's the point of a jacket that can't be buttoned should you want it too? If you can't do it up it's too small!!

I bought a blazer from M & S well over 20 odd years ago - navy, double breasted wool mix with blazer buttons. Still have it, still looks smart. This offering is just market stall rubbish, the limp fabric attempting a tailored style just does not work on any level.
And Marla's on the band wagon with the frozen Bird's Eye pea green colour. Up until now, she's always done muted shades. I can't help thinking that Marla's a joke as a designer and so is Melissa as a fashion adviser.

I have a few jackets and coats that I got from M&S over the years and they all still look very smart.

I got a new wool mix navy duffle coat from M&S just before Christmas, it was £63.20 as part of a discount. I wore it today to go to the hairdressers and two ladies asked me where I had got it from as it looked so smart.

Right (rant coming). I am an XS in everything Marla and there's plenty room to spare. I'm a high street 10/12. So why, pray tell (JoJo's words, not mine, they stuck in my head) would I need a size Large in this jacket - according to the measurements? Come on Marla, give us a break. I like this jacket. I loved the red and the navy. But why would I buy and guess sizing then have to hum and ha and pay to send it back? You're known as a generous sized brand and then you throw in a bomb where your XS is a 34 inch chest when it's usually a 54 inch chest? Didn't buy but I see lots of people have. I would think lots of returns when it won't close. I also thought I noted a popper where the button was. Why? Just make a ****** buttonhole.

CC (rant over).

Where would you start on the sizing? Even the slimmest of models who could get away with anything look to have problems, jackets not having a hope in fastening, trousers with lots of wrinkles etc.I hate the way that tops do not accommodate for anyone with a bust over a 34” chest, needing a bust dart.I like a sweater @ the moment 196 825 but @ £65 + nearly £6.00 p&p no chance! Other garments would swamp anyone unless you were over a size 18 & then make you look like a ship in full sail.Anyone guess I am not. MW fan?

Latest posts

Back