Yankee Candle 2016 Fragrances

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That's what really irritates me about most new Yankee fragrances, you have no bliddy idea what they'll smell like from the title.

I agree but what I will say in their defence is that candle makers will constantly be trying to create new scents as goodness knows, there are endless candles on shelves with lemon, rose, coconut etc in them and in their names. If they want to bring us something different, just like perfume-makers, they will have to come up with mixes that won't always have particular fragrances dominating, certainly not ones you'd recognise. So what do they call them other than something that hopefully evokes a mood or type of fragrance? I know what you mean about it often giving you no idea what to expect though - or sometimes you think you know and then get a surprise when you get to smell it - but I don't know what else they could do.

As Mazza says, Serengeti Sunset should definitely have been given it a name which suggested oranges, even if the colour was a hint. My favourite WTF name is Whiskers on Kittens which only makes me think of cat's breath (ie cat food or fish), not something I really want my house to smell like, much as I like cats!

I agree but what I will say in their defence is that candle makers will constantly be trying to create new scents as goodness knows, there are endless candles on shelves with lemon, rose, coconut etc in them and in their names. If they want to bring us something different, just like perfume-makers, they will have to come up with mixes that won't always have particular fragrances dominating, certainly not ones you'd recognise. So what do they call them other than something that hopefully evokes a mood or type of fragrance? I know what you mean about it often giving you no idea what to expect though - or sometimes you think you know and then get a surprise when you get to smell it - but I don't know what else they could do.

As Mazza says, Serengeti Sunset should definitely have been given it a name which suggested oranges, even if the colour was a hint. My favourite WTF name is Whiskers on Kittens which only makes me think of cat's breath (ie cat food or fish), not something I really want my house to smell like, much as I like cats!

:mysmilie_13: That's so funny! Mind you, the Whiskers on Kittens was part of a series named for lines in the Sound of Music song "My Favourite Things"... so there were at least 6 - and this site has great descriptions of the fragrances, I think: http://www.basenotes.net/perfumenews/1449-yankee-candle-company-create-my-favorite-things-candles

:mysmilie_13: That's so funny! Mind you, the Whiskers on Kittens was part of a series named for lines in the Sound of Music song "My Favourite Things"... so there were at least 6 - and this site has great descriptions of the fragrances, I think: http://www.basenotes.net/perfumenews/1449-yankee-candle-company-create-my-favorite-things-candles

Oh, I should have known as I actually have a crumble for the wax warmer called Warm Woollen Mittens. I also remember seeing Yankee do one called Brown Paper Packages and it doesn't actually sound that bad now I've seen the description (for which thanks) and nor does Whiskers on Kittens.

Yankee candle Harvest time Frangrances 2016

UK Q3 releases confirmed with descriptions
image.jpg
Autumn Night - combines relaxing lavender and earthy woodland notes to suggest an inviting autumnal evening.
Rhubarb Crumble - conjures up memories of tangy rhubarb topped with brown sugar and vanilla taken straight from the oven.
Ebony & Oak - oak, pine, ebony, eucalyptus and pachouli makes an elegant forest fragrance.
Honey Clementine - the citrus delight provides a refreshing fragrance of oranges dipped in honey.

Holiday Party 2016

image.jpg
Festive Cocktail

Star Anise & Orange

All Is Bright

Macaroon Treats

http://www.waxaddicts.co.uk/uk-europe-2016-info/4590019112

I want them all, Autumn! Hope we get some good prices. Thank you for whetting my appetite.

Not sure about moonlight. Whiskers on kittens I would expect to smell a bit like dying embers on a fire with a hint of sweetness. I need to get a job with Yankee.

CC

Not sure about moonlight. Whiskers on kittens I would expect to smell a bit like dying embers on a fire with a hint of sweetness. I need to get a job with Yankee.

CC

I haven't smelt Moonlight yet - it doesn't seem to be very popular on here.

I tried my Whiskers on Kittens wax crumble yesterday in a warmer. It's not very strong or distinctive but quite pleasant. Not sure why you think of dying embers on a fire, CC - unless the cat sits too close to the fire and singes its fur, poor thing!

Hi I don't want to sound stupid but what are wax crumbles? Is that what they call the tarts now?
I have bought the scented spheres in the States and they are nice......over there just over $5, I have line dried cotton at the moment, it's nice, much more delicate than clean cotton which I don't like. They are in my car but they do dry out quickly in there, probably better in a downstairs loo, or bathroom maybe

I think crumbles are unofficial yankee products someone uses a cheese grater on a genuine yankee candle and bags it for £1 for a few grams to put in your tart burner or scenterpiece. They can make a fortune out of one large jar this way. Some people prefer to melt crumbles made from candle wax as opposed to tarts which are made differently. No idea why. They may as well buy the sets of votives and crumble those themselves.

I also think some official yankee sellers make bags of crumbles out of broken tarts and votives (sweepings off the floor) and therefore make money out of something they otherwise could not sell.

I have never bought crumbles (why would I when I could make my own if I was so inclined). But I have bought large jars from some genuine yankee sellers and they put a bag of crumbles in for free so you can try a scent. I binned my free one as they gave me lilac blossom which I can't stand.

Some more new realeases for this year ....

image.jpg

Also Yankee have announced that Rainbows End will be returning this year as a treasure Frangrance.

Sad news though it would seem that the simply home range will be retiring soon :( and replaced with a "scent bead " type range, but there won't be any tarts or votives just jars ☹

simply home although cheaper is far better than the housewarmer range. thats a real shame

I have never seen simply home (tarts) on sale anywhere so have not tried them although they sounded promising. However, I Shall not be buying any scentbead candles as the Q reviews were atrocious.

I have never seen simply home (tarts) on sale anywhere so have not tried them although they sounded promising. However, I Shall not be buying any scentbead candles as the Q reviews were atrocious.

The Simply Home tarts are available in Asda. Shame Yankee have decided to stop doing them.

Simply Home are sold in Asda

Tesco are selling their own version of tarts for 50p each, but there are only a few flavours available.

I liked the Simply Home range shame they retired 2 of my fav scents, Honey Vanilla and White Linen & Lace. I managed to buy a load of the Honey Vanilla tarts last week from ebay, but cannot find the White Linen & Lace tarts.

Latest posts

Back